Canadian Government Promotes Self, Not Green Cars

paullind10

Feb 20, 2007
www.healthcarereviews.com
Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Environment Minister John Baird made the announcement of a 31 million dollar program towards promoting green cars.

Of that $21 million will go towards the ecoENERGY for a Personal Vehicles program. This so called program will provide information on green cars on the market in the form of stickers and websites.
Is is just me or do they sound like the previous Liberal government that spends lots of money on promoting itself and getting nothing done. Do we really need 21 million spent on information websites and stickers?

The websites already exist. That leaves stickers and advertisements for the Conservatives to promote green cars and themselves.

They alluded to something useful prior to the announcement, giving $2000 tax credits to consumers buying fuel efficient green cars but decided on this personal Public Relations campaign of stickers and websites instead.

If half of the 21 million goes to administration that could of left 10.5 million towards tax incentives to actually buy the cars. That could of helped the sales of over 5000 cars, instead we get a zillion stickers and redundant websites promoting green cars and the Tory government.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, does this new ecoENERGY do anything useful, or is it a Conservative promotion tool?