Bush, Cheney accused of deceit in CIA leak scandal

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan blames President George W. Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney for efforts to mislead the public about the role of White House aides in leaking the identity of a CIA operative.

In an excerpt from his forthcoming book, McClellan recounts the 2003 news conference in which he told reporters that aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby were "not involved" in the leak involving operative Valerie Plame.

"There was one problem. It was not true," McClellan writes, according to a brief excerpt released Tuesday. "I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest-ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice-president, the president's chief of staff and the president himself."

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/11/21/cia-leak.html

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
It is amazing how many people have abandoned the Bush radical right wing regime and spoken about its corruption and evils. Mind you, this is a regime that mounted its campaign under the concept of morality, principle, and family values. Yet, never have we seen so many lies, so much corruption, and such down right evil in USA political history as we have seen under Bush.:angryfire:

And again: before anyone starts to say ''liberal'' or ''leftist', remember that McClellan is a Republican just like all those who abandoned Bush's corrupt regime.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
What amazes me most about the issues that constantly stream out of the White House is how skillfully Cheney evades the topics on talk shows. He is very shrewd and even the Asian politicians give him a lot of space. That says a lot too. There is more to be revealed as those who search fopr the facts and the truth are now very aware of. There are three facts the Bush-Cheney club can claim as their legacy. 1) the most autocratic group in the nation's history. 2) the one Administration which has experienced the most controversy and 3) the most corrupt yet in the history of the US and they aren't even remotely showing any signs of concern about this single topic either. I'll bet the economic staus will slip even further in the next few months. The current "Fix" for the mortgagae crisis isn't intended to help out damaged mortgagees. It is intended to get the mortage holders out of the position of having no cash flow and to get their situation resolved. Those mortgage brokers are big political contributors.