Bush Ally Defeated

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
John Howard who is often called ''Bonsai'' has been defeated in Australia:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/11/24/1195753382042.html

The new government of Kevin Rudd opposes Bush's war of imperialism in Iraq and has vowed to move out all Australian troops. A huge victory for Labor and an even bigger win for the world in its quest to stop Bush.

But wait! There is more good news as Poland's new government has also vowed to abandon Bush's war on Iraq:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0,,2216369,00.html

It just isn't looking good for Bush's war campaign.

Two losses for Bush, two victories for the world!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
The great Coalition of the Willing......

Lockheed and Carlyle...willing to steal from the American public on the basis of an invaision predicated on exaggerations and lies. It's nice to see the Americans getting fleeced by their own.....

Too bad there weren't enough intelligent folk in the United States to take back their government....

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Not that this is at all on topic but has anyone noticed that it's all Bush's fault and Dick Cheney barely ever gets a mention. Maybe that saying that the best evidence of the existence of Satan is that lie convincing people that he doesn't exist at all is some how appropriate.

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
The great Coalition of the Willing......

Lockheed and Carlyle...willing to steal from the American public on the basis of an invaision predicated on exaggerations and lies. It's nice to see the Americans getting fleeced by their own.....

Too bad there weren't enough intelligent folk in the United States to take back their government....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the majority of Americans opposed to the war? Last I heard, Bush's popularity was around 24% or something like that.

You know how it goes. You can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

I won't voice my personal views on the war. I'm just stating what I've been hearing and seeing on the net and in mainstream media. However right or wrong they may be.

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
Not that this is at all on topic but has anyone noticed that it's all Bush's fault and Dick Cheney barely ever gets a mention. Maybe that saying that the best evidence of the existence of Satan is that lie convincing people that he doesn't exist at all is some how appropriate.

Regardless of whether Bush is or isn't deserving of blame, or if there is even reason to cast blame, the obvious fact here is that Bush is the President. Not Cheney.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
John Howard who is often called ''Bonsai'' has been defeated in Australia:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/11/24/1195753382042.html

The new government of Kevin Rudd opposes Bush's war of imperialism in Iraq and has vowed to move out all Australian troops. A huge victory for Labor and an even bigger win for the world in its quest to stop Bush.

But wait! There is more good news as Poland's new government has also vowed to abandon Bush's war on Iraq:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0,,2216369,00.html

It just isn't looking good for Bush's war campaign.

Two losses for Bush, two victories for the world!

It is not surprising at all. It is rather funny that you think of this as a defeat for Bush. Bush will be out of office next year no matter what. You can call having your way for eight years (the lifetime limit) a defeat if you want but since he will be gone it hardly changes the fact that he went to Iraq, took out Saddam, and for better or worse got re-elected in the process. Politically he was very successful. Chances are that the next president will pull out (if that hasn't already been done by then) and the coalition of the willing will want to get gone by then. I just hope that the Iraqis manage to come together enought to rebuild their country.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Howard was also a vocal dissenter of the climate issue. He had come out in support of it just recently, but how seriously can you take someone who was against it when it wasn't popular, and then supports it when it is? Definitely good news that Howard is gone.

Toro

Senate Member
Let's see, Howard was PM for 12 years, an eternity in politics, and the housing bubble is beginning to crack in Australia, just like in America. So, even if there was no war, its likely Howard would have lost.

Let's not forget that the most pro-American to be elected in, well, maybe ever, was just elected in France. Political cycles come and go.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The war in Iraq was extremely unpopular in Australia and that didn't help Howard's cause but as Toro said, after 12 years in office, just about everyone in the country could think of a reason to vote for the other guy.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
It is not surprising at all. It is rather funny that you think of this as a defeat for Bush. Bush will be out of office next year no matter what. You can call having your way for eight years (the lifetime limit) a defeat if you want but since he will be gone it hardly changes the fact that he went to Iraq, took out Saddam, and for better or worse got re-elected in the process. Politically he was very successful. Chances are that the next president will pull out (if that hasn't already been done by then) and the coalition of the willing will want to get gone by then. I just hope that the Iraqis manage to come together enought to rebuild their country.

This is a defeat for Bush if you think of Bush as a metafore for the political/military/industrial/commercial/religious forces which started this war.

Bush the person, is just someone who reads a teleprompter. Bush the metafore, could win the next US election because they are probably running as both Republican and Democrat.

We won't know if Bush won this election until after this new PM starts making decisions. But Bush appears defeated in Australia.

This election may mean the battle against Bush to end an unjust and cruel war took a big political and military step forward. But I still doubt it will lead to peace. Assuming that 9/11 leading to Iraq, was a well planned ambush in the middle of a long simmering war, the current direction of this war remains a power and influence increase of Iran and its proxies at the expense of Bush. That's a recipe for continued war.

Maybe Rudd will move Australia's political/military forces in a more productive and wiser direction which leads to peace.

Last edited:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Regardless of whether Bush is or isn't deserving of blame, or if there is even reason to cast blame, the obvious fact here is that Bush is the President. Not Cheney.

Yeah well that's the thing, if there is someone to blame then it's a nice little bundle all wrapped up and kicked to the curb. Bush is the puppet for an orchestration that still has everyone looking the wrong way.

In twenty years, will anything have really changed?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's like Toro said, Sarcosywithnato in France more than offsets the loss of Horrible Howard and his replacement can be educated properly just like Tony Ofthepeople Blair.:smile:

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mr. Bush Junior told me that Iraq is a bunny wonderland..
He told all of my little friends there would be lots of carrots and little housings..
but last time I checked with my Uncle Sam, water killed him. Food killed him. And crazy bunny gangs killed him.
How many times does he have to get killed--again?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
``It is rather funny that you think of this as a defeat for Bush``

I have a friend in Oz land who opposes Bonsai. She wrote to me to say that it is because of the support he has given to Bush that stimulated so many Aussies to vote for Rudd.

Don't forget: the pro Bush government in Poland was also defeated as happened in Spain and in several other countries. Therefore, this can hardly be said to be favorable for Bush.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Bush as a metafore for Jihad. I like it!!

Only because the Jihadi's won't. :lol:

Tell this guy http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22808468-2,00.html that the war is all about Bush. I think he'll be sorely disappointed at losing the credit. :p

By Jihadis, I assume you mean the forces which oppose Bush militarily. These people have little to do with Bush's defeat in Australia.

The people who oppose Bush because they oppose war as a means to resolve differences and/or accumulate wealth and power appear to have won this election.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
It is rather funny that you think of this as a defeat for Bush. Bush will be out of office next year no matter what. You can call having your way for eight years (the lifetime limit) a defeat if you want but since he will be gone it hardly changes the fact that he went to Iraq, took out Saddam, and for better or worse got re-elected in the process. Politically he was very successful..

Maybe successfull in that he went there, but overall I think he has lost his battle.

Some say that Bush went into Iraq because Saddam was going to change oil sales to Euros from the US $, and now look- Iran is next as they threaten to do the same. The battle was to save the "US Dollar Hegemony" and it is collapsing all around him. Without that, America cannot afford to police the world and be the imperialists they were before Bush.

Ya ya, he failed miserably.

China, Russia, Venezuela and even OPEC are moving oil sales and trade into other currencies than the US dollar.

"Averting World War III, Ending Dollar Hegemony And US Imperialism" -
http://www.countercurrents.org/hensman171107.htm
- especially read the third section called "A Currency Reason for the Iraq War".

"The Naked Hegemon"
http://www.globalpolicy.org/socecon/crisis/tradedeficit/2005/0106nakedhegemon.htm

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The consensus seems to be that we have begun WW3 some time ago. we are in a perpetual state of war, well into it and well advanced, WW3 can't be averted, maybe we can stop the use of nuclear weapons but I doubt it. This time it's them or us forever. The Old Banking Houses mean to rule the world, every square meter, they'll exterminate millions to make it happen just like thier fathers did and thier grandfathers. They sell the weapons and fan the flames and the gold pours in.
I think Canada is #6 in armament sales this year so we're already profiting or at least our masters are. Try selling averting the war to them. Thanks for the links Karlin, good essays. I realy think we do have to wake up and realize the war started about twenty years ago. I'm very much convinced we're in deep serious ****.

Last edited: