Black History Month In Canada

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Black History Month In Canada

Rosa Parks was asked to move to the back of the bus and she said no and the American civil rights movement went into high gear.

When the news reached Canada of Rosa Parks defiance every politician and businessman and corporate executive of African origin said it was about time American Afro-Americans did something.

The British abolished black slavery in Upper Canada in the 1830s and that’s when all former slaves were able enjoy all the fruits of the harvest and grow wealthy and move up the social ladder of success.

When Rosa Parks was being finger printed at the police station a Canadian black farmer was working his own land.

When Rosa Parks was in court defending herself a Canadian black politician was drafting a piece of legislation.

The Americans are always bragging about their constitution yet that piece of paper kept human being as slaves.

In Canada the people of African descent have enjoyed the good life of freedom for all and this is why this country gets a lot of respect all over the world.

Black History Month

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
When Rosa Parks was in court defending herself a Canadian black politician was drafting a piece of legislation.
Really?

And who might that be?

This is why you and the rest of the liberals in Canada, have such a jaded and unrealistic view of this nation, you haven't clue one about it's history.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Really?

And who might that be?

This is why you and the rest of the liberals in Canada, have such a jaded and unrealistic view of this nation, you haven't clue one about it's history.

You tell me what's your Reform/Conservative view on Canada?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You tell me what's your Reform/Conservative view on Canada?
I can't...for two reasons. I'm niether reform, nor conservative :lol:, and there wasn't a black politician drafting legislation in parliament in 55. So ya, ya, ya, I must be a reform, conservative, because I actually know more about Canadian history then you and the bulk of the left in this country...:roll:

Burr Plato was a councilor in Niagara from 1886 to 1901.
William Hubbard was an Alderman from 1894 to 1914.

The first black Canadian to be elected to a position where he could be drafting legislation, wasn't until Lincoln Alexander was elected in 68, and of all things, as a Progressive Conservative...:lol:

But nope, no black politicians in either the Provincial or Federal legislatures in 55, when Rosa was tried for disorderly conduct and breach of public ordinance.

And just because I know the facts of our history and despise those on the left that haven't clue one, and mangle it to their benefit, does not make me a right wing reformer or conservative you know.

It makes me a realist.

As for my personal, non partisan views of this great Nation? We are leaps and bounds ahead of other nation, in regards to equality. In some areas we've gone way to far in protecting peoples feelings, as apposed to actually protecting their rights. But in the end, we reached mile stones ahead of other nations. In erroneously comparing ourselves to a singular nation, as you have in your OP. You detract from our sovereignty and dignity.

Try learning the truth about our history, it surely isn't as pretty as you think it is. Which is why you sport a photo of the worst PM in the history of Canada. If you actually knew Canadian history, you would know him to be such.

Stop trying to make yourself feel better about Canada, by putting down the states. That's like a bully on a play ground putting others down to feel good about himself, because his self esteem is of such low proportions . Learn about our rich and lustrous, but sometimes tarnished history and you will see you have no need to balance your perception of Canada against the States or any other nation, to feel good about her.

Last edited:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Ive always wondered why in Canada we celebrate Black History month when there are hardly any black folks in the country compared to other visiable minorities??? Why do the black get a whole month to celebrate and not other cultures or ethnic groups?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
In Canada the people of African descent have enjoyed the good life of freedom for all and this is
why this country gets a lot of respect all over the world.

Respect .................from who ?.explain and back it up with "at least something".

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Really?

And who might that be?

You mean to tell me that there really wasn't a African-Canadian drafting legislation while Rosa Parks was being booked?

So he just made that part up?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
In Canada the people of African descent have enjoyed the good life of freedom for all and this is

Respect .................from who ?.explain and back it up with "at least something".

Okay...you keep posting here....why is that china?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You might want to look up James Douglas who was the governor of the colonies of Vancouver Island and British Columbia.

His mother was free coloured. Which meant mixed race.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You might want to look up James Douglas who was the governor of the colonies of Vancouver Island and British Columbia.

His mother was free coloured. Which meant mixed race.
Soo your one and only example is some guy who was essentially 3/4 White with a paternal family that was well connected.