birdland

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Thanks Pea... :p

I've read two possible reasons for the favour that Lizzy number one heaped on Devereux...

1. He was her bastard son...possible, and there is some compelling evidence to suggest this...

2. He was boning her...which is the premise that the movie has followed...

Either way though, she ended up lopping off his head... 8O

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: birdland

Reverend Blair said:
The only reason they exist on this continent is a pair of idiots decided top release all of the birds in Shakespeare's plays here. If it wasn't for that twinning of inbred gits, I'd have some real birds in my yard.

Same as Dandelions. Hundreds of years ago, some Scottish a-hole in North America decided he "missed" the sight of his favourite Scottish flower, so he arranged to have a pack of seeds sent over.

I'd dearly love to give that prick a "nose-adjustment"....

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
Yes, well the 3rd Earl was eldest son of the 2nd Earl, ergo, I am descended from both...

Yes, well thanks for the little history/genealogy lesson Mr Fucci. I'd heard a rumour that was how it worked.

I was talking to peapod about this last night; a few weeks ago I was in the British Library in London. They have a lot of historic documents on display. I was looking at your ancestor's death warrant, the original, as signed by Elizabeth I. Spooky ... 8)

I see Essex has also been played 'in the movies' by Charlton Heston, Vanni. Funny, you forgot to mention that ... :wink:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Hard-Luck Henry said:
I was talking to peapod about this last night; a few weeks ago I was in the British Library in London. They have a lot of historic documents on display. I was looking at your ancestor's death warrant, the original, as signed by Elizabeth I. Spooky ... 8)

Very spooky indeed, I should like to see that myself sometime...

Hard-Luck Henry said:
I see Essex has also been played 'in the movies' by Charlton Heston, Vanni. Funny, you forgot to mention that ... :wink:

Truth be told, I wasn't aware that he had...and so it seems we're all learning from this little genealogical enterprise...

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I'm sure I can get hold of some kind of facsimile. I will endeavour to find out. I'm not sure they'll let me photocopy the original, though .... :lol:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Hard-Luck Henry said:
I'm sure I can get hold of some kind of facsimile. I will endeavour to find out. I'm not sure they'll let me photocopy the original, though .... :lol:

How about ex-patriating the original document for a private viewing to a patron of the British Library in London? I'll make a donation today if that will help... :wink:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
How about ex-patriating the original document for a private viewing to a patron of the British Library in London? I'll make a donation today if that will help... :wink:

:lol: I must admit the thought had crossed my mind at the time, but I had my eye on the Anglo Saxon Chronicle. The glass looked quite tough but it was only glass after all so, hey, how tough could it be? I was being 'tailed' by an over-zealous security guard, I must've looked furtive (or scruffy), so I went away to formulate a plan. I'm a bit of a procrastinator, as it happens, so ...

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
No...a relative from the States that I'd never heard of contacted my mom and after gathering her information, printed his research and bound it in a book and then mailed her a copy...all very cool, and probably costly...the thing weighs a few pounds... 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
That is so cool vanni, genealogy is full of random acts of kindness, you will have to tell us some of the naughty bits, when you read the volume. :wink: