Bill Clinton's book.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
As some of you may have heard--here there's no escape--former-President Bill Clinton has a book out, a memoir titled "My Life." Our municipal library system has purchased 179 copies. I placed a reserve this morning. I am number 618 on the waiting list.

Personally, I didn't vote for him the first time, and I didn't vote for him the second time. (The last time I voted for president was in 1984--I voted for Mondale; to be able later to say I had done. I mean, I can see Reagan getting elected once. But then to be re-elected? Whatever will history think of us? There was a bumper-sticker popular in the South during Watergate: Don't blame me, I vote for Wallace! Well, don't blame me, I voted for Mondale. Anyway.) If Clinton could be running this time, I do believe I'd vote for him. Yes, he was a rascal, but he was also a damned fine president. We could use his knowledge and experience. If it is any indication of something, the strategy of the Bush re-election campaign thus far has been to run against. . .Bill Clinton.

What's the consensus? Would you like to see Clinton back in the White House? I shudder to imagine what might go on, but gee, wouldn't it be interesting?

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I liked Bill. The best President the US has had in a very long time.... Your economy was in top shape, the world was relativly at peace, and I enjoyed seeing him play gulf with Jean from time to time.

I will buy his book when its released.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I mean, I can see Reagan getting elected once. But then to be re-elected? Whatever will history think of us?

The Reagan presidency proved that literally anybody could be president.

It certainly cleared the decks for Trump

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
A book I might add, that the American taxpayer got to pay for while being expected to buy their own copy if they want one.

There's a fund set up so that former Presidents don't wind up penniless for whatever reason. It's NOT there for multi-millionaires to pilfer to make themselves wealthier. That is precisely where the money for the book came from. Man, I guess $75 million is considered "penniless" these days. Poor Bill. Poor, poor Bill.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A book I might add, that the American taxpayer got to pay for while being expected to buy their own copy if they want one.
There's a fund set up so that former Presidents don't wind up penniless for whatever reason. It's NOT there for multi-millionaires to pilfer to make themselves wealthier. That is precisely where the money for the book came from. Man, I guess $75 million is considered "penniless" these days. Poor Bill. Poor, poor Bill.
Did he get the money from the fund according to the rules of the fund, or not?

The opinion of an obviously-biased Canadian on "what it's for" ain't worth a fart in a windstorm.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Yes. Bill was the best of all.....if only could have found some women who could keep their damn mouths shut.