BC Maple Syrup!!

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh know ...

When I was a kid, we had gallons and gallons of Maple Syrup in the pantry.
My Dad's father owned an island (farm) called Maple Island and near Parry Sound, Ontario.
I used to drink it!

I had this horrible need for sugar as a kid.
I used to sneak downstairs during the night and eat spoonfuls of white and brown sugar.
I drank a 2lb tin of corn syrup one time.

Calm

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Twila does galaniomama have pictures of her husbands work :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: you have no idea :p Yes there are olive trees and anything that can grow in the medditerian will grow in this particular spot. There are also lots of cyclads, Palms, and bananas..the property is also positioned that it does not really get wind. I don't think there will ever be a fence around the property..first you have to get down to it 8O the road is like a switchback, alright if your climbing...tense descending with galaniomama screaming 8O. The back end of the property is the mountain. The house truly sits almost on top of the bluff. The house most definately is just part of the landscape..but anyone that could afford this piece of land...is not interested in vinyl :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Twila does galaniomama have pictures of her husbands work :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: you have no idea :p Yes there are olive trees and anything that can grow in the medditerian will grow in this particular spot. There are also lots of cyclads, Palms, and bananas..the property is also positioned that it does not really get wind. I don't think there will ever be a fence around the property..first you have to get down to it 8O the road is like a switchback, alright if your climbing...tense descending with galaniomama screaming 8O. The back end of the property is the mountain. The house truly sits almost on top of the bluff. The house most definately is just part of the landscape..but anyone that could afford this piece of land...is not interested in vinyl :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

jackd

Nominee Member
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal
I hope you won't start a maple syrup competition with Quebec. :)
We, in Quebec, produce nearly 95% of the total Canadian production and we sell t0 32 different countries around the globe.
Did you know Quebec ships bulk maple syrup to 12 states south of the border and to Mexico, in 42,000liters capacity bulk trucks.

jackd

Nominee Member
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal
We, in Quebec, produce nearly 95% of the total Canadian production and we sell t0 32 different countries around the globe.
Did you know Quebec ships bulk maple syrup to 12 states south of the border and to Mexico, in 42,000liters capacity bulk trucks.

jackd

Nominee Member
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
seeing how about 200 litres makes about 4 litres of syrup, my maples will take awhile. god, we might get about 1/2 a cup out of the ones out front. way too long for this dude, i think i'll just buy that great quebec stuff. :roll:

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
seeing how about 200 litres makes about 4 litres of syrup, my maples will take awhile. god, we might get about 1/2 a cup out of the ones out front. way too long for this dude, i think i'll just buy that great quebec stuff. :roll:

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
jackd said:

Right on! Québec ROCKS! :quebec: I'm actually from Las Vegas, but my fiancé lives in Québec :love5: I love Canadians! lol but yeah...I always have maple syrup stocked in my pantry! That's good stuff! As soon as I'm 18, I'm moving to Québec with my little sister who is in love with my fiancés cousin! but she's not really my little sister; she's just a REALLY close friend! :toothy10:

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
jackd said:

Right on! Québec ROCKS! :quebec: I'm actually from Las Vegas, but my fiancé lives in Québec :love5: I love Canadians! lol but yeah...I always have maple syrup stocked in my pantry! That's good stuff! As soon as I'm 18, I'm moving to Québec with my little sister who is in love with my fiancés cousin! but she's not really my little sister; she's just a REALLY close friend! :toothy10:

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
jackd said: