Ban American Gophers Now!

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
Breaking News...

Straight from the PMO. Effective June 9 2003.

Canada is banning all imports of the common gopher for fear of spreading the monkeypox.

Some believe this is being done strictly in retaliation for the American ban on Canadian beef.

The Canadian Alliance spoke at great length in the House today about this measure. Every CA MP suggested we back down or we may anger and annoy our powerful neighbor. This was followed by a chorus of banging as the CA members hammered on their desks with their kneepads.

The Bloq said "ah".

The NDP wanted the PMO to add frog legs and monkey meat to the act but the Bloc would have none of it. They settled on calling Chretien an idiot and Bush a clown.

The PC party in all of this was heard snooring in the back corner.

Many Canadians voiced their displeasure with the thought of increased costs for their gopher bbq plans. Though - environmentalists were obviously completely behind the move. More lobbying is to continue.

American gopher exporters are looking to sue under NAFTA. Government lawyers are already looking like they may give in.

:D

Damn you Canada! How will America press on without its gopher exports?!?!!

Oh!!! We'll get you next time Canada! Neeeeeeeext time!!!

Hehehe...sadly, it's tuesday and it took me about a minute to realise that no one would want to import gophers...but in that 60 seconds I sure did think Canadians were wierd. :D
W-K

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
czardogs said:
Anonymous said:
has thiz gotza be a j0ke?

Yes it is a joke. I write serious crap all day long - just wanted to lift some spirits and bring a smile or two. :D

It brought me a smile :D

and so did the original prarie dog thing rofl