Australia or New Zealand?

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Where should I go?

I have 3 weeks this coming summer to spend down in Australasia.

I have a choice and I want an opinion.

3 weeks either entirely in Australia or 3 weeks in New Zealand with a stop in Fiji or Tahiti.

Both sound great, but I'm leaning toward Australia.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Australia or New Zeal

If it were me I'd have to do both, I think. Too hard to choose. Though I do have friends in the Melbourne suburbs who definitely want my fiance and me to visit them, and so at least half the vacation would likely be spent in Australia.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
I know we haven't agree in the past about things....... :roll: .

I'd pick New Zealand, ....with a stop in Tahiti. Beautiful people and scenery.
I'm soooo jealous!!!

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
bhoour said:
I know we haven't agree in the past about things....... :roll: .

I'd pick New Zealand, ....with a stop in Tahiti. Beautiful people and scenery.
I'm soooo jealous!!!

Agree or disagree, what does it matter. The important thing is that we have the freedom to express our opinions without reprocausions.

My wife really likes the Tahiti idea. New Zealand looks great, but to me it looks a lot like Canada and the weather would be very winter like. Not sure if I want to leave the Canadian summer to battle snow on the south Island.

One advantage to New Zealand is that it is alot more compact. Australia is too big.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I hear Australia has really big spiders....

Laika

Electoral Member
Apr 22, 2005
Where The Wild Things Are
RE: Australia or New Zeal

It's not the spiders you have to worry about, it's the snakes! They have like 10 of the deadliest snakes in the world.

Other than that it's a lovely country with a great vibe and friendly people who are genuinely interested in Canada and Canadians. :) I think it's a beer lover thing.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Re: RE: Australia or New Zealand?

Jay said:
They are our sister nation.

I would say New Zealand is our sister nation. Canada/US is kinda like NZ/Australia. Similar dynamic except NZ has the benfit of having the Tasman sea separating itself from its closest and larger neighbour.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
DasFX said:
Where should I go?

I've decided Australia.

Going into Sydney, driving to Adelaide via Canberra and Melbourne. Flying to Alice Springs, with a day trip to Ayer's Rock then off to Darwin and Kakadu. Finally off to the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns and making my way down the Sunshine Coast of Queensland to Brisbane and then home. I think that is sufficient, yes?