Another ID from a same person in a forum...

starry

May 12, 2006
If such kind of ID has a special name? Such as forum vest,alias or something else? Thanks.

starry

May 12, 2006
Re: RE: Another ID from a same person in a forum...

dekhqonbacha said:
what's that?
It seems hard to explain:), for example,Kathy's original ID in this forum is "ABC", after several days she registered another one named "BCD" ,now "BCD" is her second ID in this forum.I was just curious if one person have more than one IDs in a forum, how to call these IDs other than the original one? Do such kind of IDs have a special name?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The intent is you have one user name in this forum.

I do believe it is against the rules to have more than one.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
On past sites Ive administrated on I allowed other Admin and mods to have a second ID so they didnt feel "on duty" at all times. Also "play" ID's were allowed like "GuestWithAnAttitude" something like that. It wasnt harmful and we all got a kick. In special circumstances where someone felt attached I would allow a second name as long as I and my team knew who it was. It was a very large board over 5000 members so as long as people were civil it was imposible to tell if an ID was doubled by the same user.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un

starry said:
dekhqonbacha said:
what's that?
It seems hard to explain:), for example,Kathy's original ID in this forum is "ABC", after several days she registered another one named "BCD" ,now "BCD" is her second ID in this forum.I was just curious if one person have more than one IDs in a forum, how to call these IDs other than the original one? Do such kind of IDs have a special name?
surprisingly, I didn't know that anyone has more that one ID. If you don't have a tool you don't need to name it.

If no one has more that one ID, why should we seek one more word for something that does not exist.

starry

May 12, 2006

Jay said:
The intent is you have one user name in this forum.

I do believe it is against the rules to have more than one.

No,I don't have any intention to do this, I just asked a question and wanted to know how to call such kind of IDs in English, cause in other language they are definitely have a uniform name like alias ,forum vest, mask and carapace.

starry

May 12, 2006

dekhqonbacha said:
starry said:
dekhqonbacha said:
what's that?
surprisingly, I didn't know that anyone has more that one ID. If you don't have a tool you don't need to name it.

If no one has more that one ID, why should we seek one more word for something that does not exist.

I see,maybe it doesn't exist in English, just like you said,nobody will register more than one IDs in English forum.

Dunwithit

May 26, 2006
In most forums I post on they are called alters. The ones that do this to stir up trouble are called trolls.