Alec Baldwin fired shot that killed one, wounded another on film set

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Quick story: Way way back, a long long time ago, when I was training recruits in the art of grenade throwing, one of my recruits tossed a dud. We went through the normal wait procedure, and then I, being the range safety NCO, had to assess and disarm. In front of the entire troop, I moved very slowly out onto the range and to the grenade. When I got close enough, I saw that the safety clip had not been removed when the pin was pulled, so the spoon had not ejected. I looked around, took a deep breath, and snatched it up. I walked back to the bunker, put a pin back in it, gave it to another instructor, and went outside the bunker for a smoke to be alone for a few minutes. I could hear the recruits talking about me. "What balls. Hard fucking core. Nerves of fucking steel. Fearless!" I could barely light the cigarette, my whole body was shaking.

As the Armourer, she is ultimately responsible. That was her leadership role.
But Baldwin should never have pointed an unchecked gun at anybody. You never let anyone, including the control, tell you a weapon is safe; once you hold it, you're the one responsible for its safe handling. Baldwin was the classic moron in this.

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
They can edit in whole characters in CGI. Certainly they can edit in a sound of a gun.
I actually saw (either W5 or another program like it) where a man who lives in Quebec actually does exactly that for Hollywood. He has manufactured all kinds of items to make the sounds required in movies. I was quite impressed by the genius of the guy & what sounds he was able to make with various objects. I also didn't realize that many sounds are added after the movie has been completed - like the sound of fist fights as an example. It's pretty cool!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I actually saw (either W5 or another program like it) where a man who lives in Quebec actually does exactly that for Hollywood. He has manufactured all kinds of items to make the sounds required in movies. I was quite impressed by the genius of the guy & what sounds he was able to make with various objects. I also didn't realize that many sounds are added after the movie has been completed - like the sound of fist fights as an example. It's pretty cool!
Up until just a few years ago audio was 100% done after filming.