2020 iihf world hockey

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I don't know if I am going to live through this game.......this is one for the history books.
4 on 4 with :44 seconds left on a Russian PP and 1:25 left in the game.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
5 on 3 Canada with :37 seconds left on the clock.........the Russians just completely blew it drawing two penalties.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Simply an outstanding Gold Medal game. I give full credit to the Russian team up until they lost their tempers. They played excellent hockey and helped to make this a really exciting experience. Russia led the game for 38 minutes. Canada didn't make it out of the single digits until it really counted............and they kept their cool.

Thank you Team Canada for an outstanding effort and a well-deserved Gold Medal. Canada is now the holder of 18 IIHF Gold Medals - more than any other team in the tournament. Well done all.

Over 3000 Canadian fans joined every member of our Canadian team in a resounding rendition of O Canada. It was so cool.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
I can never watch these gold medal games, it's just too nerve-racking. I often go to another room in the house to watch a movie or to read and just wait to hear my hubby say YEAH! OR F***! and from that I know the score.

Thrilled for the gold, the boys did Canada proud.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I can never watch these gold medal games, it's just too nerve-racking. I often go to another room in the house to watch a movie or to read and just wait to hear my hubby say YEAH! OR F***! and from that I know the score.

Thrilled for the gold, the boys did Canada proud.
Nerve-racking for sure, Mockingbird and really hard on the old heart. I was so excited I was actually shaking. I tend to listen more than watch and try to do a few chores that keep me within hearing distance but not glued to the set. Then I watch the game again later in the evening to see the plays I missed without all the heart-pounding ups and downs. I did manage to sit down and watch the final 3 minutes which had enough drama to make it a classic.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Maybe Trump will invite Akil to the White House for a Big Mac.
The game was so good, I watched it twice!
I doubt Trump is even aware of the IIHF, NZ. I watched it twice too because there were times when it was live that I was so nervous I just listened. :roll: It was even better the second time around. :smile: