1918 killer flu virus to be tested in UW lab

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
1918 killer flu virus to be tested in UW lab -- Study needed to head off next epidemic, scientists say

University of Washington scientists plan to infect monkeys with a killer flu virus grown from tissue exhumed from victims of the 1918 epidemic.They hope the insight they gain will unravel the mystery of why tens of millions of people worldwide died from the virulent flu strain and lead to development of better vaccines and drugs that may save lives in the future.

"This was the most deadly infectious disease in the history of mankind, killing at least 40 million people," said Dr. Michael Katze, a UW microbiologist and principal investigator for the local arm of the project.

"To this day, nobody understands why the virus was so deadly."
Most experts believe another killer flu pandemic is overdue, Katze said, so it's critical to gain information about the disease.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/191418_flu18.html

I have a small section on this subject, biowarfare and such.

Ethnic bombs - the South African government (past) (which weoponized West Nile - Project Coast) was working on a pathogen to target black persons. The Israeli government has been looking for something to target Arabs. (I think the ultimate irony was they found they were too genetically similar - much to their chagrin).

The U.S. is researching aerosol based vaccines - nothing I am keen about. The U.S. has previously conducted biological experiments on U.S. cities (old news). Our they doing this now?

Could these weather modification experiments "Owning the Weather in 2025" enhance the technology for delivering viruses etc...

National Security Study Memorandum 200 (NSSM 200) - April 1974

"...World population growth is widely recognized within the Government as a current danger of the highest magnitude calling for urgent measures." I am not saying yes or no but the AIDS question is open to legitimate debate.

I speak of Peak Oil often but it is only the sympton - over-population (as with all previous societies) is the issue - too many people chasing too few limited resources. History repeats.

Disease has certainly helped cull the population at times in our history. Nature inherently understands the dynamics. "We cannot fool Mother Nature."

Does USAMRIID or Porter Down have something up their sleave to help Grandma?

homer

Sep 18, 2004
Middle Musquodoboit, NS
This stuff scares the hell out of me. I have read also that we overdue for another killer flu. If I recall correctly, they say it will start in Asia probably be passed to humans from some type of bird. Sounds like something from a movie not real life.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I did a large project about killer viruses, including the killer flu of 1918, and it is just scary. It is thought that the virus came from China (Guangdong), and that three Chinese soldiers who were recruited during WW I brought it to Europe. The 1918 flu was in its way special that it was a mix of a certain type of bird-influenza and human-influenza, and in such a total way, that the human defence system could not detect it, which caused the virus to spread in such a way that it was in many cases, lethal.

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com
What scares me is that they are going to play with it! Are "they" going to live in a contained envirnonment for the whole research study, or go home after work each day!?

They don't know what it is, or how it works, but they are going to physically research it. I hope we are all around so that a movie can be made out of it a few years from now.

Many years ago, I worked as a medical research lab technician, in Microbiology and Immunology, at the UofO, during the Hong Kong flu epidemic. Yep, we worked with the HK flu bug, doing research. Everyone, but 3 of us (I was one of the lucky 3), got the flu. So much for a "controlled environment".

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
This frightens me, too!

I can't believe countries use these type of things as weapons.

Add to the fact that, yes, oil usage is up and supply is down... the world population is growing too fast and the earth would not be able to sustain our current rate of growth.

So I think it's a question of when biological weapons will be used, whether secretly or not, to target high population areas and especially "undesirable" by the US or Israeli governments.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Why would the US or Israel be more of a threat on this part than say Russia, Pakistan or Saudi Arabia? Do you imply that both the US and Israel are more willing to target innocent civilians with biological warfare than other nations?

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Russia has had an extensive bio-weapons program.

Dr. Ken Alibek, worked at Biopreparat, the Soviet germ-warfare laboratory. Alibekov defected to the United States in 1992, changed his name. His life begun anew, Alibek now spends his days trying to undo the horrors he spent the first part of his scientific career creating.

In the 1970s and 1980s, Pasechnik (who has a connection to recently murdered elite microbiologist and UN weapons inspector David Kelly) and Alibekov were the top two scientists at Biopreparat, but they were hardly the only scientists there.

According to U.S. Senator Sam Nunn, at its height Biopreparat employed as many as 70,000 scientists and technicians -- many of whom worked solely on creating biological weapons of mass destruction.

As well, a top North Korean scientist, working on a race-based bomb, vanished last year. Questions ponder, was he taken by Western intelligence operatives or did the Chinese nab him?

"The news has already sent a shock wave through the closed world of microbiology used for covert purposes. Ri Chae Woo and his researchers were working on a genetic bomb that would be deadly accurate in its targeting.

A secret report, prepared for Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz by a team of geneticists, states: “Consider what could happen with a virus or bacteria that only infected a certain type of person. Consider the political leverage a nation would have if it could credibly threaten the extinction of all people worldwide of a certain color. Targeting specific genotypes could transform bio warfare.”

At Britain’s Porton Down and at Fort Dettrick, Maryland, the details are being urgently studied. “A whites-only ethnic bomb in the hands of bin-Laden or a rogue state like North Korea or Iran could have a dramatic effect on the current balance of power,” said a microbiologist at Fort Dettrick."

This is from a July news report: Nigerian Muslim state end ban on vaccines

"The governor of a heavily Muslim state in Nigeria revoked a 11-month ban on polio vaccinations Monday, stressing he was "satisfied" the U.N.-regulated vaccines were safe despite persistent rumours they are part of an American plot to make girls infertile."

The HIV=AIDS question deserves debate. Here we have another myth of the establishment which the public eats up hook, line and sinker. Does HIV really exist?

"If there is evidence that HIV causes AIDS, there should be scientific documents which either singly or collectively demonstrate that fact, at least with a high probability. There is no such document."

Dr. Kary Mullis, Biochemist, 1993 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

"Up to today there is actually no single scientifically really convincing evidence for the existence of HIV. Not even once such a retrovirus has been isolated and purified by the methods of classical virology."

Dr. Heinz Ludwig Sänger, Emeritus Professor of Molecular Biology and Virology, Max-Planck-Institutes for Biochemy, München.

As with evolution, establishment scientists resist any debate that questions their comfortable paradigm. Even governments Western governments stifle any dissenting opinion among scientists. African countries with an opposing opinion are forced to come onside to recieve Western co-operation on other matters.

Was this "HIV/AIDS" one of the first bio-weapons as some profess?

There is an interesting trail of paper underneath the mainstream view...

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Indeed.

The population issue is front and centre within the darker elements of the intelligence community. This is fact. They have plans.

"many must die so few may live"