Roe v. Wade overturned?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well yah if you use the largest state but every thing is bigger in Texas .
And for comparison sake , it is approx. 2100 KMs from the Peace Arch Border to the Yukon border .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Crows are awkward fliers. Crows will make the trip but ravens, not so much. Must be the leg feathers?
Well they also get a lot more public attention. I spoke to one who said he just stopped for a break on a long trip and some jerk poet starts writing down everything he said. Just too creepy. Who does that?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If you enter Texas at Texarkana, go down I-40 to Dallas, and pick up I-20 out to El Paso, it's 1025 miles (1640 km) in Texas.
I feel ya’ & have empathy. This isn’t corner to corner either (that would be from Uranium City in the NW, and there is a nice road there but there’s no reason to go there anymore so hard to map it out…).
1660614081151.jpeg

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I feel ya’ & have empathy. This isn’t corner to corner either (that would be from Uranium City in the NW, and there is a nice road there but there’s no reason to go there anymore so hard to map it out…).
View attachment 15195

Well I know that from my end of NB to the Quebec border is 5ish hours alone and sure, some states are small in the US, but ND? SD? Nebraska? A lot of the central states are hours long east to west. So if someone is in one state that is not abortion friendly but the closest is three states away (thinking southern states) it'll be impossible for someone of low income to go unless they did have a way to travel somehow. Those are the people I feel sorry for the most, to be honest.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
it'll be impossible for someone of low income to go unless they did have a way to travel somehow. Those are the people I feel sorry for the most, to be honest.
Well, if it's a concern then start a group to raise money for those who have to make that kind of trip and can't afford it. Shouldn't be too hard to raise cash on a go fund me, get a bunch of volunteers or the like as drivers, should be pretty easy to put together. I suspect 5 hours would be the exception not the rule by far, and it helps make the argument to the politicians that they'd be better off with a reasonable policy and access at home. No need to feel sorry at all. You could name it the 'reproductive railroad' ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well, if it's a concern then start a group to raise money for those who have to make that kind of trip and can't afford it. Shouldn't be too hard to raise cash on a go fund me, get a bunch of volunteers or the like as drivers, should be pretty easy to put together. I suspect 5 hours would be the exception not the rule by far, and it helps make the argument to the politicians that they'd be better off with a reasonable policy and access at home. No need to feel sorry at all. You could name it the 'reproductive railroad' ;)
In eastern B.C. They have angel flights where pilots volunteer to fly people to there medical appointments .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
In eastern B.C. They have angel flights where pilots volunteer to fly people to there medical appointments .
Exactly. There will always be like minded people who have sympathy and who are willing to donate time and or money to help people and there you go. The hardest part would be making sure it's only people who really needed it that got the help, but that's not all that hard. If you did it in one state you can bet any other state that does a serious ban will have people willing to set it up there.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Not to be a trend watcher or ignorant been counter, ---

If abortions are outlawed, if Kevorkian was a sample, I think that trends indicate that we will create a need for a, ---Travelling Doctor ,--- type of individual that will visit his patients at their home.

The conservative right wing will just have to see that as just another lose that they have inflicted on themselves.

Regards
DL

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Not to be a trend watcher or ignorant been counter, ---

If abortions are outlawed, if Kevorkian was a sample, I think that trends indicate that we will create a need for a, ---Travelling Doctor ,--- type of individual that will visit his patients at their home.

The conservative right wing will just have to see that as just another lose that they have inflicted on themselves.

Regards
DL
Well they'd go to jail. If the state passes a law outlawing something and the courts have said they have the authority to do so then any 'back alley' style efforts would be criminal. Kevorkian went to jail and his case was more grey.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well they'd go to jail. If the state passes a law outlawing something and the courts have said they have the authority to do so then any 'back alley' style efforts would be criminal. Kevorkian went to jail and his case was more grey.
Too much stuff in play. More than half of all abortions in the U.S. are by drugs, not surgery. It'll have to shake out which states will ban the drugs, and how the Federal government (which has authority over the postal system) rules on mailing the drugs into banning states.

Further, unless the people with WAAAY too much interest in what's going on in other folks' pants get their way and pass a national ban, abortion'll never be more'n a few states away. If you can afford a visit from a travelling abortionist, you can afford a bus ticket from Houston to Las Cruces, New Mexico. Or Ciudad Acuna, Old Mexico.

The only real effect these bans will have (besides letting the self-righteous get all puffed up) will be to ensure that those who are least able to care for a child will be the most likely to have them.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Too much stuff in play. More than half of all abortions in the U.S. are by drugs, not surgery. It'll have to shake out which states will ban the drugs, and how the Federal government (which has authority over the postal system) rules on mailing the drugs into banning states.

Further, unless the people with WAAAY too much interest in what's going on in other folks' pants get their way and pass a national ban, abortion'll never be more'n a few states away. If you can afford a visit from a travelling abortionist, you can afford a bus ticket from Houston to Las Cruces, New Mexico. Or Ciudad Acuna, Old Mexico.

The only real effect these bans will have (besides letting the self-righteous get all puffed up) will be to ensure that those who are least able to care for a child will be the most likely to have them.
Well the 'few states away' thing has been my previous argument as well. So far it only looks like one or two might go full ban, we'll see.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Good points.

The price of the safety of the patient and doctor just went up.

Such is the case with all black market products.

Fear not. Providers of abortion or anti-abortion chemistry will insure that people pay more for the services that the right wing conservatives forced onto a more moral system.

In many regions, whites will be hit a lot harder than other colors, thanks to white laws.

Regards
DL