Judge Denies Bail for Convoy Leader over Intention to Cause Harm

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
She is one stupid bitch that one.
No, she's a BRAVE person who stands up for what she believes in and simply organized a convoy so that others with similar beliefs could protest as well - which BTW is perfectly LEGAL in Canada. We have a PM who is an extremist & vindictive who insists that the truckers were racist, bigots etc. which was (and is) a lie. She deserves the Freedom award. For all those who insist she's a bitch, she at least has integrity which is vastly missing from this conversation.

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yes she is so stupid at least 40% of Canadians agree with her ,consideraby more than voted for the boy blunder . The funny thing is half of them are NDP supporters and Jagmeet shit all over them . How about you ?
I would venture it's more than 40% but will take it.

Reactions: taxslave

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Re-election challenge looms for Freedom Convoy-backing Ontario mayor
Warwick Mayor Jackie Rombouts took fire this winter after she addressed the convoy

Author of the article:Tyler Kula • Sarnia Observer
Publishing date:May 19, 2022 • 19 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

SARNIA – A former Warwick Township mayor will vie for the job this fall against the often-controversial incumbent who was criticized earlier this year for not getting tough on Highway 402 vaccine-mandate protesters.

After a break from municipal politics, Todd Case said he realized he wanted to be mayor again.

“I took a break for 3 1/2 years and I realized I really missed the job,” said the former five-term mayor, who stepped aside in 2018 to spend more time with family and allow for a change at the helm in the eastern Lambton County township of about 3,600 residents.

“I needed that break and enjoyed the break, but . . . I’ve realized I really missed it,” said the 57-year-old married father of two and grandfather of five.

Case said he’s running on his experience, which includes three terms as Lambton County warden and 18 years as mayor, and his ability to build relationships with senior levels of government “to make sure we in rural Ontario get a piece of the pie when it comes to opportunities for financial incentives for our community and so on.”

Case and incumbent Warwick Mayor Jackie Rombouts both officially had filed their nomination papers as of Wednesday. The deadline for others to enter is late August; the election is Oct. 24.

“We have great momentum happening in Warwick Township,” said Rombouts, 46, who first served as a councillor in 2014 before winning a close race for mayor four years ago.

“We’re seeing all kinds of expansions and development happening, and I want to continue moving forward with that,” the married mother of four and organic farmer said about her decision to run for re-election.

Rombouts took fire this winter after she addressed the so-called freedom convoy that paralyzed downtown Ottawa for weeks. She was also criticized for refusing to disavow a smaller, similar protest that shut down the westbound lanes of Hwy. 402, essentially the economic heart of their community, for several days.

Both Case and Rombouts declined to specify how they differ from one another as candidates for the township’s top political job.

“I’m going to run on my record . . . my experience,” Case said.

Rombouts, who promised to “run a very clean campaign,” said her intent during the election campaign was to “stay positive and just focus on what myself and this term of council has accomplished.”

Both Rombouts and Case did identify a proposed Twin Creeks landfill expansion, which already has prompted an environmental assessment, as a key issue for the township.

No nominees for Warwick Township council had filed their papers as of Wednesday.

tkula@postmedia.com

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea

stupid is as stupid does

Ottawa convoy organizer Tamara Lich arrested in Alberta for alleged breach of bail conditions​

Ottawa convoy organizer Tamara Lich has been arrested in Alberta for allegedly breaching her bail conditions.
One of the organizers of the so-called Freedom Convoy has been arrested in Alberta for alleged breach of bail conditions, CTV News has learned.
Tamara Lich was arrested Monday by local police in Medicine Hat, Alta. She could be held in Alberta for up to six days before being brought back to Ottawa.

When Lich returns to Ottawa, she is expected to face a new charge of breach of recognisance under the Criminal Code of Canada. Lich could remain in jail in Ottawa until a new bail hearing would be scheduled on the new charge.

Lich was a key organizer of the convoy which occupied downtown Ottawa for weeks. On Feb. 17, Lich was arrested following the government’s invoking of the Emergencies Act to end to the occupation. Lich and fellow protest organizer Chris Barber are jointly accused of mischief, obstructing police, counselling others to commit mischief and intimidation.

She was released on bail in March with a long list of bail conditions, including staying off of social media, not supporting anything related to the Freedom Convoy and not communicating or contacting many of the individuals linked with the Freedom Convoy.

One of those individuals, convoy spokesperson Tom Marazzo, was photographed beside Lich on June 16 in Toronto at an event run by the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

Lich was at that dinner to accept the Freedom Award given out by the JCCF.
This comes after Crown prosecutors flagged the award ceremony as a potential breach of bail conditions back in mid-May, when Lich first agreed to participate in the June event.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

stupid is as stupid does

Ottawa convoy organizer Tamara Lich arrested in Alberta for alleged breach of bail conditions​

Ottawa convoy organizer Tamara Lich has been arrested in Alberta for allegedly breaching her bail conditions.
One of the organizers of the so-called Freedom Convoy has been arrested in Alberta for alleged breach of bail conditions, CTV News has learned.
Tamara Lich was arrested Monday by local police in Medicine Hat, Alta. She could be held in Alberta for up to six days before being brought back to Ottawa.

When Lich returns to Ottawa, she is expected to face a new charge of breach of recognisance under the Criminal Code of Canada. Lich could remain in jail in Ottawa until a new bail hearing would be scheduled on the new charge.

Lich was a key organizer of the convoy which occupied downtown Ottawa for weeks. On Feb. 17, Lich was arrested following the government’s invoking of the Emergencies Act to end to the occupation. Lich and fellow protest organizer Chris Barber are jointly accused of mischief, obstructing police, counselling others to commit mischief and intimidation.

She was released on bail in March with a long list of bail conditions, including staying off of social media, not supporting anything related to the Freedom Convoy and not communicating or contacting many of the individuals linked with the Freedom Convoy.

One of those individuals, convoy spokesperson Tom Marazzo, was photographed beside Lich on June 16 in Toronto at an event run by the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

Lich was at that dinner to accept the Freedom Award given out by the JCCF.
This comes after Crown prosecutors flagged the award ceremony as a potential breach of bail conditions back in mid-May, when Lich first agreed to participate in the June event.
Yup let’s send the courts after political enemies , you will comply . Is that the world you want to live in ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Gotta love the sexism and systemic racism coming from this govt.
Sadly, most folk only love it when it's coming from the party they prefer.

I agree with you on True Dope's outrageous actions. But if you don't apply exactly the same standards to a protest you disagree with, you're just a partisan without principles.

You know this. I'm just reminding you.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Tamara Lich arrested in Medicine Hat​

website-lich2-800x420.jpg

I heard that it was because she was trying to plan a Canada Day blockade.. sucks to be her.. I am growing tired of this Bitch. She's giving truckers a bad name.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Tamara Lich arrested in Medicine Hat​

View attachment 14409

I heard that it was because she was trying to plan a Canada Day blockade.. sucks to be her.. I am growing tired of this Bitch. She's giving truckers a bad name.
tamara bitch. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer