Trudeau thinks anyone earning $40,000/year is rich

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And do away with the time honoured system of envelopes full of cash and executive jobs for an important person's teenaged offspring?
For stuff like the jobs, I'd require disclosure, but not a ban. Even the useless get of politicians gotta do something. Army sounds about right. Or work in a hospital. As an orderly. Or go to college until you're 45.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It all makes sense once you understand that the Canada-hating, Quebec nationalist PM is trying to destroy Canada as a country.
I know, man. We got the same problem. Our America-hating, Delaware nationalist President is trying to destroy the U.S. as a country. All for the glory of the Empire of Delaware.

I HATE those Dellie scum!

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I know, man. We got the same problem. Our America-hating, Delaware nationalist President is trying to destroy the U.S. as a country. All for the glory of the Empire of Delaware.

I HATE those Dellie scum!
I know you're being facetious but I'm being serious. Trudeau: " Canada belongs to Quebec". Trudeau: " Canada works better when Quebecers are in charge". Quebec pays a carbon tax that is 50% lower than everyone else. Quebec is allowed to have a fossil fuel industry, Alberta is not. He's staying out of Quebec's move to nationalism stating that "it's up to the people of Quebec to decide" after spending 6 years screaming and crying about the "existential threat" of right-wing extremists.
He has a history of anti-Canada sentiment from long before he become PM. He's just another asshole who thinks everyone's past matters, except his own.
And to top it off, his new Minister of the Environment and climate change is an environmental extremist with a criminal record, who is from Quebec and has sworn to kill off Alberta's oil industry (while keeping Quebec's refining industry nicely intact.)

This is a man who insisted that Canada has no core culture or core identity while insisting that Quebec does. Last time I checked Quebec was still attached to Canada's hip.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I know you're being facetious but I'm being serious. Trudeau: " Canada belongs to Quebec". Trudeau: " Canada works better when Quebecers are in charge". Quebec pays a carbon tax that is 50% lower than everyone else. Quebec is allowed to have a fossil fuel industry, Alberta is not. He's staying out of Quebec's move to nationalism stating that "it's up to the people of Quebec to decide" after spending 6 years screaming and crying about the "existential threat" of right-wing extremists.
He has a history of anti-Canada sentiment from long before he become PM. He's just another asshole who thinks everyone's past matters, except his own.
And to top it off, his new Minister of the Environment and climate change is an environmental extremist with a criminal record, who is from Quebec and has sworn to kill off Alberta's oil industry (while keeping Quebec's refining industry nicely intact.)

This is a man who insisted that Canada has no core culture or core identity while insisting that Quebec does. Last time I checked Quebec was still attached to Canada's hip.
I agree with you, my jocularity notwithstanding. Treating Quebec and its people any different from any other province is an absolute, law-of-gravity guarantee of problems. There will NECESSARILY be differences in treatment, that's what "differential treatment" MEANS.

If you want me to say something nice about True Dope, except maybe "nice hair," you're gonna wait a while.

Seriously, do the Tories or anybody else have a serious policy or plan to eliminate differential treatment for Quebec?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I agree with you, my jocularity notwithstanding. Treating Quebec and its people any different from any other province is an absolute, law-of-gravity guarantee of problems. There will NECESSARILY be differences in treatment, that's what "differential treatment" MEANS.

If you want me to say something nice about True Dope, except maybe "nice hair," you're gonna wait a while.

Seriously, do the Tories or anybody else have a serious policy or plan to eliminate differential treatment for Quebec?
No.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

They do, but anytime it is mentioned the frenchies get all in an uproar. And our electoral system was set up by OntarioWE and Quebec for Ontariowe and Quebec.
#1 problem as I see it is promoting multiculti. How can you have a Canadian identity when everyone is encouraged to bring their baggage with them?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
They do, but anytime it is mentioned the frenchies get all in an uproar. And our electoral system was set up by OntarioWE and Quebec for Ontariowe and Quebec.
#1 problem as I see it is promoting multiculti. How can you have a Canadian identity when everyone is encouraged to bring their baggage with them?
Being somebody who lives in a "melting pot" country, I can promise you "multiculturalism" will take care of itself. Best to just leave it alone.

OK, I don't mean to be harsh,* but sometimes it seems like y'all deliberately set up your own problems.

*And BELIEVE me, I'm not claiming we're perfect, or even better.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Being somebody who lives in a "melting pot" country, I can promise you "multiculturalism" will take care of itself. Best to just leave it alone.

OK, I don't mean to be harsh,* but sometimes it seems like y'all deliberately set up your own problems.

*And BELIEVE me, I'm not claiming we're perfect, or even better.
You are pretty much right there . Our multiculturalism is the result of Pierre Trudeau and served multiple purposes for his Liberal government . They were as always looking for ways to increase our trading base worldwide hence shifting to the metric system was seen as being trade friendly , maintaining ones cultural identity was seen as favorable to ethnic communities , which were still mostly European at the time . It also allowed him to push through the Official Languages Act which basically allows Quebec control of our civil service .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You are pretty much right there . Our multiculturalism is the result of Pierre Trudeau and served multiple purposes for his Liberal government . They were as always looking for ways to increase our trading base worldwide hence shifting to the metric system was seen as being trade friendly , maintaining ones cultural identity was seen as favorable to ethnic communities , which were still mostly European at the time . It also allowed him to push through the Official Languages Act which basically allows Quebec control of our civil service .
Yeah, I heard only about 12% of Canadians are bilingual.

And almost all of 'em are Quebecois.

"Maintaining one's cultural identity." I like it! Sounds so much more. . . educated than "ghettoizing."

Nothing good happens in the ghetto, or the barrio, or the rez.