Ontario issues stay-at-home order except for essentials

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It seems like everyone, including the conspiracy theorists have ulterior motives for stirring the conspiracy pot!
So everything you read on the internet has to be taken with a truck load of salt, and anything you believe might eventually end up as "BULLSHYTE
Just keep channeling the ghost of epstien
;)
he lived forever!

because you are too cow herdly to watch it right from the horses mouth, that makes it go away?
:)
wow, you are truly pathetic elmo.

It might explain why no one with a brain believes you though!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And you really think people believe your dingbat conspiracies in this forum?
You're crazier than than I thought!
Most people read your posts and just roll their eyes.
You're lucky I even acknowledge that you're here.
Let's see what happens if I don't respond anymore:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: taxslave

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

there's no nuts...^​

and people who who have a clue...

Republicans propose bill to fire Fauci amid growing discontent with top Biden medical officials​

Tyler Olson
Wed, May 12, 2021, 9:08 AM·4 min read

As discontent with top Biden health officials among many in and out of the GOP grows, a group of House Republicans will introduce a bill Wednesday to effectively fire top U.S. epidemiologist Anthony Fauci.

Rep. Warren Davidson, R-Ohio, is behind the bill officially titled the Fauci's Incompetence Requires Early Dismissal (FIRED) Act. Fox News first obtained the bill ahead of its introduction Wednesday. Its co-sponsors include Reps. Chip Roy, R-Texas, Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., and Ralph Norman, R-S.C.

"Few people have earned their termination more visibly," Davidson said in a statement to Fox News. "His excessively long tenure is emblematic of Eisenhower's farewell address caution against scientific-technical elite steering the country for their own ends -- at odds with truth and the national interest."

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, one of the most moderate Republicans in Congress, tore into CDC Director Rochelle Walensky on Tuesday during a hearing, saying that she's lost respect for the agency.

"I used to have the utmost respect for the guidance from the CDC. I always considered the CDC to be the gold standard. I don’t anymore," Collins said. "The conflicting, confusing guidance from your agency has undermined public confidence and contradicts the scientific guidance of many experts.

I guess I'll just let them em bare ass sleeperz
:)
got the gates pedo goo in ya now eh?

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Tucker Carlson brings Fauci’s CONNECTION to COVID into mainstream news [Video]​

Dr Fauci’s role in CREATING SARS-CoV-2 was revealed on Next News Network a year ago.​

Dr. Anthony Fauci is propped up as the national “Expert” on all things coronavirus. It seems that he would indeed be the expert.

After all, he helped create it.

Let that sink in a bit. Dr Fauci, the “mask until Eternity” guy is in a perpetual and highly paid game of “Cover My A**”.

Apocryphal information? Tinfoil hattery here? Not so much. Most of my readers on The Duran may remember this piece from about one year ago, where Next News Network, a YouTube channel dedicated to real conservative news, featured an extensive interview with Dr. Rashid Buttar, who detailed, very specifically, Dr. Anthony Fauci’s ties to the very creation of SARS-CoV-2 itself. We present that video below:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

FAUCI STRUGGLES TO EXPLAIN HOW US DOLLARS ENDED UP FUNDING WUHAN LAB RESEARCH​

A famous scientist from the Wuhan Lab published a peer reviewed journal a few years ago saying they were doing ‘gain of function’ research and listed Dr. Fauci as a sponsor of her research. So Fauci blatantly lied today.

huh, waddyah noe: CONGRESSMAN RAND PAUL on the ol' MSM news.
;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LEVY: Are travellers being punished for leaving Canada?
Author of the article:Sue-Ann Levy
Publishing date:May 12, 2021 • 5 minutes ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation
Sandy and Raveen Garber
Sandy and Raveen Garber PHOTO BY SUPPLIED PHOTO /Toronto Sun
Article content
Sandy and Richard Garber stepped off a plane from Mexico on May 1 to face $10,170 in fines.

Sandy told me Wednesday that they wouldn’t go to a COVID hotel because she has to undergo special therapy at home and all the equipment was there.

She said they were surrounded by border security and police officers, who detained the couple for more than an hour.

At the end of their encounter, she said, they got $3,700 fines each — and when they refused the COVID test because they’d had one 60 hours before, each was hit with another $1,600 fine.

Garber added that, given her medical issues, she was also concerned about going to a quarantine hotel, where there have been COVID outbreaks.

“We’re going to fight this in court,” she said. “It’s a violation of our rights.”

She added that she felt like a “criminal.”

Garber said she feels the quarantine program is a “farce” because it’s not enforced well.

She said they call you every two or three days on your cellphone, but there’s little surveillance.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“They’re spending so much money on manpower at the airport and on the PCR test,” she said, noting their quarantine is up Friday. “The money the government is wasting … put the money into the health-care system.”

No kidding. And for what?

Lockdown measures don’t work and the hotel quarantine program is a complete mess — one which gives border security guards incredible power to pick and choose who gets fined and how much.

Garber is correct when she says travellers are just being “punished” for daring not to follow the edicts of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who has turned the simple act of getting Canadians vaccinated in a timely manner into an unmitigated disaster.

The quarantine is a contradiction in terms for those of us who are completely vaccinated — like my wife Denise and me.

We arrived back in Canada on Tuesday after I’d driven with her and our three doxies over three days from Florida.

Days before, I registered with the ArriveCAN app, indicating we’d be getting our COVID PCR tests en route.

The questions did not ask whether we’d been vaccinated.

It seems the government that preaches non-stop in TV ads to get vaccinated does not want to know if those vaccines are readily available outside Canada.

We both, in fact, were able to receive the required double doses of the Moderna vaccine while I was down to close the sale of my parents’ Florida home and move everything out. I even have a vaccine card, akin to a passport, to prove it.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
We got our PCR tests — $139 each — at a CVS pharmacy in Charleston, S.C., on Sunday, and I was clutching the results when we arrived at the Peace Bridge border (which was like a ghost town except for a constant stream of trucks).

The nice border guard, who implied he was weary of all the lockdown measures, didn’t even ask to see those negative tests.

Instead, he gave us our four Switch Health At Home Collection Kits and sent us further along to a public health official.

The official spent considerable time kindly walking us through the test, contained in a glossy blue box — even though I knew they’d come back negative.

Now we’re in quarantine — like so many others who’ve returned to Canada fully vaccinated — waiting for the results of a Day 8 at-home COVID test.

Public health media officials — when reached for comment — have consistently indicated that this is “unprecedented action to protect the health and safety of Canadians” that will prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and new variants of the virus.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Travellers from an international flight are directed to the COVID-19 testing area as part of Canada's measures against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), at Toronto Pearson International Airport in Mississauga, February 24, 2021.
LEVY: Traveller warned to be polite to border guard or pay higher fine
A passenger is pictured at Pearson International Airport on Jan. 31, 2021.
LEVY: Switch Health leaves COVID test client on hold for 10 hours
Daniel Kerzner
LEVY: COVID hotel experience inefficient and unnecessary, says travel exec

“The testing requirements for international travellers, in combination with other measures including a 14-day quarantine, are necessary to protect people in Canada,” public health officials said.

They’ve also made it clear that being vaccinated doesn’t matter — that every traveller is treated the same.

SLevy@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LILLEY: A one-dose summer won't mean a return to normal
Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Publishing date:May 12, 2021 • 5 hours ago • 3 minute read • 69 Comments
Expect this summer to be similar in many ways to what we encountered last year. Pictured are riders leaving a streetcar on Spadina Ave., at Queen St., on July 20, 2020.
Expect this summer to be similar in many ways to what we encountered last year. Pictured are riders leaving a streetcar on Spadina Ave., at Queen St., on July 20, 2020. PHOTO BY ERNEST DOROSZUK, TORONTO SUN /Toronto Sun
Article content
It sounds good, as far as slogans go, but what does Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s latest attempt to brand his government’s COVID-19 response really mean?

On Tuesday, Trudeau said we could have a “one-dose summer” without really explaining what he meant by that.

Sadly, according to public health experts, it certainly doesn’t mean getting back to normal. What it likely means is playing beach volleyball while wearing a mask, if little else, and concerts where you keep your distance.

Still, on Tuesday, Trudeau made it sound optimistic.

“We all know, in some places, cases are really high. We can’t ease public health restrictions until cases are way down,” he said. “We all want to have a summer where we can see our loved ones and invite our friends over for barbecues.

“We can have a better summer, a one-dose summer.”

Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe mocked those words and said his province will push ahead to get two doses out to everyone who wants to be vaccinated to avoid a “Trudeau summer” in his province. Sadly, a Trudeau summer is what we might get.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
As we approach the Victoria Day long weekend, it’s far from clear whether restrictions are ready to be lifted in much of the country.

Alberta and Manitoba have just added a new round of restrictions, British Columbia isn’t ready to lift measures put into place last month, Nova Scotia is in a new lockdown, and Ontario is looking to extend its stay-at-home order.

“We’re just not ready yet to reopen. No one wants to start lifting restrictions too soon only to find the virus spreading again, and we have to go back into lockdown,” said Dr. Samantha Hill, president of the Ontario Medical Association.

And while Trudeau is talking of a one-dose summer, he’s also warning provinces not to lift restrictions too early. So what then is a one-dose summer?

Dr. Peter Juni is an epidemiologist at the University of Toronto and the scientific director of the science table advising the Ford government in Ontario. He is an advocate of opening up outdoor spaces as much as possible, noting they are 20 times safer than indoor environments.

“The challenge will be that we keep outdoor spaces really safe,” Juni said. That means if you aren’t from the same household, that you still keep two metres distance or continue wearing a mask outside.

“If they play beach volleyball, for example, they wear a mask,” Juni said.

Again, that is hardly a return to normal.

Summer in Canada is a time filled with festivals, concerts, sports and backyard barbecues. None of these things will be the same as what we remember of summers in the past.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
While Juni said he’s hopeful outdoor spaces can be used for large gatherings by July and August, it wouldn’t be the same.

“We cannot deviate from physical distancing between households as long as we don’t have fully vaccinated people,” Juni said.

Something about sitting two metres apart from anyone else at a music festival just doesn’t seem right, or economically feasible for the artist or venue.

Bottom line: A one-dose summer is looking a lot like last summer as opposed to any summer prior to 2020.

Expect public health restrictions to continue, expect that you still won’t see friends and extended family in quite the same way as usual.

To date myself, it will be as the early ’80s Bananarama hit goes, another cruel summer.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
BRAUN: No pay for COVID nurses during 14-day quarantine
Author of the article:Liz Braun
Publishing date:May 12, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation
Redeployed nurses Angela Bedard, left, and Andrea Blake tend to a patient suffering from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Humber River Hospital's Intensive Care Unit in Toronto on April 28, 2021.
Redeployed nurses Angela Bedard, left, and Andrea Blake tend to a patient suffering from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Humber River Hospital's Intensive Care Unit in Toronto on April 28, 2021. PHOTO BY COLE BURSTON / AFP /Toronto Sun
Article content
A GoFundMe campaign for a London, Ont., nurse is highlighting a disturbing inequity in our healthcare system.

The anonymous frontline health worker has been exposed to COVID — her parents and her brother are all hospitalized with it — and she is quarantined as a result.

The nurse works on a COVID-19 unit in a London, Ont. hospital, according to the GoFundMe page.

At her place of work, nurses must quarantine for 14 days after any exposure to COVID and do so without being paid. That’s even if they test negative.

Those who have COVID symptoms can get sick pay.

You’d assume any nurse working on a COVID floor might have a COVID exposure, and indeed, it happens — but even when these frontline health workers test negative, they still must fulfill 14 days in quarantine. Without pay.

If you’re scratching your head over how “the heroes” of COVID care came to be treated so shabbily, you’re not alone.

Doris Grinspun, head of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO), has been fighting the situation for nurses throughout COVID.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In the first wave of the pandemic, there was compensation for those who had to self-isolate. That was temporary, however, and expired last summer.

The no-pay scenario for nurses has popped up in several southern Ontario hospitals.

In Hamilton, the RNAO and a group of doctors went to bat for their nurse colleagues and change happened — eight hospitals in the Hamilton, Niagara, and Brant areas are now providing staff with temporary self-isolation pay.

Maybe London should follow suit.

One London nurse was told to self-isolate 14 days — without pay — afull month after a COVID exposure at work came to light.

The nurse who alerted Grinspun to the GoFundMe said, “I am trying to advocate for all the nurses here. We’ve been going through this a whole year now. Seeing one of our own struggle like this — needing a GoFundMe — should not be happening.”

Nurses who spoke to the RNAO have requested anonymity.

“They fear reprisals from their employer,” said Grinspun.

It’s difficult to grasp this inequity for nurses when the premier — who vanished for a period of self-isolation but was paid throughout, of course — keeps saying how much he loves nurses and how grateful he is to them.

This kind of treatment punishes the people who put themselves on the line every day to care for COVID patients.

And it doesn’t exactly encourage nurses to speak up about possible exposures.

Such disrespect said Grinspun, “is why 30% of nurses in the 22 to 40 age group say, ‘I’m gone after COVID.’How does Premier Ford think we will retain them?

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“The real disaster will be post-pandemic. Nurses will not leave during COVID, but after COVID, a revolution is coming,” said Grinspun.

“There won’t be enough nurses for the surgeries that have been put off — they’re talking about a three year backlog? It will be more like seven years. And it’s because of how they are treated by their employer and by the premier.”

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Angela Bedard, a nurse re-assigned to the Intensive Care Unit, stands in a doorway after helping to intubate a patient suffering from COVID-19 at Humber River Hospital's ICU, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, on April 28, 2021.
Nurses struggling with pandemic stress, workload: Poll
A respiratory therapist checks a COVID-19 patient inside the intensive care unit of Humber River Hospital in Toronto, April 15, 2021.
Future nurses, doctors want lessons from pandemic to create better health-care system

Asked for comment on unpaid self-isolation, Murray Doucette, vice-president of people and culture at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), sent this statement:

“At LHSC, it is our intent to ensure that our valuable staff are aware of all the options available to them to avoid financial hardship if they are required to quarantine due to COVID-19. Unionized employees, including nurses, are compensated sick time in accordance with the terms and conditions of the sick plans outlined in their respective collective agreements. Where a unionized employee is not paid sick time, we have provided the employee alternatives available to them that may result in a paid leave. In some cases, employees are able to use other paid leave that might be available to them. We have advised our staff about their eligibility for the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB), which gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they are sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19.”

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

WOW! RAND PAUL - FAUCI COULD BE CULPABLE FOR THE ENTIRE PANDEMIC!​

FINALLY - Fauci is being exposed for the murdering psychopath that he is! Fauci has been orchestrating one fake pandemic after another for DECADES!! While I don't believe there is a "real deadly virus" that's been unleashed, I don't care how Fauci is exposed for the lying, criminal he really is.

Senator Paul: It’s even worse than your point out. The person they hired to investigate the lab for the WHO perspective is the guy who gave the money. So NIH gave the money to EcoHealth. The head of EcoHealth – they got him to investigate whether Wuhan was doing anything inappropriate in their lab. But if they were then wouldn’t he be culpable? Doesn’t he have a self-interest in smoothing things over? I’m not saying he did cover things up but you wouldn’t appoint someone who is in the line of the supply chain of giving the money to them. Ultimately here’s the rub. I don’t know whether it came from the lab. But who could be culpable?
Dr. Fauci could be culpable for the entire pandemic!

Please check out our HUGE "INDEXED" LIBRARY ON THE CRIMINAL COVID-19 HOAX. It's an enormous free resource where you can find out the truth about everything related to COVID-19: Find out the truth about the fraudulent testing procedure, fake case and death numbers, who Dr. Fauci really is, who Bill Gates really is, the truth about the vaccine industry and the dangers of their products and much much more. There's nothing like this resource anywhere on the internet! SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

With a little help from his pal SLEEPY!

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
And you really think people believe your dingbat conspiracies in this forum?
You're crazier than than I thought!
Most people read your posts and just roll their eyes.
You're lucky I even acknowledge that you're here.
Let's see what happens if I don't respond anymore:ROFLMAO:

I do not roll my eyes at Danbones. As a matter of fact, I give Danbones two thumbs up all the time, Covid cult conspiracy member!! Your comrade hero Doug, the dictator, Ford has only just begun with you pro Covid cult fools to make your already miserable life worse than ever, and you are to stunned to see it happening right in front of your Covid cult member clown mask face. I can pretty much guarantee fools like you that very soon foolish Covid believers like you will be getting more Covid 1984 rules coming your way after June 2nd. This will never end until people like you disappear from view.

You should be very happy that people waste their time replying to your Covid cult bull crap here. I do just for the amusement part of it, Covid cult member. LOL.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
FUREY: Michigan's situation debunks the argument that Ontario's lockdowns work
Author of the article:Anthony Furey
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 13 hours ago • 3 minute read • 19 Comments
The basketball nets at Pheasant Run Park near Glen erin Dr. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. W., in Mississauga, has been boarded up to ensure nobody can drain a bucket during the province-wide COVID-19 lockdown.
The basketball nets at Pheasant Run Park near Glen erin Dr. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. W., in Mississauga, has been boarded up to ensure nobody can drain a bucket during the province-wide COVID-19 lockdown. PHOTO BY JOE WARMINGTON /Toronto Sun/Postmedia Network
Article content
The Ontario government and its medical advisors remain committed to the idea that blunt and broad lockdowns not only work but are the reason why the situation is improving throughout the province.

But some infectious diseases experts in the province say evidence out of Michigan — which borders Ontario — calls that argument into question.

“The most important observation I would make is that their trajectories have been extremely similar to Ontario’s,” says Dr. Neil Rau, an infectious diseases physician based out of Oakville. “They’ve had a third wave just like we have had. They have not resorted to the restrictions Ontario has had and yet they’re also on the downward curve.”

Governor Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, didn’t institute a lockdown during their third wave — keeping schools open as well as pretty much everything else, with capacity limits in place.

While Michigan has had more daily cases per capita than Ontario, its experience with the rise and fall of its third wave follows the same timeline as Ontario.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
MORE ON THIS TOPIC

In this file photo, people arrive at the entrance to the Toronto Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, Ontario on November 23, 2020, the first day of a new lockdown in the city.
Ontarians feeling frustrated and anxious during lockdown
A closed Starbucks coffee shop on Queen St. W., at Ossington Ave., in Toronto, Ont. is pictured on Tuesday March 9, 2021.
NORD: Lockdown scars are showing on Canadians
GETTY
FUREY FACTOR'S LOCKDOWN LOWDOWN: Why is Ontario the most restrictive area in North America?

Rau points to how the two jurisdictions have a similar climate, latitude and general population profile.

“How much of what we are doing is actually moving the needle?” he asks.

And while it’s now become a popular refrain to explain away the difference between Canadian and U.S. restrictions based on the idea that Americans are leaps and bounds ahead in their vaccination roll-outs, the evidence also calls that theory into question.

On Wednesday, Gov. Whitmer celebrated how 55% of Michiganders had by that point received the first dose of a vaccine. Ontario is behind, but not by that much — as the province currently sits at 45% vaccinated.

“There’s no question that one cannot use the ‘they’ve had more vaccine than we have’ line,” says Rau.

The other thing there’s no question about is that Ontario remains the most locked down jurisdiction in North America with little to show for it.

“It is critically important that we ensure that we minimize collateral damage,” says Dr. Martha Fulford, an infectious diseases physician and associate professor at McMaster University. “We are at a stage where many of our actions are causing more long-term harm than COVID is. For example, all outdoor spaces need to be reopened. They do not contribute to transmission and allowing people to take part in outdoor activities is necessary for health and well-being.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Left-wing politicians in states that border Canada were evolving their policies as early as January, before the U.S. vaccination roll-out was in full swing, to ones that embraced targeted reopenings with capacity limits in place.

Yet on Thursday, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced that despite the province’s improving situation he would be extending the stay-at-home order until at least June 2.

“Schools need to be reopened,” says Fulford. “We keep talking about the harm being done to children — we can immediately start to help by reopening schools, reopening outdoor spaces, ensuring all summer camps and other activities are a go. We know that these are not high-risk activities when it comes to COVID and resuming these activities will prevent even further harm.”

The other curious question is why some medical voices remain almost ideologically committed to continuing with lockdowns, such as how the Ontario Science Table attributes the stay-at-home order as the key and almost singular reason why cases are now declining without even acknowledging the counterfactuals happening in other jurisdictions.

Ontarians who wish to listen to the experts might also want to consider how the medical officers in states such as Michigan have equal or greater credentials than the doctors they see on TV advocating for ever stricter measures.

afurey@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ford extends Ontario stay-at-home order to June 2
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 7 hours ago • 2 minute read • 436 Comments
Ontario Premier Doug Ford holds a press conference at the Ontario legislature in Toronto, Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford holds a press conference at the Ontario legislature in Toronto, Thursday, May 13, 2021. PHOTO BY FRANK GUNN /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
Ontario will remain under a stay-at-home order until June 2 and schools will stay closed for the foreseeable future, Premier Doug Ford announced Thursday.

The province will not allow outdoor recreational facilities such as golf courses and basketball courts to reopen until at least June 2.

“We need to do everything in our power to protect the summer for all Ontarians. My goal is to have the most normal July and August possible,” Ford said. “Obviously, that wont mean large sporting events or concerts. But if we manage the next few weeks properly. I believe that we can have things in a very good place this summer.”

Ontario Green Party Leader Mike Schreiner said the Ford government should focus on workplace outbreaks with measures such as 10 paid sick days, mandated medical-grade personal protection equipment (PPE) and rapid testing.

“That includes listening to the public health experts and immediately opening safe outdoor spaces for the betterment of Ontarians’ mental and physical health,” Schreiner said in a statement.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Redeployed nurses Angela Bedard, left, and Andrea Blake tend to a patient suffering from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Humber River Hospital's Intensive Care Unit in Toronto on April 28, 2021.
Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is inoculated with AstraZeneca's vaccine against coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at a pharmacy in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada April 23, 2021. REUTERS/Blair Gable ORG XMIT: GGG-OTW106
WARMINGTON: Instead of one dose or two, how about a dose of consistency?
Residents living in Ottawa hot spots Overbrook and Vanier get their vaccine at a pop-up clinic at the Howard Darwin Centennial Arena on May 11, 2021.
Ontario targets June to vaccinate youth ages 12 and up

Asked about golf courses, Ford said the concern was not with the actual activity but doctors have told him to limit people’s mobility to contain the spread of COVID-19.

“I know what happens, you know, they pick up another buddy, two or three they go out, go golfing,” Ford said. “And there’s nothing wrong with golfing, the problem is and then after golf they go back, they have a few pops. That’s the problem.”

“I’d love to get out golfing and right now the ICUs are still at risk,” Ford said, referring to the number of patients in intensive care.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) said the government has announced yet another lockdown extension with no additional financial supports for the impacted businesses.

Under the extended stay-at-home order, all businesses deemed non-essential will be limited to online, curbside, delivery or take-out.

Virtual learning will continue for students although efforts will begin in June to vaccinate youth aged 12- to 17-years-old.

Do you agree with Doug Ford's decision to extend the province's stay-at-home order until June 2?

Yes

No
Vote
View Results
Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Ontario reported 2,759 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday.

There were 774 in Toronto, 602 in Peel Region, 258 in York Region, 147 in Durham Region, 133 in Hamilton, 110 in Ottawa and 104 in Halton Region.

The death of 31 more Ontarians was attributed to COVID-19 Thursday bringing the total number of lives lost to 8,405.

Of the 502,171 people who were confirmed to have the infection, 464,531 have recovered or are not seriously ill.

Hospitals were caring for 1,632 patients — 776 in intensive care and 568 on ventilators.

COVID-19 has put 24,486 people in hospital so far during this pandemic and 4,497 needed ICU care.

Ontario has now administered 6.63 million doses of a vaccine including 137,697 on Wednesday.

aartuso@postmedia.com

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
How To Show Americans Lockdowns Are Killing More People Than The Virus

You see it every night on the news: a ticker with the cumulative death toll from the coronavirus. Yet you don’t see the other side of the equation: the number of deaths resulting from the lockdowns imposed ostensibly to fight the coronavirus.

More and more medical professionals are recognizing the severe damage the lockdowns have caused to present and future public health. A worldwide collection of medical and public health experts has just issued a declaration stating that current “lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health” and that to keep “these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.”

This Great Barrington Declaration argues that public health policy should instead focus on protecting vulnerable parts of the population, such as the elderly and infirm while allowing the rest of the public to return to normal life to build up herd immunity. Within a few days, almost 32,000 medical and public health professionals had signed the declaration.

Its authors’ argument is reinforced by increasing evidence that the lockdowns have not had any effect on reducing deaths from the coronavirus, and may in fact increase the number of coronavirus deaths by delaying the point at which enough people have built up an immune response to slow its spread. Even the World Health Organization is now admitting lockdowns are rarely an effective response to the pandemic.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WARMINGTON: Man, 75, listened to politicians, got vaccinated, died five days later
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Publishing date:May 14, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 3 minute read • 86 Comments
Neil Caulfield (right) took his dad, Larry Caulfield (left), 75, to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later.
Neil Caulfield (right) took his dad, Larry Caulfield (left), 75, to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later. PHOTO BY SUPPLIED
Article content
Larry Caulfield loved Premier Doug Ford.

He loved Ontario, Canada, his three kids and six grandkids — all of whom urged him to get the coronavirus vaccine.

“We wanted him to be healthy,” said his son, Neil. “We felt it was the right thing to do.”

So the 75-year-old long-haul truck driver went to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get the jab on April 6.

But there is no happy ending to this story.

“You know how you mentioned there were 50 nameless people who were recorded by the government to have died after receiving the vaccine?” asked Neil. “Well my dad was one of those 50.”

He died on April 11 after four miserable days in hospital.

“It was rough,” said Neil, who isn’t even close to being at the end of the grieving process. “He got very sick after that vaccination.”

The big question is, did he die of complications from the inoculation, from COVID-19, or as a result of pre-existing conditions that may have been a contributing factor?

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

It’s not clear, Neil said.

What is clear is his dad didn’t show any COVID-19 symptoms before getting that shot.

“They counted it as a COVID death, but I’m not sure,” Neil said. “If he did have COVID, he may have gotten it from the line at the vaccination clinic because he was careful and always wore his mask.”

When he was getting his dose, Neil said, he noticed that there “was no ventilation” and “the three big fans weren’t spinning and the only door open was the one that everybody was coming in from.”

The 50 dead after receiving the vaccine that Neil mentioned come from Health Canada’s Vaccination Coverage page under the “Reported side-effects following COVID-19 vaccination in Canada” section. The 50 number I reported last week has now been updated to 56 reported dying after receiving the vaccine.

Of the 56 dead, Health Canada says “28 are still under investigation,” while “23 are unlikely linked to a COVID-19 vaccine.”

It also states that “three deaths couldn’t be assessed due to insufficient information” and “two deaths were likely linked to the vaccine (thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome).”

Of the 15,325,183 doses handed out, there have been 5,015 adverse effects reported, 872 of which have been deemed serious. On the issue of blood clotting, Health Canada reported 15 cases.

While public health doctors, and political leaders, have concluded that statistically vaccines are safe for the vast majority, it’s hard to convince Neil of that now.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
His dad wasn’t a statistic.

Neil said it was him who took his dad to the mass vaccination clinic because he believed Ford and others who said this was the best option.

“I wanted him to be safe,” Neil said.

Although he has regrets, Neil understands there is nothing he can do to change the outcome now.

But perhaps the province can call a coroner’s inquest into Larry’s death to learn all aspects of it from A to Z?

Larry was a fan of both Ford and late great mayor Rob Ford, went to FordFest parties and had pictures to prove it.

Proud Ford Nation member Larry Caulfield (right), 75, went to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later.
Proud Ford Nation member Larry Caulfield (right), 75, went to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later. PHOTO BY SUPPLIED
Neil holds no animosity toward Ford but does have some questions.

“Maybe one day someone can explain to me why dad’s diabetic medication wasn’t covered, but people get free needles and heroin?” said Neil. “Dad got a government-issued needle and a week later I lose my best friend.”

Legitimate questions that perhaps the premier could demand answers to in memory of a proud member of Ford Nation named Larry Caulfield.

jwarmington@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ford issues another letter to PM calling for tighter border controls
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read • 88 Comments
Premier Doug Ford answers questions at Queen’s Park in Toronto on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Premier Doug Ford answers questions at Queen’s Park in Toronto on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. PHOTO BY FRANK GUNN /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
Ontario Premier Doug Ford is renewing his calls for tighter controls on domestic travellers and those who arrive through land crossings, saying Ottawa has yet to respond to his requests on these issues.

The premier has issued another letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, arguing additional measures — such as quarantine requirements for travellers coming into Canada by land — are needing to curb the spread of more contagious COVID-19 variants.

Trudeau said last week that he was willing to work with Ontario to further limit the number of people allowed to enter the province, but said Ford had yet to follow up on his earlier requests.

Ford, who has made few public appearances in recent weeks, is scheduled to make an announcement at noon alongside his health minister and the province’s top doctor.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Ford extends Ontario stay-at-home order to June 2
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 7 hours ago • 2 minute read • 436 Comments
Ontario Premier Doug Ford holds a press conference at the Ontario legislature in Toronto, Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford holds a press conference at the Ontario legislature in Toronto, Thursday, May 13, 2021. PHOTO BY FRANK GUNN /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
Ontario will remain under a stay-at-home order until June 2 and schools will stay closed for the foreseeable future, Premier Doug Ford announced Thursday.

The province will not allow outdoor recreational facilities such as golf courses and basketball courts to reopen until at least June 2.

“We need to do everything in our power to protect the summer for all Ontarians. My goal is to have the most normal July and August possible,” Ford said. “Obviously, that wont mean large sporting events or concerts. But if we manage the next few weeks properly. I believe that we can have things in a very good place this summer.”

Ontario Green Party Leader Mike Schreiner said the Ford government should focus on workplace outbreaks with measures such as 10 paid sick days, mandated medical-grade personal protection equipment (PPE) and rapid testing.

“That includes listening to the public health experts and immediately opening safe outdoor spaces for the betterment of Ontarians’ mental and physical health,” Schreiner said in a statement.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is inoculated with AstraZeneca's vaccine against coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at a pharmacy in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada April 23, 2021. REUTERS/Blair Gable ORG XMIT: GGG-OTW106
WARMINGTON: Instead of one dose or two, how about a dose of consistency?
Residents living in Ottawa hot spots Overbrook and Vanier get their vaccine at a pop-up clinic at the Howard Darwin Centennial Arena on May 11, 2021.
Ontario targets June to vaccinate youth ages 12 and up

Asked about golf courses, Ford said the concern was not with the actual activity but doctors have told him to limit people’s mobility to contain the spread of COVID-19.

“I know what happens, you know, they pick up another buddy, two or three they go out, go golfing,” Ford said. “And there’s nothing wrong with golfing, the problem is and then after golf they go back, they have a few pops. That’s the problem.”

“I’d love to get out golfing and right now the ICUs are still at risk,” Ford said, referring to the number of patients in intensive care.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) said the government has announced yet another lockdown extension with no additional financial supports for the impacted businesses.

Under the extended stay-at-home order, all businesses deemed non-essential will be limited to online, curbside, delivery or take-out.

Virtual learning will continue for students although efforts will begin in June to vaccinate youth aged 12- to 17-years-old.

Do you agree with Doug Ford's decision to extend the province's stay-at-home order until June 2?

Yes

No
Vote
View Results
Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Ontario reported 2,759 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday.

There were 774 in Toronto, 602 in Peel Region, 258 in York Region, 147 in Durham Region, 133 in Hamilton, 110 in Ottawa and 104 in Halton Region.

The death of 31 more Ontarians was attributed to COVID-19 Thursday bringing the total number of lives lost to 8,405.

Of the 502,171 people who were confirmed to have the infection, 464,531 have recovered or are not seriously ill.

Hospitals were caring for 1,632 patients — 776 in intensive care and 568 on ventilators.

COVID-19 has put 24,486 people in hospital so far during this pandemic and 4,497 needed ICU care.

Ontario has now administered 6.63 million doses of a vaccine including 137,697 on Wednesday.

aartuso@postmedia.com

And the bull shit continues on. In Canada today, everybody ends up with Covid and either gets sick or dies. But this happens every year when the seasonal flu's come around. Tens of thousands get sick and hundreds will die. There is nothing new here.

Only we the people can end all this Covid 1984 madness by just stop listening to these lying politicians and the media. Every day it is always just doom and gloom with these buffoons. No doubt they are trying to get us already for the next variant of Covid #4 this fall. This bull shit will never end as long as these lying political buffoons keep getting their way. I have had enough of their lies. They pretty much have all committed crimes against Canadians and crimes against humanity. Being forced to wear a clown mask is a sign of obedience and submission to our dear comrade leaders. Take the masks off, and they will lose all their dictatorial power. Our politicians know that, and so do many people also. Anyone who can read faces knows that politicians like Doug Ford are lying like hell. Just saying.

FREE THE FACE. ABOLISH THE MASK.

Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests POSITIVE for Covid-19 and is forced to cancel Real Time episode​

• Bill Maher, 65, tested positive for Covid-19 during a regular nasal swab test for his HBO series Real Time With Bill Maher
  • An HBO spokesperson announced that Friday night's episode had been canceled in response to the test
  • Maher is already fully vaccinated against the virus, and so far he appears to be asymptomatic
  • HBO says that no other crew or staff members have tested positive so far
  • In April, the comedian suggested coronavirus regulations are overblown and said scientists have adopted a 'scared-straight approach'

Just how much is this INSANE pharma freak feeding binge going to cost us?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
WARMINGTON: Man, 75, listened to politicians, got vaccinated, died five days later
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Publishing date:May 14, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 3 minute read • 86 Comments
Neil Caulfield (right) took his dad, Larry Caulfield (left), 75, to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later.
Neil Caulfield (right) took his dad, Larry Caulfield (left), 75, to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later. PHOTO BY SUPPLIED
Article content
Larry Caulfield loved Premier Doug Ford.

He loved Ontario, Canada, his three kids and six grandkids — all of whom urged him to get the coronavirus vaccine.

“We wanted him to be healthy,” said his son, Neil. “We felt it was the right thing to do.”

So the 75-year-old long-haul truck driver went to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get the jab on April 6.

But there is no happy ending to this story.

“You know how you mentioned there were 50 nameless people who were recorded by the government to have died after receiving the vaccine?” asked Neil. “Well my dad was one of those 50.”

He died on April 11 after four miserable days in hospital.

“It was rough,” said Neil, who isn’t even close to being at the end of the grieving process. “He got very sick after that vaccination.”

The big question is, did he die of complications from the inoculation, from COVID-19, or as a result of pre-existing conditions that may have been a contributing factor?

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

It’s not clear, Neil said.

What is clear is his dad didn’t show any COVID-19 symptoms before getting that shot.

“They counted it as a COVID death, but I’m not sure,” Neil said. “If he did have COVID, he may have gotten it from the line at the vaccination clinic because he was careful and always wore his mask.”

When he was getting his dose, Neil said, he noticed that there “was no ventilation” and “the three big fans weren’t spinning and the only door open was the one that everybody was coming in from.”

The 50 dead after receiving the vaccine that Neil mentioned come from Health Canada’s Vaccination Coverage page under the “Reported side-effects following COVID-19 vaccination in Canada” section. The 50 number I reported last week has now been updated to 56 reported dying after receiving the vaccine.

Of the 56 dead, Health Canada says “28 are still under investigation,” while “23 are unlikely linked to a COVID-19 vaccine.”

It also states that “three deaths couldn’t be assessed due to insufficient information” and “two deaths were likely linked to the vaccine (thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome).”

Of the 15,325,183 doses handed out, there have been 5,015 adverse effects reported, 872 of which have been deemed serious. On the issue of blood clotting, Health Canada reported 15 cases.

While public health doctors, and political leaders, have concluded that statistically vaccines are safe for the vast majority, it’s hard to convince Neil of that now.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
His dad wasn’t a statistic.

Neil said it was him who took his dad to the mass vaccination clinic because he believed Ford and others who said this was the best option.

“I wanted him to be safe,” Neil said.

Although he has regrets, Neil understands there is nothing he can do to change the outcome now.

But perhaps the province can call a coroner’s inquest into Larry’s death to learn all aspects of it from A to Z?

Larry was a fan of both Ford and late great mayor Rob Ford, went to FordFest parties and had pictures to prove it.

Proud Ford Nation member Larry Caulfield (right), 75, went to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later.
Proud Ford Nation member Larry Caulfield (right), 75, went to the Brampton Soccer Centre to get his COVID-19 vaccine on April 6, 2021, and the long haul truck driver died five days later. PHOTO BY SUPPLIED
Neil holds no animosity toward Ford but does have some questions.

“Maybe one day someone can explain to me why dad’s diabetic medication wasn’t covered, but people get free needles and heroin?” said Neil. “Dad got a government-issued needle and a week later I lose my best friend.”

Legitimate questions that perhaps the premier could demand answers to in memory of a proud member of Ford Nation named Larry Caulfield.

jwarmington@postmedia.com
So he might have been guilty of having "pre-existing conditions"? It might still have been a good kill?
Oo
You'd think a hospital would be set up to check for that BEORE they shoot you.

...and the (US!) poor buggers can't even sue.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LILLEY: Trudeau's big three lies on Canada's leaky border
More foreign nationals are flying into Canada than citizens

Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Publishing date:May 15, 2021 • 21 hours ago • 7 minute read • 439 Comments
A woman arriving from overseas has been charged with allegedly using a fraudulent COVID-19 document after arriving at Pearson Airport.
International arrivals at Toronto's Pearson airport. PHOTO BY JACK BOLAND /Toronto Sun
Article content
There are three big lies told about Canada’s border situation during COVID. Unfortunately, too often, they are being repeated rather than challenged.

First off, there’s the claim that we have the “most stringent” measures in the world, that non-essential travel is banned and, finally, that only Canadians are allowed into the country at this time.

The Trudeau government repeats these claims often to defend itself from accusations of not doing enough on the border.

Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc responded to the Ford government in Ontario this week by ignoring its requests for stricter border measures, saying, “Canada has the most comprehensive border measures in the western world.”

Well, we aren’t stricter than Britain, Australia or New Zealand — all countries that are part of the western world.

In Britain, foreign nationals who have even transited through one of more than 40 countries on their red list aren’t allowed to enter, while in New Zealand, outsiders are restricted and even citizens must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a government-run facility.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Hong Kong is stricter still.

In Canada we have a system that requires people who arrive by air to spend up to three days in a hotel, but there is no such requirement for those arriving by land. As for quarantining at home, the system doesn’t require travellers to isolate from others in their home.

It’s why we’ve seen whole homes contract COVID after a single person travelled. It’s why 90% of Ontario’s COVID cases during the third wave are the B.1.1.7 variant first found in the U.K. The Liberals say travel accounts for less than 2% of cases but, somehow, the “most comprehensive border measures” couldn’t contain the U.K. variant from getting into the community and spreading.

The Trudeau government banned flights from the U.K. for a period in December, stopped flights to vacation hot spots over the winter and currently has a ban on flights from India and Pakistan.

But ask them about other problems on the border and they will claim travel is not an issue.

As for non-essential travel being banned, that’s simply not the case. Overall travel in the week of April 12-18, not counting commercial truckers, was 113,221 people compared to 53,515 during the same time period in 2020. While travel is down compared to the pre-COVID period, it’s up compared to last year.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

A car waits to enter Canada at the Canada-United States border crossing at the Thousand Islands Bridge in Lansdowne, Ont., Sept. 28, 2020.
LILLEY: Land border crossers not being tested
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau looks on during a news conference in Ottawa, March 30, 2021.
LILLEY: Trudeau dismissive of border concerns as fear of fourth COVID wave looms
A commercial truck heads for the Ambassador Bridge during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, at the international border crossing, which connects with Windsor, Ont., in Detroit, Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Cross-border travel up in 2021, but still far below 2019 numbers

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
So too are the number of foreign nationals entering Canada. Between Feb. 22, when the mandatory testing and quarantine hotels started, and April 18, 105,042 Canadian citizens or permanent residents entered the country by air compared to 110,955 foreign nationals.

If just Canadian citizens are allowed in, why are there more foreign nationals flying into Canada than citizens?

Stopping all flights into Canada is not the answer to dealing with COVID seeping through the leaky border, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have problems. The list of exemptions on who can enter is too long and the quarantine system is a joke.

That’s just for starters.

Since we are going to continue dealing with this for the next while, we could look to other countries for best practices, like Britain determining your risk level and how strict your quarantine is based on where you’re travelling from.

Instead, we have a government that lies to us about how strict the system is and media that refuse to look into the claims Trudeau makes. It’s time to face and deal with reality, and the need for our system to improve.

NEWS REPORTS CONTRADICT BORDER BOASTS

While the Trudeau government continues to maintain that Canada has “the most stringent” border measures in the Western world, recent headlines would say otherwise.

Last Thursday, the Sun reported just 16% of people crossing at the land border are actually tested for COVID-19 before being allowed to enter the country. More than 750,000 people crossed into Canada by land between Feb. 22 and May 4, but just over 120,000 people were tested.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The Public Health Agency of Canada declined to provide a reason for the difference in the high number of crossers and the low number of tests.

The previous day, a National Post story revealed more than 88,000 people who arrived in Canada via air had been deemed exempt from the supposedly mandatory quarantine hotels. This accounts for roughly 30% of all air travellers since the hotel stays were brought about on Feb. 22. Again, the government did not provide an explanation.

The same day, a CBC story showed almost 900 flights involving private jets, recreational aircraft and helicopters had landed at a sampling of nine Canadian airports that did not have quarantine hotels. At 572 flights, Hamilton, Ont., had the highest number, followed by Ottawa and London with 53, St. John’s with 52, Abbottsford with 48 and Winnipeg with 45.

The story also showed 883 flights of private aircraft into Pearson Airport with some services promising a COVID test to ensure you can skip the quarantine hotel.

HOW DOES CANADA STACK UP WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD?

To enter Canada, you must provide a negative COVID test before boarding your flight. Upon arrival, you must submit to a second COVID test conducted before you can leave the airport. You must stay at a government-approved hotel until the results of your test come back, which could take up to three days. After your test comes back negative, you are allowed to return home for the remainder of your 14-day quarantine period.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
GREAT BRITAIN

If you have been in any of more than 40 countries currently on the U.K.’s red list, you will be denied entry unless you are a British or Irish national. Anyone else who has even transited through a red list country will not be allowed to enter. People who are entering from amber list countries, like Canada, are required to do two tests and must self-isolate for a period of 10 days. People in self-isolation will be visited by trace and test officials. Anyone who tests positive on their second test must self-isolate for a further 10 days.

HONG KONG

Hong Kong is being extremely strict at the moment and limiting entry.

“All non-Hong Kong residents coming from overseas countries and regions by plane will be denied entry to Hong Kong,” the government website reads. They are even restricting travel from mainland China if travellers have been in outside countries and regions in the previous 14 days.

NEW ZEALAND

With limited exceptions, travel to New Zealand is limited to citizens and residents and those coming from select quarantine-free zones such as New South Wales, Australia. Those entering are required to go through managed isolation, meaning a two-week stay at a government-run facility. Dr. Jo Kennelly, a dual citizen of Canada and New Zealand, is documenting the strict measures she must follow to return home to visit her mother. The measures make Canada’s rules look weak and full of loopholes.

AUSTRALIA

The Australian government will allow you to enter the country “if you are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia.” A short-list of immediate family members are also permitted entry

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

WHO’S EXEMPT FROM CANADA’S RESTRICTIONS?

Canadian citizens, persons registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent residents, are all able to freely enter Canada. But so can asylum seekers, people participating in single-sport events and those given clearance by the government. There is also a long list of people who can enter if they are immediate or extended family members of Canadians.

An immediate family member is defined as:

– Spouse or common-law partner

– Dependent child (yours, your spouse’s or your common-law partner’s)

– Dependent child of a dependent child

– Parent or step-parent (yours, your spouse’s or your common-law partner’s)

– Guardian or tutor