Donald Trump Announces 2016 White House Bid

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Some Republicans criticize Donald Trump for meeting with white supremacist
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Nov 27, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read

WASHINGTON — Some Republicans on Sunday criticized Donald Trump for dining with white supremacist Nick Fuentes at the former president’s Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida, even as Trump said the encounter was inadvertent.

Arkansas Republican Governor Asa Hutchinson accused Trump of empowering extremism.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for a leader who’s setting an example for the country or the party to meet with an avowed racist or anti-Semite,” Hutchinson told CNN.

Representative James Comer, a Republican lawmaker from Kentucky, said Trump needed “better judgment (on) who he dines with.”

“I would not take a meeting with that person,” Comer told NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Trump earlier this month said he plans to seek the Republican nomination to run for the White House again in 2024, though he could face challengers to that bid, including from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Fuentes has been described as a white supremacist by the U.S. Justice Department and he attended the Jan. 6, 2021, rally in Washington that preceded the attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters. The Anti-Defamation League said Fuentes once “‘jokingly’ denied the Holocaust and compared Jews burnt in concentration camps to cookies in an oven.'”

Trump said the encounter with Fuentes happened during a dinner meeting last week with the rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, who himself has drawn widespread criticism for making anti-Semitic statements.

Trump in a message on his Truth Social media site said he met with Ye and “we got along great, he expressed no anti-Semitism, & I appreciated all of the nice things he said about me on ‘Tucker Carlson.’

“Why wouldn’t I agree to meet? Also, I didn’t know Nick Fuentes,” Trump wrote.

The White House slammed Trump, saying in a statement that “bigotry, hate, and antisemitism have absolutely no place in America — including at Mar-A-Lago.”

President Joe Biden shrugged off a question from reporters about the incident, saying: “You don’t want to hear what I think.”

David Friedman, Trump’s former ambassador to Israel, said anti-Semites “deserve no quarter among American leaders, right or left.”

“To my friend Donald Trump, you are better than this. Even a social visit from an anti-Semite like Kanye West and human scum like Nick Fuentes is unacceptable,” Friedman wrote on Twitter.

1669697402217.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Kanye West says Trump burned Kim, 'screamed' he'll lose 2024 election
'I think the thing Trump was most perturbed about [was] me asking him to be my vice president'

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Nov 27, 2022 • 1 day ago • 3 minute read

Kanye West said Donald Trump berated his ex-wife Kim Kardashian and lost his cool when the two dined together along with white nationalist Nick Fuentes at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago resort last week.

In a video posted to Twitter titled “Mar-a-Lago debrief,” West, 45, claimed Trump became angry when the rapper, who announced he will run to become America’s commander-in-chief in 2024, asked him to be his running mate.

“I think the thing Trump was most perturbed about [was] me asking him to be my vice president,” West, who now goes by Ye, said. But, he added, “I think that was like, lower on the list of things that caught him off guard.”

The Stronger hitmaker claimed that Trump, who has also announced his bid for re-election in 2024, chastised West’s political ambitions, telling the Grammy winner he would lose if he were to run in 2024.

“Trump started basically screaming at me at the table telling me I was going to lose. I mean has that ever worked for anyone in history?” West continued. “I’m like whoa hold on, hold on, hold on. Trump, you’re talking to Ye.”

West also claimed Trump, 76, made disparaging remarks about his former spouse, Kim Kardashian. Bleeping out the alleged epithets, West appeared offended by the criticisms Trump aimed at his ex.

“You can tell her I said that,” Trump supposedly uttered. “And I was thinking like, ‘That’s the mother of my children,'” West recounted.

In his video, Kanye went on to add that he “loves Trump” and said the former leader was “impressed by Nick Fuentes,” a noted racist. “Nick Fuentes, unlike so many of the lawyers and so many people that he was left with on his 2020 campaign, he’s actually a loyalist,” West said.

An adviser confirmed to CBS News on Friday that Trump dined with Fuentes and West last week, but did not know who Nick was.

“Kanye West very much wanted to visit Mar-a-Lago. Our dinner meeting was intended to be Kanye and me only, but he arrived with a guest whom I had never met and knew nothing about,” Trump said in a statement to CBS News.

Fuentes is a leading figure on the far-right and is accused of spreading anti-Semitic conspiracies. According to the Anti-Defamation League, Fuentes is a Holocaust denier and appeared at numerous “Stop the Steal” events in the lead-up to the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

West has been embroiled in controversy for weeks after a social media post in which he ranted he was about to go “death con 3 on JEWISH PEOPLE” (which led to him being booted off Twitter and Instagram) and a line of T-shirts he debuted at Paris Fashion Week with the slogan, “White Lives Matter.”

His behaviour has led to him losing high-profile business partnerships with Adidas, Gap and Balenciaga and has cost him billions of dollars. Trump said he met with the West to counsel him on his next steps forward.

“So I help a seriously troubled man, who just happens to be Black, Ye (Kanye West), who has been decimated in his business and virtually everything else, and who has always been good to me, by allowing his request for a meeting at Mar-a-Lago, alone, so that I can give him very much needed ‘advice,'” Trump wrote in a message posted to his Truth Social account. “He shows up with 3 people, two of which I didn’t know, the other a political person who I haven’t seen in years. I told him don’t run for office, a total waste of time, can’t win. Fake News went CRAZY!”

The former president has a long history of failing to speak out against hate speech. During his 2016 campaign, Trump claimed he didn’t “know anything about David Duke” after the former KKK leader endorsed him for president.

Meanwhile, in 2017, following a deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Trump dismissed the protest, saying there was “blame on both sides” for the violence.

“This is a f—ing nightmare,” one longtime Trump adviser told NBC News about the dinner with West and Fuentes. “If people are looking at [Florida Gov. Ron] DeSantis to run against Trump, here’s another reason why.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pence calls on Trump to apologize for dinner with antisemite
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Jill Colvin
Publishing date:Nov 28, 2022 • 21 hours ago • 4 minute read

WASHINGTON — A growing number of Republicans, including former Vice President Mike Pence, criticized Donald Trump on Monday for dining with a Holocaust-denying white nationalist and the rapper formerly known as Kanye West days after launching his third campaign for the White House.

Pence, in an interview, called on Trump to apologize and said the former president had “demonstrated profoundly poor judgment” when he met last week at his Mar-a-Lago club with West, who is now known as Ye, as well as Nick Fuentes, a far-right activist with a long history of espousing antisemitic and white nationalist views.

The episode is serving as an early test of whether party leaders will continue to rally behind Trump as he embarks on yet another campaign for the White House after they have spent much of the last eight years being asked to respond to the controversies he’s created.

Trump has said he didn’t know who Fuentes was before the meeting. But he has so far refused to acknowledge or denounce the positions of either Fuentes or Ye, who has made his own series of antisemitic comments in recent weeks, leading to his suspension from social media platforms and the end of his ties with major companies like Adidas.

“President Trump was wrong to give a white nationalist, an antisemite and Holocaust denier, a seat at the table and I think he should apologize for it. And he should denounce those individuals and their hateful rhetoric without qualification,” Pence said in an interview with NewsNation’s Leland Vittert that aired Monday night.

Still, Pence, who is considering his own potential run against his former boss, said he does not believe Trump is antisemitic or racist and said he would not have served as Trump’s vice president if he was.

The decision to criticize Trump’s actions — but still defend the man himself — underscores the former president’s continued hold on the party, even as he finds himself at a moment of intense vulnerability.

Many of the party’s top fundraisers and strategists blame him for their worse-than-expected showing in this year’s midterm elections and increasingly say they believe it is time to move on. At the same time, Trump remains deeply popular with the GOP base, and even candidates hoping to challenge him for the Republican presidential nomination risk alienating those voters if they criticize him too strongly.

Some, like Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., blamed Trump’s staff for allowing Fuentes to join the dinner, even though no staff had attended.

“If he wasn’t familiar with him, then whoever had responsibility for knowing the backgrounds of the people in the room, I hope they are already fired,” Tillis told reporters at the Capitol Monday evening.

When asked if Trump should apologize, he said, “I’ll leave that to President Trump.”

Still others were less equivocal.

“President Trump hosting racist antisemites for dinner encourages other racist antisemites. These attitudes are immoral and should not be entertained. This is not the Republican Party,” tweeted Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La.

“There’s no room for anti-Semitism or white supremacy in the Republican Party. Period,” added Florida Sen. Rick Scott, who ran the party’s Senate campaign committee this cycle.

Others were more dismissive. South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a longtime Trump ally, said: “Yeah, the meeting was bad. He shouldn’t have done it.” But he added that “there’s a double standard about this kind of stuff and I don’t think it will matter in terms of his political future.”

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., said he supposed Trump can “have dinner with whomever he wants to have dinner with, but I wouldn’t have dinner with him. I’ll put it that way.”

Still others, including House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and others considering challenging Trump for the GOP nomination, remained silent.

The meeting had already been criticized by prominent Jewish organizations as well as Trump’s former ambassador to Israel. But until Monday, few Republicans had weighed in. They included former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, another potential Trump 2024 rival, who told The New York Times that the dinner was “just another example of an awful lack of judgment from Donald Trump, which, combined with his past poor judgments, make him an untenable general election candidate for the Republican Party in 2024.”

Retiring Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, who is also mulling a White House run, called the meeting “very troubling” on CNN Sunday and said “it shouldn’t happen.”

“When you meet with people, you empower. And that’s what you have to avoid. You want to diminish their strength, not empower them. Stay away from them,” he said.

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, another potential 2024 rival, denounced antisemitism as “a cancer,” but did not directly reference the dinner or the president under whom he served.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Court halts Mar-a-Lago special master review
Associated Press
Eric Tucker
Publishing date:Dec 01, 2022 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court on Thursday ended an independent review of documents seized from former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate, removing a hurdle the Justice Department said had delayed its criminal investigation into the retention of top-secret government information.

The decision by the three-judge panel represents a significant win for federal prosecutors, clearing the way for them to use as part of their investigation the entire tranche of documents seized during an Aug. 8 FBI search of Mar-a-Lago.

It also amounts to a sharp repudiation of arguments by Trump’s lawyers, who for months had said that the former president was entitled to have a so-called “special master” conduct a neutral review of the thousands of documents taken from the property.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Donald Trump knew about exec's tax fraud scheme
Associated Press
Michael R. Sisak
Publishing date:Dec 01, 2022 • 1 day ago • 4 minute read

NEW YORK — Donald Trump “knew exactly what was going on” with top Trump Organization executives who schemed for years to dodge taxes on company-paid perks, a prosecutor said Thursday, challenging defense claims that the former president was unaware of the plot at the heart of the company’s tax fraud case.

Manhattan prosecutor Joshua Steinglass lobbed the bombshell allegation during closing arguments. He promised to share more details when he resumes on Friday, buoyed by the judge’s decision to grant prosecutors permission to veer into territory that had been considered off limits because Trump is on trial.

Judge Juan Manuel Merchan, overruling a defense objection after the jury had left court, said the company’s lawyers opened the door by asserting in their closing arguments that Trump was ignoring of the scheme, hatched by his longtime finance chief just steps from his Trump Tower office.

“It was the defense who invoked the name Donald Trump numerous times,” Merchan said, setting up a potentially explosive final day of arguments before jurors deliberate next week.

Prosecutors had given mixed signals about Trump’s importance to the case, telling a judge early on, “this case is not about Donald Trump,” but then repeatedly asking witnesses about him; showing a witness copies of Trump’s tax returns and, ultimately, seeking to connect the dots to him in closing arguments.

Trump has denied any knowledge of the scheme, writing Tuesday on his Truth Social platform: “There was no gain for ‘Trump,’ and we had no knowledge of it.”

Steinglass said the Trump Organization “cultivated a culture of fraud and deception” by lavishing luxe perks on executives and falsifying records to hide the compensation.

Steinglass’ at-times fiery summation followed defense arguments that sought to focus blame for the fraud on Allen Weisselberg, the senior adviser and ex-CFO who has admitted scheming to avoid paying personal income taxes on a company-paid apartment, luxury cars and other goodies.

“Weisselberg did it for Weisselberg,” Trump Organization lawyer Michael Van der Veen told jurors, punctuating his closing argument with the defense team’s mantra for the monthlong trial.

Steinglass pushed back when it was his turn, telling jurors: “Both halves of that sentence are wrong. It wasn’t just Weisselberg doing it and it wasn’t just Weisselberg who benefited.”

The Trump Organization, the entity through which Trump manages his real estate holdings and other ventures, is accused of helping Weisselberg and other executives avoid paying income taxes on company-paid perks.

Steinglass argued that the Trump Organization — through its subsidiaries Trump Corp. and Trump Payroll Corp. — is liable because Weisselberg and an underling he worked with, controller Jeffrey McConney, were “high managerial” agents entrusted to act on behalf of the company and its various entities.

If convicted, the Trump Organization could be fined more than $1 million. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who watched Steinglass’ closing from the courtroom gallery, has said that his office’s investigation of Trump is “active and ongoing,” and that no decision has been made on whether to charge him.

But company lawyers argued that Weisselberg was only intending to benefit himself with his tax dodge scheme, not the Trump Organization, and that the company shouldn’t be blamed for his transgressions.

“We are here today for one reason and one reason only: the greed of Allen Weisselberg,” Trump Organization lawyer Susan Necheles said, her remarks accompanied at one point by the wail of a siren from an emergency vehicle outside.

The tax fraud case is the only trial to arise from the Manhattan district attorney’s three-year investigation of Trump and his business practices. Thursday’s closing arguments were the last chance for prosecutors and defense lawyers to sway jurors before they deliberate next week.

Weisselberg pleaded guilty in August to dodging taxes on $1.7 million in extras and testified against the Trump Organization in exchange for a promised sentence of five months in jail.

Weisselberg has worked for Trump’s family for nearly 50 years, starting as an accountant for his real estate-developer father Fred Trump in 1973 before joining Donald Trump’s company in 1986.

“Along the way, he messed up. He got greedy. Once he got started, it was difficult for him to stop,” Necheles said.

Necheles argued that the case against the company is tenuous and that the 1965 state law underlying some of the charges requires prosecutors to show Weisselberg intended to benefit the company, not just himself.

Weisselberg testified that he conspired to hide his perks with McConney by adjusting payroll records to deduct their cost from his salary.

The arrangement reduced Weisselberg’s tax liability, while also saving the company money because it didn’t have to give him a hefty raise to cover the cost of the perks and additional income taxes he would have incurred.

“I knew in my mind that there was a benefit to the company,” Weisselberg testified.

But Necheles argued that any benefit to the company was ancillary, minimal and unintentional.

“He is atoning for his sins, but as part of the plea deal, the prosecution forced him to testify against the company he helped built,” Necheles told jurors. “Now the prosecution’s case rests on one thing: convincing you, the jurors, that Mr. Weisselberg’s actions were done in behalf of the company.”

“You are going to see there was no such intent,” Necheles added. “The purpose of Mr. Weisselberg’s crimes was to benefit Mr. Weisselberg.”

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
If convicted, the Trump Organization could be fined more than $1 million.
Which really isn't going to matter to him at all anyway.

I suspect he'll win the case, it doesn't sound like they've really demonstrated that the company did this to receive a benefit. And without that the case really doesn't work as the article says. I guess we'll see but either way i don't think trump's in any danger of going hungry.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, Trump has said:

"“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,”"

Where's the denunciation of him from his supporters? Or is it okay because it's Trump and only he can say such things and get away with it?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So, Trump has said:

"“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,”"

Where's the denunciation of him from his supporters? Or is it okay because it's Trump and only he can say such things and get away with it?
It was okay to suppress the criminal activities of the Biden crime family because it would impact election results in favour of a sitting President?

Corporate involvement is the epitome of Fascism.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Please give us examples of Republicans celebrating .
And the only bullshit conspiracy stories i heard were from the democrats and their supporters claiming he was a big trump supporter and republican which turned out not to be true. In fact - Serryah, didn't you post a little of that?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
Former president blasts verdict as part of a Democrat-led 'MANHATTAN WITCH HUNT!'

Associated Press
Michael R. Sisak
Publishing date:Dec 06, 2022 • 1 day ago • 5 minute read
FILE - Former President Donald Trump announces a third run for president as he speaks at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., Nov. 15, 2022. A prosecutor on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022, said Trump "knew exactly what was going on" with top Trump Organization executives who schemed for years to dodge taxes on company-paid perks.
FILE - Former President Donald Trump announces a third run for president as he speaks at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., Nov. 15, 2022. A prosecutor on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022, said Trump "knew exactly what was going on" with top Trump Organization executives who schemed for years to dodge taxes on company-paid perks. PHOTO BY REBECCA BLACKWELL /THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
NEW YORK — Donald Trump’s company was convicted of tax fraud Tuesday for helping executives dodge taxes on extravagant perks such as Manhattan apartments and luxury cars, a repudiation of financial practices at the former president’s business as he mounts another run for the White House.

A jury found two corporate entities at the Trump Organization guilty on all 17 counts, including charges of conspiracy and falsifying business records. Trump himself was not on trial. The verdict in state court in New York came after about 10 hours of deliberations over two days.

The conviction was validation for New York authorities who say their three-year investigation into Trump and his businesses is continuing. The probe, which began as an inquiry into hush-money payments made on Trump’s behalf, later morphed into an examination of the company’s asset valuation and pay practices.

The company faces a fine of up to $1.6 million. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 13. The defence said it will appeal.

“A former president’s companies now stand convicted of crimes. That is consequential,” Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said outside the courtroom. “It underscores that in Manhattan we have one standard of justice for all.”

Trump, a Republican who launched his 2024 campaign last month during the trial, blasted the verdict as a part of a Democrat-led “MANHATTAN WITCH HUNT!”

“This case is unprecedented and involved no monetary gain to these two Corporations,” Trump said in a statement, adding: “New York City is a hard place to be ‘Trump.”’

The verdict adds to mounting legal woes for Trump, who faces a criminal investigation in Washington over the retention of top-secret documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate, as well as efforts to undo the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Those inquiries are being led by a newly named Justice Department special counsel. The district attorney in Atlanta is also leading an investigation into attempts by Trump and his allies to overturn his loss in that state.

The verdict also comes amid a series of self-inflicted crises for Trump in recent weeks, including anger over his dinner with a Holocaust-denying white nationalist and the anti-Semitic rapper formerly known as Kanye West, and the former president’s for the “termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution” to address his baseless claims of mass election fraud.

The Trump Organization — and Trump’s management of it — was at the centre of “The Apprentice,” the reality show that solidified his global celebrity. That fame in turn helped fuel his unlikely political rise, allowing him to sell himself to voters as a successful businessman who could take lessons from that sphere and apply them to Washington.

The Manhattan case against the Trump Organization was built largely around testimony from the company’s former finance chief, Allen Weisselberg, who previously pleaded guilty to charges that he manipulated the company’s books to illegally reduce his taxes on $1.7 million in fringe benefits. He testified in exchange for a promised five-month jail sentence.

To convict the Trump Organization, prosecutors had to convince jurors that Weisselberg or an underling he worked with on the scheme was a “high managerial” agent acting on the company’s behalf and that the company also benefited.

Trump Organization lawyers repeated the mantra “Weisselberg did it for Weisselberg” throughout the monthlong trial, contending that he had gone rogue and betrayed the company’s trust. Weisselberg attempted to take responsibility on the witness stand, saying nobody in the Trump family knew what he was doing.

“It was my own personal greed that led to this,” an emotional Weisselberg testified.

But prosecutor Joshua Steinglass alleged in his closing that Trump “knew exactly what was going on” and was “explicitly sanctioning tax fraud.”

Bragg slipped into the courtroom as the verdict was being read. Afterward he refused to answer questions from reporters, ducking behind a glass door as he was asked if he regretted Trump wasn’t charged personally.

New York Attorney General Letitia James, whose office assisted in the investigation, called the verdict a “clear message that no one, and no organization, is above our laws.”

In some ways it’s a limited victory for prosecutors, however.

No one, save for Weisselberg, is going to prison. No one is putting a padlock on Trump Tower or forcing the company out of business. And a potential $1.6 million fine is a rounding error on the budget of an enterprise that boasts billions of dollars in assets.

Still, the Trump Organization may now run into some trouble getting loans and making deals, and New York City could have more leverage to try to end the company’s contract managing a city-owned golf course in the Bronx.

But even as the trial was unfolding, the company struck a deal with Saudi developer Dar Al Arakan to license the Trump name for a golf, hotel and residential development in Oman. Next year, three of Trump’s golf courses will host tournaments for Saudi-backed LIV Golf.

The bigger threat to the company could be the civil lawsuit James filed in September alleging that it misled banks and others about the value of its many assets, a practice she dubbed the “art of the steal.”

James, a Democrat, is asking a court to ban Trump and his three eldest children from running a New York-based company and is seeking to fine them at least $250 million. As a preliminary measure, a judge has appointed an independent monitor to oversee the company’s operations while the case is pending.

Bragg inherited the Trump investigation when he took office in January. His predecessor, Cyrus Vance Jr., had authorized his deputies to seek a grand jury indictment for Trump, but Bragg soon shut that down and they quit.

Officially, he says, the investigation is “active and ongoing.”

On Monday he sent his strongest signal yet that he’s interested in pursuing more charges, hiring former acting U.S. Assistant Attorney General Matthew Colangelo to lead the probe. Bragg and Colangelo worked together on Trump-related matters at the state attorney general’s office.

— Associated Press writers Eric Tucker in Washington and Jill Colvin and Larry Neumeister in New York contributed to this report.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Classified items found at Trump storage unit in Fla.: Report
Associated Press
Publishing date:Dec 07, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read

WASHINGTON — At least two items marked as classified were found in a storage unit in West Palm Beach, Florida, after lawyers for former President Donald Trump arranged for a firm to search for additional classified material, according to a published report Wednesday. The items were provided to the FBI.

The Washington Post, citing anonymous sources, reported that the items were discovered by an outside team brought in by Trump’s representatives to search his other properties after the FBI recovered roughly 100 documents marked classified during an Aug. 8 search of his Palm Beach estate, Mar-a-Lago.

The nature of the newly found material was not immediately clear, but the storage unit in which they were found had been used to hold items from an office in northern Virginia used by Trump staffers after he left office, the newspaper said.

The 100 or so documents the FBI took from Mar-a-Lago in August were on top of 37 bearing classification markings that Trump lawyers retrieved from the home during a June visit. In addition, 15 boxes containing about 184 classified documents were recovered in January by the National Archives and Records Administration.

This image contained in a court filing by the Department of Justice on Aug. 30, 2022, and redacted by in part by the FBI, shows a photo of documents seized during the Aug. 8 search by the FBI of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.
This image contained in a court filing by the Department of Justice on Aug. 30, 2022, and redacted by in part by the FBI, shows a photo of documents seized during the Aug. 8 search by the FBI of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. PHOTO BY DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE /THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
The possibility that the Justice Department had not yet recovered all classified materials has existed for months.

The FBI’s August search of the home came after investigators developed evidence indicating that additional sensitive documents remained there, even though Trump representatives had certified that all classified documents requested in a Justice Department subpoena had been located and returned.

After a federal judge pressured the Trump team to demonstrate its full compliance with the subpoena, the newspaper said, it brought in an outside firm to search properties including Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, as well as Trump Tower in New York City.

A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment.

A spokesman for Trump, responding to reports about an outside firm’s search for classified materials, said in a statement, “President Trump and his counsel continue to be cooperative and transparent, despite the unprecedented, illegal, and unwarranted attack against President Trump and his family by the weaponized Department of Justice.”

Spokesman Steven Cheung did not respond to a follow-up phone call about subsequent reporting indicating that a search of the storage unit had turned up at least two items with classification markings.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

"Socialism bad!" :rolleyes:

Though gotta agree, Biden is FAR from a socialist; he is a lot of things, but socialist is not one of them.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

"Socialism bad!" :rolleyes:

Though gotta agree, Biden is FAR from a socialist; he is a lot of things, but socialist is not one of them.
One thing is for sure whatever Biden is or isn’t, he is not in charge .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Fuck Trump, I'm going to run. A gender wonky asshole that's too smart for the Ozarks oughta fuck things up. I want Lesbians to run the war room and fruitcakes to teach kindergarten.