Canada's Economy Takes Biggest Hit In 7 Years

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The economy of course is dependend on the ability to wage war,we should surrender.

Make a deal.

Who can we invade and make money? Who's closest, big disorganized cities.This election extravaganza proves they are reetarded. We can save them. Maple syrup Law should be imposed. Release the submarines., Canadas armed forces are lazy good for nuthins. Where's the booty? Attack something or get off the pot.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The economy of course is dependend on the ability to wage war,we should surrender.

Make a deal.

Who can we invade and make money? Who's closest, big disorganized cities.This election extravaganza proves they are reetarded. We can save them. Maple syrup Law should be imposed. Release the submarines., Canadas armed forces are lazy good for nuthins. Where's the booty? Attack something or get off the pot.

We really ****ed Libia up

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think while many forms of energy will assist the use of gas and oil, very few will be an actual replacement for them.
I think while many forms of power will assist the use of horses, nothing will be an actual replacement for them.

Seriously, considering that the path of history is littered with the corpses of those who said "t'ain't never gonna happen," you should probably be careful with such statements.

Wind and solar are not ALWAYS there when you need them.
And oil is? That's funny. I thought it was miles down in the ground in a relatively small number of places, and required massive effort to acquire and transport to "there when you need them."

Silly me.

Wind also has the added feature of noise pollution!
Yes, we know you have an irrational fear of wind power, but really, it's not gonna hurt you. I promise.

I f-cked up labia.
Bet your wife's pretty pissed about that, enit?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
We really ****ed Libia up
and stole all their gold
just for twitlary

"Hillary Emails Reveal True Motive for Libya Intervention
Newly disclosed emails show that Libya’s plan to create a gold-backed currency to compete with the euro and dollar was a motive for NATO’s intervention."
http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...ls-reveal-true-motive-for-libya-intervention/

I bet they don't ever let you use a tool that has the word skill on it do they?
( or any metal parts for that matter)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
And oil is? That's funny. I thought it was miles down in the ground in a relatively small number of places, and required massive effort to acquire and transport to "there when you need them."

The big difference here is that forms of energy like oil, coal or even wood can be both stored and transported without any real loss of that energy value. Current tech surrounding the transport and storage of electricity just isn't advanced enough to represent a tangible alternative, let alone the cost effectiveness of such.

The day will come when that changes, however, between that tech being developed and the necessary infrastructure beig established, I believe it's fair to say that we have a quite a number of years before that is achieved

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The big difference here is that forms of energy like oil, coal or even wood can be both stored and transported without any real loss of that energy value. Current tech surrounding the transport and storage of electricity just isn't advanced enough to represent a tangible alternative, let alone the cost effectiveness of such.

The day will come when that changes, however, between that tech being developed and the necessary infrastructure beig established, I believe it's fair to say that we have a quite a number of years before that is achieved
The concept of "achieved" as a single point is silly.

Course, the last organization to declare that "oil will always supply the energy needs of Canada" was the Halifax Whaling Association.

Aside from that, we're in agreement, and obviously, demonstrably correct.

Damn, we're good!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

CNG not electric is the future of autos. You can tank up overnight at home like recharging but can tank up in minutes when travelling, there is no need to truck it to refilling stations, burns clean and doesn't require expensive refining.

It's very common in Europe and Asian but still mainly fleet vehicles in Nor Am.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I kinda like fuel cells. They're elegant.
I think it's a better tech to invest in than useless electric cars. They have performance, range, and take about 3 minutes to "fill up". And the infrastructure would be cheaper to install since existing gas stations could be used.
Unfortunately in Ontario, the Wynned sock is in too big of a hurry to "save the planet" with sunshine and unicorn farts that she's ignoring superior technology.
Then again, she can't pump more money into hydro investors' pockets if she promotes hydrogen fuel cells.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

In the meantime , it's a damn good excuse to tax people...
And actually, the first tax in the history of mankind was on.....wait for it......Oil ....
Cooking oil in ancient Egypt......look it up:lol:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think it's a better tech to invest in than useless electric cars. They have performance, range, and take about 3 minutes to "fill up". And the infrastructure would be cheaper to install since existing gas stations could be used.
They also use less heavy metals than batteries, and we ain't gonna run out of hydrogen, oxygen, and sunlight any time soon. So, good deal all around.

Unfortunately in Ontario, the Wynned sock is in too big of a hurry to "save the planet" with sunshine and unicorn farts that she's ignoring superior technology.
Ever notice how one engineer's done more for the human race than every damn politician in history put together?

Then again, she can't pump more money into hydro investors' pockets if she promotes hydrogen fuel cells.
You mean she's corrupt? Oh, good.

Corrupt I can work with. It's Twue Bewievews that scare me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Silly me.

Yes, we know you have an irrational fear of wind power, but really, it's not gonna hurt you. I promise.

In 55 years of driving I don't recall one time that Oil and Gas weren't readily available. Where did I express an irrational fear of wind power? I'm all for it, but where can it be supplied on a continuous basis?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In 55 years of driving I don't recall one time that Oil and Gas weren't readily available.
And that apparently makes you think the Oil Fairy brings it to you.

Or, hey, who knows? Maybe you really are unaware of the infrastructure needed to make oil and gas readily available.

Where did I express an irrational fear of wind power? I'm all for it, but where can it be supplied on a continuous basis?
Throughout all your comments on the subject.