Christine O'Donnell vs. Chris Coons Debate on C-SPAN

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Barring a miracle, it is now acknowledged that Christine O'Donnell will not be elected to be the Senator in true ultra blue Delaware.

The Republican primary voters in Delaware still made the right choice. Mike Castle would have been no better than consensus-seeking yellow-bellied RINO's like John McCain, Lindsay Graham or especially the ultimate back-stabber, Jumping Jim Jeffords.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
She handled herself really well.

A few missteps, but given her lack of political seasoning (not a bad thing) she did okay.

To bad she's a witch.:p

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
She handled herself really well.

A few missteps, but given her lack of political seasoning (not a bad thing) she did okay.

To bad she's a witch.:p

Well she's definitely more intelligent than I previously thought. But I think she still has a very flawed and narrow-minded ideology compared to Coons. He seemed to handle her pretty easily.

The one deceptively plausible argument from conservatives and posited by O'Donnell as well is the argument for the nullification of the tenth amendment, or local government exerting more influence than federal government. And that's fine and dandy for allowing more freedom within the political sphere. But it's important to note that as fascinating as it seems to be giving more power to individual states, it is important that constitutional rights are regulated on a federal level as they are the highest form of law and the constitution should enforced on a national scale.

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Why is it not OK for Christine O'Donnell to be a witch, while Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Gloria Allred, Maxine Waters, Rosie O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Helen Thomas and soooo many other Democrumbs never even had the decencyand honesty to admit - in spite of overwhelming evidence - that they ARE withces?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Why is it not OK for Christine O'Donnell to be a witch, while Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Gloria Allred, Maxine Waters, Rosie O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Helen Thomas and soooo many other Democrumbs never even had the decencyand honesty to admit - in spite of overwhelming evidence - that they ARE withces?

It was a joke, I think she did pretty good in the debate. At least was willing to address personal finances and I think she connected with many people on that issue.

Coons dodged it big time.

Besides, she did say she dabbled in witch craft.

Her big mistake was addressing it in this ad.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Christine O'Donnell's admission that she dabbled into witchcraft is no more ridiculous than Bill Clinton's phony "but I never inhaled".

If that sorry piece of human garbage, Bill Maher and all his acolytes had had the decency and fairness to criticize and ridicule Clinton, they would have more credibility.

If the people of Delaware elect Coons, fine, that is their democratic choice.

But it is far better, and far more in line with the original intentions of America's founding Fathers to someone to step up and represent the people, than career politicians syphoning off the hard work and creativity of ordinary, honest people they pretend to represent.

If the world was a decent and honest place, no politician - who can't help but become a crook - would impose themselves on and exploit people that elected them.

Seems that the longer they claim to "serve" the more they fancy themselves as masters.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Christine O'Donnell's admission that she dabbled into witchcraft is no more ridiculous than Bill Clinton's phony "but I never inhaled".

If that sorry piece of human garbage, Bill Maher and all his acolytes had had the decency and fairness to criticize and ridicule Clinton, they would have more credibility.

If the people of Delaware elect Coons, fine, that is their democratic choice.

But it is far better, and far more in line with the original intentions of America's founding Fathers to someone to step up and represent the people, than career politicians syphoning off the hard work and creativity of ordinary, honest people they pretend to represent.

If the world was a decent and honest place, no politician - who can't help but become a crook - would impose themselves on and exploit people that elected them.

Seems that the longer they claim to "serve" the more they fancy themselves as masters.

What a hate filled man you are Jack.

If I believed I'd pray for you.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Avro, since you resorted to personal attack without specifics, let me ask you and I hope will explain what you find "hateful" in my post. I would sincerely try to be a perfect person like you, with the only exception that I would never want to be a soulless non-believer like you and therefore would never want to make empty references to payers.

Does it make me hateful to remind people of Clinton's similar youthful indiscretion?

Do you object that in my opinion Bill Maher is a sorry piece of human garbage?

Does making the statement that for the people of the state of Delaware electing anyone they want is their democratic right make me hate-filled?

Am I hate-filled because I echo the American Founding Fathers that politics should not be a life-long career but a short term of selfless service?

Is it hateful that I point out that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, as seen on both sides of our border?

Having seen the likes of Barney Frank, Arlan Specter, Chris Dodd and the thankfully overdue departed murderer, Ted Kennedy as those who think that it is their right to be masters of the unwashed masses makes me filled with hate?

I don't need your prayer. What I would like to see along with most reasonable people here, is your silence.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Just finished watching his speech on C-SPAN. Don't care much for the campaigning for Coons, but it was a pretty incredible speech. He recycled some car metaphor he's apparently mentioned before, but it was pretty funny nonetheless. This guy has lost none of the charisma he had 2 years ago.

But he lost a whole bunch of his former bedazzled supporters who rrealized that the charismatic Emperor has no clothes.

Did he send tingles up your legs, like he did for MSNBC host Chris Matthews?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Avro, since you resorted to personal attack without specifics, let me ask you and I hope will explain what you find "hateful" in my post. I would sincerely try to be a perfect person like you, with the only exception that I would never want to be a soulless non-believer like you and therefore would never want to make empty references to payers.

Does it make me hateful to remind people of Clinton's similar youthful indiscretion?

Do you object that in my opinion Bill Maher is a sorry piece of human garbage?

Does making the statement that for the people of the state of Delaware electing anyone they want is their democratic right make me hate-filled?

Am I hate-filled because I echo the American Founding Fathers that politics should not be a life-long career but a short term of selfless service?

Is it hateful that I point out that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, as seen on both sides of our border?

Having seen the likes of Barney Frank, Arlan Specter, Chris Dodd and the thankfully overdue departed murderer, Ted Kennedy as those who think that it is their right to be masters of the unwashed masses makes me filled with hate?

I don't need your prayer. What I would like to see along with most reasonable people here, is your silence.

If you'd like me to put on ignore I will do that.

Is that what you want?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Instead of that.....I would have said.....
To the Obama "sheeple" the man still walks on water....everyone else...:roll:

If you'd like to debate some facts here, then go ahead. I was just commenting on the rhetoric. Even if he was spewing absolute bullcrap, it's delivered with a level of grace that to this day is unparalleled. You can't deny the fact that he at least makes the effort to appear bi-partisan. And he's the only politician that's clearly outlined the intention that the Democrats and Republicans should be working together instead of playing hungry hungry hippos like you guys do.

Aside from that, it's pretty clear that the Republicans are wrong on quite a few contentious issues.

The economy is in a state of transition and will take a couple more years to recover. This has been the plan since the beginning. That Republicans complain about the economy recovery now, is naive at best. That they complain about a worsening economy due to this administration is also patently false as the stimulus has guaranteed significant job creation.

On "Don't ask, don't tell" there are a few Republican senators that get it right, but they are still overwhelmed by a sea of homophobia.

On transparency, the ultimate hypocrisy is played out. The Republicans/Tea Party are all about diluting federal power and letting the states manage the constitution. And yet, they don't want to reveal where federal dollars are being put. And people trust that on a whim? That's laughable. There's your 1984 Gitmo nation right there, lol.

And lastly, but more importantly - Republicans don't have a plan. I would give them some cred if they actually had an effective and pragmatic solutions to boosting the economy or repealing healthcare, but they don't. They don't have a plan, they just want to revert back to former protocol on those issues. Protocol that objectively did not work.

They have a lot of work to do these Repubs, if they believe that the current administration is on the wrong track. They can complain all they want, but it's scantly backed up by any suggestion for improvement. That just doesn't fly for the educated public. Sorry.

Last edited: