Jeb Bush

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Just wondering does anyone have an opinion on viability of Jeb Bush as running for President 2012. From everything I've seen or heard he would be a lock for the Rep nomination in 2012 if his name wasn't Bush. He seems to be head and shoulders above any of the other contenders. Could the US have presidents 41, 43 & 45 with the same last surname?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yup defense and intelligence budgets doubled (not including Iraq or A'Stan) by Bush to $1 Trillion to catch 390 terrorists over 9 years, Trillions given away to private banks that tell congress to **** off when they ask what it was spent on, but one of the top immigrant arresting, drug busting Sherriff depts in Texas had to take a $100,000 loan to make payroll and buy gasoline?

May as well get it over with and put all of the family in charge at the same time and let them drive you to Fascism with a brick on the gas pedal.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just wondering does anyone have an opinion on viability of Jeb Bush as running for President 2012. From everything I've seen or heard he would be a lock for the Rep nomination in 2012 if his name wasn't Bush. He seems to be head and shoulders above any of the other contenders. Could the US have presidents 41, 43 & 45 with the same last surname?

I think Old Jeb would be good. He was head honcho of Fla. for while, so he should have some of the "ropes" down pat. Also he has the expertise of both Georges to draw from. I'd also bet young George could advise him on a few things not to do..........Like ignore major hurricanes. Yep, Jeb would be the man I'm thinkin' :lol::lol::lol:

Hell, if somebody as unqualified as Obama could run and win, anyone can!

And deserves to!

I think a tour of the White House would do you good, Y.J. I think you should write Barrack a letter requesting to be his guest for a weekend and it would be a chance for the two of you to get some things ironed out. :lol::lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think a tour of the White House would do you good, Y.J. I think you should write Barrack a letter requesting to be his guest for a weekend and it would be a chance for the two of you to get some things ironed out. :lol::lol:
Maybe Barry will ham it up and serve fried chicken, watermelon and 40oz beers for his cracker ass?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Well, JLM, just so that you know, I have visited the White House as a tourist, (admittedly the usurper did not occupy it at the time) in the summer of 2004, when I also paid homage - among thousands of others - to Ronald Reagan, when he lay in state in the Rotunda of the Capitol.

I am sure Obama would hold me in the same esteem as he held for the police who had the nerve to do their duty. (You know: "STUPIDLY"). After all I am a WHITEY.

Plus I could drink the pathetic wuss under the table if he ever dared to offer a beer summit.

Last edited by a moderator:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
the name 'bush' who embarrassed the white house and the u.s. population for 2 terms should be enough
to smarten up the electorate 'NOT' to ever elect another one.

that era was so shabby it made the u.s. look very 'bush' league. they have now elected a man who
is classy, intelligent and so far above that 'time' I hope they don't look back but look ahead and
continue on the path they have 'now', even on the republican side, there has to be at least 'one'
person somewhere who has some presidential qualities, I wonder, maybe not.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the name 'bush' who embarrassed the white house and the u.s. population for 2 terms should be enough
to smarten up the electorate 'NOT' to ever elect another one.

that era was so shabby it made the u.s. look very 'bush' league. they have now elected a man who
is classy, intelligent and so far above that 'time' I hope they don't look back but look ahead and
continue on the path they have 'now', even on the republican side, there has to be at least 'one'
person somewhere who has some presidential qualities, I wonder, maybe not.

One lesson I have learned in life is it's dangerous to judge a man by his brother (sister, father, mother, uncle).

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
One lesson I have learned in life is it's dangerous to judge a man by his brother (sister, father, mother, uncle).

when a person is representing the country, it makes a big difference to me, out of 300 million people,
surely they can find someone named smith or jones, they don't need to get stuck in a rut, look
beyond the allready stale group and find something fresh and clean.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
when a person is representing the country, it makes a big difference to me, out of 300 million people,
surely they can find someone named smith or jones, they don't need to get stuck in a rut, look
beyond the allready stale group and find something fresh and clean.

I tend to agree with you Talloola, but on second thought, as long as we are dealing with politicians I doubt if we'll EVER find anyone who is "fresh and clean"...............as I've said here many times before "they are all tarred with the same brush", so on that note maybe young Jeb wouldn't be such a bad choice after all. :lol::lol:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Wouldn't electing a third Bush really make the US into a bush league nation?

So far as the thread is concerned; reading over Jeb's portrait on Wikipedia:
Jeb Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, it would appear that Jeb is very much like older brother George without quite as many business failures. Having another neoconservative religious fundamentalists in the US presidency might be a bit more than the US can handle considering the amount of damage GW and his cronies did.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I wonder if there is anything preventing a man from being Vice President after he has already served as president. I think I just hit on a really good idea. Jeb should run for president with big bro George running for vice president and that way George through previous experience could keep an eye on little brother to make sure he doesn't get derailed. :lol::lol::lol:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I wonder if there is anything preventing a man from being Vice President after he has already served as president. I think I just hit on a really good idea. Jeb should run for president with big bro George running for vice president and that way George through previous experience could keep an eye on little brother to make sure he doesn't get derailed. :lol::lol::lol:

a totally nauseating thought. lol
i'm sure the last thing george bush jr. would want to do is walk back into that white house, as I
am just as sure he practically ran out when it was time for him to leave. He was a failure.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
a totally nauseating thought. lol
i'm sure the last thing george bush jr. would want to do is walk back into that white house, as I
am just as sure he practically ran out when it was time for him to leave. He was a failure.

Ya think? :smile: