The left in the US could win big next week

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Everybody talks about the Tea Partiers and the right-wing activists. They're the ones that get all the attention.

But the political left has activists too, and next Tuesday is a major primary day in the US. There's a very real possibility that two sitting Democratic Senators (Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania and Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas) could lose their respective primaries to left-wing challengers.

There's also evidence that these more left-wing Dems are more formidible against the right-wing Republicans in the general election.

Source: The Plum Line - Will lefty insurgents win big next week?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Everybody talks about the Tea Partiers and the right-wing activists. They're the ones that get all the attention.

But the political left has activists too, and next Tuesday is a major primary day in the US. There's a very real possibility that two sitting Democratic Senators (Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania and Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas) could lose their respective primaries to left-wing challengers.

There's also evidence that these more left-wing Dems are more formidible against the right-wing Republicans in the general election.

Source: The Plum Line - Will lefty insurgents win big next week?
nothing I would like better that having a lefty advancingy upon a fixed baynoy.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Sorry, but neither Blanche Lincoln or Arlen Spector has any "left-wing" challenger in their respective primaries. Their challengers are both far more conservative that=n either of them.

The writer of this thread most likely also believes that Robin Hood really stole from the rich and gave to the poor; that government spends money without any effect on the economy, and that total governmental controo of everything is a "GOOD Thing".

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There is no left in the USA. Even if there was would the owners change?
Oh, that is just too taxing a concept for most Americans to comprehend. They would prefer to keep their delusions. Left to them is right of Mussolini. They still think they live in a democracy and that their president is the leader of the free world. Not very popular to point out that the walls around them belong to the asylum.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Oh, that is just too taxing a concept for most Americans to comprehend. They would prefer to keep their delusions. Left to them is right of Mussolini. They still think they live in a democracy and that their president is the leader of the free world. Not very popular to point out that the walls around them belong to the asylum.

I have noticed that no one likes to be informed beyond the confines of their box. That is not to say that we all don't have boxes but it is to say that some boxes are bigger than others. If you have to run up against the wall it should be that of your own cardboard container. My cardboard asylum has been out in the rain a lot and I can run through the side of it usually without much trouble. I'm not comfortable being comfortable.:canada:

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Sorry, but most Americans are not as provincial as some "intellectuals" would like to believe. There is ever strip of leftist in US politics, from the most extreme to the very middle of the road leftists.

Sadly, the vast majority of Canadians do not know Americans, any more than most Americans know Canadians. You get most of your information from liberal leaning sources, which tend to denigrate virtually everything about this country. You tend to see us as loud, wanting to control the world, and with no culture at all.

Most Americans view Canadians are essentially irrelevant, living in an ultra liberal country, which has absolutely no real meaning on the world stage. They see Canadians as all going around in arctic clothing, saying "eh" with every other word, and having the world influence of a flea.

Canada is so small in population compared to the US, that it is in a position of being like a Chihuahua forced to sleep next to a Great Dane. Every time the Dane turns over, the Chihuahua gets uncomfortable at a minimum.

It would help if you actually got to know us, and if we actually got to know you. Making those kind of simplistic statements does not help, although it does show your virtually complete ignorance.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
You are what you televise. There is nothing in western politics but bull**** and slime left right and center all banker scum, maggots living on the American carcass. There's no point in getting to know you because you no longer exist.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This left/right **** rminds me a of a joke.

"Hey left ball"

"What" asks right ball?

"Who is the dink in the middle?"

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We're here aren't we?
Eagle, I just want to qualify something. I see the Canadian government in the same view as the American one, only not as big and bad. Both are just puppet regimes of the controlling elite. You just have the biggest and most expensive penis extender on the planet, at present.

PS: BTW, my son's name is Eagle.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You are what you televise. There is nothing in western politics but bull**** and slime left right and center all banker scum, maggots living on the American carcass. There's no point in getting to know you because you no longer exist.
And there goes a beaver.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
We know we live in a democracy, and can move and travel any place we want, and even places we don't want, we are not confined by walls. Can you do that? You are just living thru time, not living time.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We know we live in a democracy, and can move and travel any place we want, and even places we don't want, we are not confined by walls. Can you do that? You are just living thru time, not living time.
The walls confine your mind. Political and religious institutions are designed to restrict your thought processes. But few who live in a box are aware of the walls. When it is pointed out to them they get all puffy and self righteous. They are Linus' blanket - the comfort zone. It is near impossible for them to see or understand the other guy, the other party, the other race or the other religion. Empathy is beyond their grasp.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I was referring to both the limits of our physical and psychological boundaries. I and others are not confined by any particular religious or political beliefs. I refer to #15 again.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

True enough, just don't get within 100 miles of your borders without your papers, especially in Arizona.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
We're here aren't we?

You are here ES. You are not a the nation previously and incorrectly known as America. As Petros has introduced the pertinent documents outlining Americas final disposal I hardly imagine that you have as yet digested the full implications of said document. I suppose that us dumb Canadians probably ain't got any better deal, we just won't make the same splash when we hit the wall at the end. We have a Queen.