US Politics at Its Best.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have always maintained that US politics is extremely poisonous, it is poisonous beyond redemption.

As an indication of that, at least ten Democratic lawmakers have received death threats and they are seriously concerned about their safety. FBI is investigating the threats.

Earlier Wednesday, the Albemarle County Fire Marshal's Office in Virginia confirmed the FBI was investigating a suspicious incident at the home of Virginia Democratic Rep. Tom Perriello's brother, days after the brother's home address was posted online by a Tea Party activist.

An aide to Perriello told CNN that a line to the propane tank on his brother's gas grill had been severed.

"However, officials are taking the incident very seriously and conducting a vigorous investigation."

The Republican politicians, who were so eloquent, so voluble when they were protesting the health care bill, are nowhere to be found. CNN approached several of them for interview, they all declined an interview.

It wouldn’t surprise me if teabaggers are responsible for this. They are the ones who shouted racist, homophobic slogans at black and gay House members.

And of course, Republican politicians and hate radio has been ruthlessly egging them on, inciting them. The result is inevitable, the hothead are going to resort to violence.

Indeed, it wouldn’t surprise me if one or two of the democratic politicians are actually assassinated. As I said, this is American politics at his best. If tea baggers is the best face of America, America is doomed.

Serious threat to USA comes not from outside, but from inside.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/24/congress.threats/index.html?hpt=T1

FOXNews.com - FBI Investigates Possible Threats Directed at House Democrats

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There's a few people who find most things about the U.S. poisonous. Good thing they are a minority.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Many Americans find the US political atmosphere poisonous. And death threats against politician may not denote poisonous atmosphere to you, but it does to me. How many death threats do our politicians get?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Many Americans find the US political atmosphere poisonous. And death threats against politician may not denote poisonous atmosphere to you, but it does to me. How many death threats do our politicians get?

About as many times that the Liberals have alleged or alluded to Harper and comparing him to Hitler-

This opinion is accurate 19 times out of 20 with a Plus or Minus factor of 3.1 %

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
About as many times that the Liberals have alleged or alluded to Harper and comparing him to Hitler-

This opinion is accurate 19 times out of 20 with a Plus or Minus factor of 3.1 %

Really? Show me where any Liberal has made a death threat against Harper. Or has threatened to do physical harm to Harper. Anyway, I have never compared him to Hitler. O the contrary, I have always lavishly praised him, I refer to him as the Messiah.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Really? Show me where any Liberal has made a death threat against Harper. Or has threatened to do physical harm to Harper. Anyway, I have never compared him to Hitler. O the contrary, I have always lavishly praised him, I refer to him as the Messiah.
No you have not referred to him as Hitler - But the other minions in your Liberal party have - Disgusting comparing any politician in a democracy to a mass murdering genocidal psychopathic piece of Shxt. But then again Liberals are very good at extravagant slanders - that and having bagmen - corruption - using the RCMP as Chretien's personal Police Force against innocents - as proven in Federal Court - and liberals have the only way to Heaven as they say - the only Saviour for Canada can only be a Liberal. Why would any sane person differ - They must be confused of course - poor peons - they must have some more education on Liberal values.

Why look- the Liberal Party had a convention on ideas - MP's not invited - specifically denied access - Just the elite - The so called great thinkers - Great way to stay in touch as Iggy would say with the values of ordinary Canadians - He should be gone in a year or so. Back to Boston.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
No you have not referred to him as Hitler - But the other minions in your Liberal party have - Disgusting comparing any politician in a democracy to a mass murdering genocidal psychopathic piece of Shxt. But then again Liberals are very good at extravagant slanders - that and having bagmen - corruption - using the RCMP as Chretien's personal Police Force against innocents - as proven in Federal Court - and liberals have the only way to Heaven as they say - the only Saviour for Canada can only be a Liberal. Why would any sane person differ - They must be confused of course - poor peons - they must have some more education on Liberal values.

Why look- the Liberal Party had a convention on ideas - MP's not invited - specifically denied access - Just the elite - The so called great thinkers - Great way to stay in touch as Iggy would say with the values of ordinary Canadians - He should be gone in a year or so. Back to Boston.

And what does all this have to do with death threats by teabaggers against Democratic politicians?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

You might be very surprized...

And, BTW, the CBC played some of the "threats" left on answering machines.....let's just say the ones they played would never stand up in court as an actual death threat....not even close.