Pat Robertson: Haiti ‘Cursed’ By ‘Pact To The Devil’

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Eric Garris, January 13, 2010

Televangelist Pat Robertson said Wednesday that earthquake-ravaged Haiti has been “cursed” by a “pact to the devil.”

“Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it,” he said on Christian Broadcasting Network’s “The 700 Club.” “They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you’ll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it’s a deal.”

Robertson said that “ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other” and he contrasted Haiti with its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

“That island of Hispaniola is one island. It is cut down the middle; on the one side is Haiti on the other is the Dominican Republic,” he said. “Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island.

They need to have and we need to pray for them a great turning to god and out of this tragedy I’m optimistic something good may come. But right now we are helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable.”

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
does the person you quoted have any concrete proof they sold there souls to the devil, after they gained independence from the french?

Link or it never happened
Pat Robertson is hoping to get rich selling gullible Christians on a campaign to Christianize Haiti. Like all TV evangelists, he is in it only for the money and is not beyond telling woppers if he thinks there is money to be made. He is one of the lowest form of human.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Pat's just doing what M.moore and Alex jones do,make bucks off the gullible followers like jbeee,someones gotta pay for those caddys and theres never a shortage of peeps who will promote his work for free by spamming internet forums all over the world spreading the fear.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
“They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever.

Or whatever.

Translation: I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, I don't know the details, but I need some controversy to get me into the papers.

These televangelist jewish preachers, or muslim clerics, or, you know, whatever they are, man, they're right on things.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Pat's just doing what M.moore and Alex jones do,make bucks off the gullible followers like jbeee,someones gotta pay for those caddys and theres never a shortage of peeps who will promote his work for free by spamming internet forums all over the world spreading the fear.
So when are you going to start demanding payment for your endeavors? (you might ask for a raise after you get to be good at it, lol)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
does the person you quoted have any concrete proof they sold there souls to the devil, after they gained independence from the french?

Link or it never happened

Now that would be a most interesting link, Johnny. :lol::lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol I think if anything is true, Robertson has a few devils rattling around in the bucket between his ears.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Gee ... I didn't think voo-doo or bad mojo or global warming (or money for/against) or retribution or anything to do with man could make one plate collide with another

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It doesn't, be interesting how the western media plays this out. Looting is one word I've seen being used, that would seem to be equal if the 'store' was flattened and no cashiers around to a totally intact building with cashiers standing at the ready. All well and fine that supplies are coming in but if the stockpile at the airport is staying at the airport then it is useless until it is in the hands of people who need it. How many aircraft landed that also had enough fuel to take-off again, answer not all, that means less traffic overall. It also seems that one of the earliest accomplishments was exiting non nationals. ie a Canadian plane land with a few supplies and it takes off full of Canadian tourists (etc). Was the plane sent as relief or was it dispatched to get Canadians to a 'more comfortable place'?
Another article I read was about a truck convoy c doming from the Dominican and they complained that they were having trouble making it to the capital. Why not unload the 'aid they had' to the people who were asking for it and then going back for another load. When driving a water hauler, using sticks to beat back people who approach you with jugs in hand is defeating the whole purpose of bringing aid.
The Elite of Haiti will receive much better treatment that the poor, really would you expect anything different?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Pat Robertson is a moron and an embarassment to other evangelists.
It isn't that long ago that the US Gov determined the people of Haiti were not smart enough to rule themselves, then when they did start doing just that they were overthrown by, wait for it, the same country that Pat is from.