James Traficant......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The first time I heard of him was last night in the news ...since he just got out of Jail...
I would like to hear some honest opinions from people in the U.S. without too much interruption and nitpicking and jockeying for position from north of the border.....from what I heard last night...he is if nothing else an interesting man.......

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
James Traficant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From what I read there, he was much like Nunziata in the house of commons refusing to toe the Liberal line and eventually getting blackballed for it....
Seems like Traficant got elected on the Democratic platform but rarely voted with them and that would tend to make some enemies...
I don't see him as any more loony that "Jesse Ventura":lol:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
James Traficant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From what I read there, he was much like Nunziata in the house of commons refusing to toe the Liberal line and eventually getting blackballed for it....
Seems like Traficant got elected on the Democratic platform but rarely voted with them and that would tend to make some enemies...
I don't see him as any more loony that "Jesse Ventura":lol:

Then why didn't he run as a Republican? Why a Democrat, if he disagreed with everything Democrats stand for?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
His pompadour puts Kim Jong Il to shame.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I thought that was a wig when I saw the interview last night......but where are our American friends to-day............
I think he used a by product of that grass they show on TV for lawn patching - Why it even rowws on a cement block -

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
On wikipedia, it does mention that it was revealed to be a toupee, and that he didn't wear it in prison - he had a pony tail.

What a nutcase, but people like that always make politics more interesting.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
James Anthony Traficant, Jr. (born May 8, 1941) is a former Democratic Representative in the United States Congress from Ohio (from 1985 to 2002). He represented the 17th Congressional District, which centered around his hometown of Youngstown and includes parts of three counties in northeast Ohio's Mahoning Valley. He was expelled after being convicted of taking bribes, filing false tax returns, racketeering, and forcing his aides to perform chores at his farm in Ohio and on his houseboat in Washington, D.C.

Sounds like a pretty ordinary crook to me but what do I know.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
James Anthony Traficant, Jr. (born May 8, 1941) is a former Democratic Representative in the United States Congress from Ohio (from 1985 to 2002). He represented the 17th Congressional District, which centered around his hometown of Youngstown and includes parts of three counties in northeast Ohio's Mahoning Valley. He was expelled after being convicted of taking bribes, filing false tax returns, racketeering, and forcing his aides to perform chores at his farm in Ohio and on his houseboat in Washington, D.C.

Sounds like a pretty ordinary crook to me but what do I know.

Typical politician. Must have been a lawyer before entering politics and went from petty theft to grand larceny.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Then why didn't he run as a Republican? Why a Democrat, if he disagreed with everything Democrats stand for?"

Are you talking about the most despicable turncoat, Joe Liebermann?

He stood against anything Democrats stand for, as long as he smelled some profit kissing John McCain's a$$. Now he hasn't got the guts to stand up like a man.

Types like him can turn one into an anti-Semite.

If this sanctimonious jerk can do it, no reason why James Traficant who displays far more integrity and honesty, could not do it.