Cindy Sheehan goes after Obama

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If my kid died in a war fighting for Bush/Cheney you would never hear the end of me either.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Exactly.

One can only pity her.

But her rage does not legitimize her cause.....

What was bush's reason for attacking Iraq again? I remember....It was something about "weapons of mass destruction"......No. It was because Saddam led the attacks on 9/11...No. It was something else entirely....Bush just felt like it...

Her cause is legitimate because Bush and Chaney were not....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What was bush's reason for attacking Iraq again? I remember....It was something about "weapons of mass destruction"......No. It was because Saddam led the attacks on 9/11...No. It was something else entirely....Bush just felt like it...

Her cause is legitimate because Bush and Chaney were not....

Bush was a fool for hanging his hat on WMD's. He should have listed a number of reasons but he put all his eggs in one basket.

One thing I do remember was for years the Democrats critisized Bush Sr. for not going in during Desert Storm saying that the US will have to go in some day. When that "some day" came they were all up in arms.

As I have said before I thought we pulled the trigger to fast on Iraq but once we were committed we had to see it through.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
One thing I do remember was for years the Democrats critisized Bush Sr. for not going in during Desert Storm saying that the US will have to go in some day. When that "some day" came they were all up in arms.

Possibly because his justification was weak/non-existent, or summed up as 'the PNAC people who run the Republican Party told me to do it', and he timed it when it was quite obvious that Saddam was becoming less and less of a threat to anyone except himself.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Possibly because his justification was weak/non-existent, or summed up as 'the PNAC people who run the Republican Party told me to do it', and he timed it when it was quite obvious that Saddam was becoming less and less of a threat to anyone except himself.

I don't agree with that. He was not really a threat to the US but he surely wasn't a threat to himself. If it wasn't for the US invasion he would surely be in power to this day.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't agree with that. He was not really a threat to the US but he surely wasn't a threat to himself. If it wasn't for the US invasion he would surely be in power to this day.

So, there were no WMDs, and Saddam wasn't a threat to the US.

Justification was / is what again?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So, there were no WMDs, and Saddam wasn't a threat to the US.

Justification was / is what again?

Well like I said a couple of posts ago. He hinged the whole thing on WMD's. Not too bright. There are a whole list of reasons he could have listed but he chose WMD's. He could have listed the UN Violations, expulsion of UN inspectors, etc. But Bush chose WMD's alone and that was not to smart. Look how it bit him in the butt. You may/would not agree to these reasons (if he gave) them but at least he wouldn't have had it haunt him as the sole reason for invasion.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And it had nothing to do with the billions that Cheney and his friends have made from the invasion. Haliburton have made out like bandits at the expense of the Iraqi people. Bush was just a dumb fall guy for Cheney.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not many saints are attracted to Federal Politics....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And it had nothing to do with the billions that Cheney and his friends have made from the invasion. Haliburton have made out like bandits at the expense of the Iraqi people. Bush was just a dumb fall guy for Cheney.

Yeah...enriching Haliburton and Cheney was the real reason for the Iraq War. :roll:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''Bush was a fool for hanging his hat on WMD's. He should have listed a number of reasons but he put all his eggs in one basket''

He did - remember? He said afterwards that it was to promote democratization and for nation building. But, of course, we all know it was about oil.