America Never Existed

Winnipeg10

Nominee Member
Sep 15, 2006
Just wanted to say,

If America existed we would all be American and America would mean The Americas and/or it's 35 independent nations, and not just The United States of America.

There is no such thing as North America and South America as we all know as I said before Canadians, Mexicans, Brazilians ect would all be Americans comming from their American respected country.

Too bad the U.S. blew it for the continent. :sad10:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh well that is the way we do it. We call ourselves Americans...always have always will. The world calls us American too.

For example if a Canadian was to go to Europe and the European didn't see the Canadian flag on their backpack and asks...

"Hey... you're American."

The Canadian would w/o hesitation say...

"No Im Canadian"

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Pretty much. There are a few that don't. I say, "I'm from BC" most of the time. It's a good conversation starter. Not everyone knows what a BC is. lol "British Columbia", I say. They say, "Ah then you are British". I say, "Nope. I am a colonist" :D

Winnipeg10

Nominee Member
Sep 15, 2006
No Country In America Is Exempt From Being American

Just think of Europe, are any European countries exempt from being European? No, because they would not be in Europe. Same goes for America, no country in America is exempt from being American.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
No, we are all American. Our neighbours to the south are US citizens. They just have a terrible name.

Did you just say that we are all american and our neighbours to the south are mere united states citizens? Do you think we should rename them as provinces? Would that make the names sound better? There are lots of Eskimo names that haven't yet been used ... well ... none of it is taken, but ...

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Just wanted to say,

If America existed we would all be American and America would mean The Americas and/or it's 35 independent nations, and not just The United States of America.

There is no such thing as North America and South America as we all know as I said before Canadians, Mexicans, Brazilians ect would all be Americans comming from their American respected country.

Too bad the U.S. blew it for the continent. :sad10:

The term "America" could have very well been attached to Canada or any country in North or South America, but it wasn't. The U.S. got the moniker first. Good for the U.S. to bad for the continent. America is the United States. Have to be quick and innovative for all the good title's and names. :happy1:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Oh well that is the way we do it. We call ourselves Americans...always have always will. The world calls us American too.

For example if a Canadian was to go to Europe and the European didn't see the Canadian flag on their backpack and asks...

"Hey... you're American."

The Canadian would w/o hesitation say...

"No Im Canadian"

Hey that's true but we wouldn't have to tell them anything if it wasn't for you lot.

Winnipeg10

Nominee Member
Sep 15, 2006
Back-Off America! Non-Profit Organization

I feel like starting a Non-Profit Organization called Back-Off America! Aimed at informing the United States of America to back off America. I feel if The United States of America is so ambiguous to America then that is just too bad for the U.S. Our first priority in this world is America, and not the U.S.A.

If people keep putting The United States of America ahead of our America then we could loose our American Nation and Culture to it. So in support of preserving our continent America and our Culture and land, I just might start this Non-Profit Organization.

Winnipeg10

Nominee Member
Sep 15, 2006
The International American Preservation Society

Or better yet.. The International American Preservation Society.

Which one would you prefer?

A: The International American Preservation Society

or,

B: Back-Off America! A Non-Profit Organization

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
So, you approve of what NAFTA intends to do, one continent, one country, one currency, free trade from Panama to Canada.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I don't have an issue with citizens of the United States of America calling themselves "Americans" because they are. Sort of like citizens of England can be called Britons (because of their living in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, and which is shared with Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish) or Europeans (although many don't consider them such because they are on islands off Europe and not part of the continental mainland). Citizens of the USA have every right to refer to themselves as American, but by the same token so do Canadians, Mexians, Argentinians, Colombians, et al. And what else are we supposed to call them? USAdians?

On the other hand, it does bug the anal retentive and precise part of me when people talk about the United States as "America" because America IS two continents, not just one nation.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh well...we're not going anywhere.

:lol::lol::lol: