What Americans really think.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Will the Obama Administration's plan to save the U.S. economy actually help the markets? CNBC's Rick Santelli on Thursday sparked a revolution of sorts on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade.
Santelli's televised rebuke has been heard around the world. From The Chicago Tribune to TV Newser, read what others are saying about his rant...

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Will the Obama Administration's plan to save the U.S. economy actually help the markets? CNBC's Rick Santelli on Thursday sparked a revolution of sorts on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade.
Santelli's televised rebuke has been heard around the world. From The Chicago Tribune to TV Newser, read what others are saying about his rant...

Primarily they are saying he lost it and was having a break down of some sort. Somehow this is newsworthy?

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
What Americans really think? Do Americans think? Sorry, couldn’t resist that one.

Sure we think. We think you Canadians are the embodiment of Officer Carl Levitt played by Ron Carey in the 1970's American TV sitcom 'Barney Miller'. An urbane version of Barney Fife.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sure we think. We think you Canadians are the embodiment of Officer Carl Levitt played by Ron Carey in the 1970's American TV sitcom 'Barney Miller'. An urbane version of Barney Fife.

Maybe so ... but even a dumb Canadian like me knows Ranch Hand used C-123's and not the C-130 you depict.....

Grow a sense of Ha-ha and step out of the Hollywood world.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Will the Obama Administration's plan to save the U.S. economy actually help the markets?

This is an insane question!

Where do the Americans think the money comes from that their government borrows? I predicted the first market crash that followed the first bailout. The reason is simple: the money the US borrows comes from the exchange. When they borrow the markets suffer - the whole economy suffers.

I couldn't believe it when the news then announced the market was suffering because of the sub prime fiascle!!!! NO IT WASN'T! It's suffering because the government pulled all that capitol out of the market!

I got a kick out of Warren Buffet gingerly dancing around this fact in an interview. I supposed that it was a best kept secret on Wall Street. MAybe he likes being the only person who knows when the market is going to go down.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Yup, Obama sure knows what to do. More taxes for a society already at the breaking point. Hmmmmm 1776 all over again.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
In my neck of the woods the new feeling of being spent into infinity feels so good many don't have the time to sound off because they don't stop to think about the debt their grandchildren will carry toget us out of the mess. Lets wait and see what the returns on the investment will be in one year.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Anyone earning over 200 thou a year is the target for the increased taxes,and the weeping asnd wailing of these wealthy is filling the airwaves[must all be republicans!] The NRA is also stating that Obama is after their guns. Damned idiots!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Anyone earning over 200 thou a year is the target for the increased taxes,and the weeping asnd wailing of these wealthy is filling the airwaves[must all be republicans!] The NRA is also stating that Obama is after their guns. Damned idiots!

The thought that the rich and wealthy are all GOP members is a stretch. Ever hear of the Kennedy's? John Kerry and his wife... the heiress of the Heinze Ketchup Empire...Hollywood? The Gore's? Clinton's?

Hardly Republicans.