Our Modern Slavery

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Zeitgeist: Addendum

I don't know how many people have watched this but it's very fascinating. It's refreshing to see an accurate documentary for once.

It loses me at about the 60 minute mark but up 'till then it's a great movie IMO. (I don't think technology is the end all be all the movie seems to think it is.)

And to cut off the perpetual nay sayers before they have a chance to start their whining: this isn't a conspiracy theory - it is all fact; conspiracy theory requires denial as proof and there is non of that in it. It might be crap (I don't think so) but it certainly isn't conspiracy theory - it's just conspiracy. ;-)

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Uhm. Its not fact. Its by and large garbage and things taken out of context and dressed up to sound very official to people who no actual background knowledge on the subject.

Facts are true and verifiable. This is by and large fearmongering and ignorance of basic facts. Blaming shadow organizations for basic human nature and never answering the basic question of why.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Uhm. Its not fact. Its by and large garbage and things taken out of context and dressed up to sound very official to people who no actual background knowledge on the subject.

Facts are true and verifiable. This is by and large fearmongering and ignorance of basic facts. Blaming shadow organizations for basic human nature and never answering the basic question of why.

This isn't a counter argument - it's a rant.

Do you have any facts to back up your claims?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
This isn't a counter argument - it's a rant.

Do you have any facts to back up your claims?

Yes, thats why Im a step above Zeitgeist.

I could point things out one at a time, but you won't believe it anyways, and honestly, this site does a more complete job because they were willing to spend more than 5 minutes bothering to debunk outright blatant lies.

The Addendum follows more of the same.

Edit: My bad, this link didn't follow through

Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked - Introduction - Conspiracy Science

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Zeitgiest is definetly another way to look at things..but not necessarily the only way,,,It's not without truth ,,Was a eye opener for sure!

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Yes, thats why Im a step above Zeitgeist.

I could point things out one at a time, but you won't believe it anyways, and honestly, this site does a more complete job because they were willing to spend more than 5 minutes bothering to debunk outright blatant lies.

The Addendum follows more of the same.

Oh I see, it offends your precious sky god.... :roll:

If you want me to believe a claim then you need to support that claim. To my knowledge the first half of Addendum is true and accurate. If you know otherwise then post it. Don't wuss out with "but you wouldn't believe me anyway." I will always believe a good and solid argument (yes that is subject to my seeing it as such but that's just life and how it works).

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Uh huh, sky god?

Seriously? Anyone with even 5 minutes of education on Horus or any of the other deities listed knows that all the crap he tries to pin between them and Jesus is bunk. None of them are Virgin Births, none of them (including Jesus) have anything to do with Dec. 25th and only Jesus actually has the tale of being crucified (a roman punishment thats documented, and also given to Spartacus and his rebels) and then risen up three days later.

I mean serious, implying that "God's Sun" is the same as "God's Son", ya..right up until you speak a language other than English..or come to face with the fact that the sun god is not the creator god in most ancient religions,

etc etc.

again, sorry the much more complete site I linked to didn't show up when I hit post, not sure why.

Zeitgeist fails because it doesn't give sources, and if you actually research its claims yourself, they turn out to be at best out of context and most often blatant lies fabricated from thin air.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I had a pretty good idea how it all worked, and that doc certainly helps clarify a few things for me. The world population is huge now, what's going to happen as the mushroom expands? More people, fewer resources, fewer dollars, more competition, more violence, I'm scared. Are we going to end up just killing each other for food? Seems like the best plan now is to get your hands on as many resources and possessions as one can.

One thing for sure, we're probably going to stick down this path, and eventually we'll all be screwed... depression and dark ages...

Good job SF! Your right, its not conspiracy theory, its just conspiracy.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
alley,

Think about this. To my knowledge there has never been a culture that ate carnivore meat on a regular basis. I believe that is because it is third hand protein. Remember that when we start eating each other. Make a list of all the vegetarians you know and where they live. Could be important in the near future. Wouldn't want to eat any carnivores as they are most likely toxic waste. :)

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
alley,

Think about this. To my knowledge there has never been a culture that ate carnivore meat on a regular basis. I believe that is because it is third hand protein. Remember that when we start eating each other. Make a list of all the vegetarians you know and where they live. Could be important in the near future. Wouldn't want to eat any carnivores as they are most likely toxic waste. :)

Your right, the veggies are gonna be the ones with the tender meat. They're all lean, but hopefully not stringy. Plus, what parts are the most desired? Seems to me that parts like the face would be low in value.

That or could catch/hunt/grow your own food out in the bush.

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Uh huh, sky god?

Seriously? Anyone with even 5 minutes of education on Horus or any of the other deities listed knows that all the crap he tries to pin between them and Jesus is bunk. None of them are Virgin Births, none of them (including Jesus) have anything to do with Dec. 25th and only Jesus actually has the tale of being crucified (a roman punishment thats documented, and also given to Spartacus and his rebels) and then risen up three days later.

I mean serious, implying that "God's Sun" is the same as "God's Son", ya..right up until you speak a language other than English..or come to face with the fact that the sun god is not the creator god in most ancient religions,

etc etc.

again, sorry the much more complete site I linked to didn't show up when I hit post, not sure why.

Zeitgeist fails because it doesn't give sources, and if you actually research its claims yourself, they turn out to be at best out of context and most often blatant lies fabricated from thin air.

Alright, you're talking about a different movie: the first one. This one is different.

I disagree with your assesement of Horus, he was born of a virgin, and Dec 25 was Mithra's birthday.

I did check out the first movie very throughly. Remember I was religious once and these things matter to me.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
What would save us, but unfortunately would never happen, would be a "Year of Jubilee". That's from Moses' time where every fifty years ALL debts private and public would be forgiven, and the slate wiped clean.

Imagine that as your campaign sword: "If elected, we will have a year of Jubilee..."8O

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
What would save us, but unfortunately would never happen, would be a "Year of Jubilee". That's from Moses' time where every fifty years ALL debts private and public would be forgiven, and the slate wiped clean.

Imagine that as your campaign sword: "If elected, we will have a year of Jubilee..."8O

That would be a good idea. I suppose that was the purpose: to keep evil schemes like the one we now live under from happening. It would certainly keep inflation in check.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
It's not that hopeless. When people get hungry they will tear it all down and rebuild.

Hopefully, but still, maybe hungry enough, but capable to tear down such a huge wall? Overthrow an entire world system? I find it more likely that one day the Corporatocracy will impose a cashless system and tag every human with a microchip. That chip being your ID, your credit, your debt, your everything. Sounds like a horrible sci-fi movie to me.

Last edited:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Alright, you're talking about a different movie: the first one. This one is different.

I disagree with your assesement of Horus, he was born of a virgin, and Dec 25 was Mithra's birthday.

I did check out the first movie very throughly. Remember I was religious once and these things matter to me.

Horus was born of Isis and Osiris, its a pretty famous story that anyone who takes even basic Egyptian history knows, Set kills Osiris and cuts him into tiny pieces, feeding his genitals to a fish. His wife, Isis, gathers the pieces, put them togethor, fashions a new phallus for him out of gold and uses magic to bring him back to life. They knock boots and Isis concieves Horus.

Thats not a virgin Birth, that has nothing to do with a virgin birth.

Mitra as a Vedic (and then Hindu) Diety was not born. Mithra as absorbed into post Hindu Zoroastianism was created at the birth of the universe.

When rome annexed areas the worship became part of secret cults who operated in a way more similar to lodges or freemasons, less about any faith beliefs and more about joining a secret club and getting contacts. And became the basis for the word Mystery.

None of this requires more than basic fact checking.

This level of outright lies to try and make a point (Through falsehoods) is why the entire series is crap.

If ford made "The Edsel II" I wouldn't trust it by default.

There are some valid concepts in Addendum about monetary and politics systems, but they are drenched in half truths, lies and conspiracy theories that just spoil any debate about actual merits.