It Can Happen only in Texas.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Texas (George Bush’s Texas) is famous for its anti-homosexual hatred, they have laws on the books trashing homosexuality and they are not afraid to use them.

Homosexuality used to be a crime in Texas punishable by 10 years of imprisonment. A few years ago, police, acting on an anonymous tip, raided a house, broke down the door, stormed inside and caught a couple in a homosexual act. The couple was charged with homosexuality and imprisoned (eventually released on bail).

The couple was charged with felony and Texas government fought the case tooth and nail, all the way to the Supreme Court. Eventually sanity prevailed and Supreme Court declared the Texas Sodomy law unconstitutional.

In light of this what happened in San Antonio shopping mall should come as no surprise. A pair of smooching twentysomething female shoppers were arrested there at the Rolling Oaks Mall in December and now face criminal charges that range from trespassing to assaulting an officer of the law.

Mall spokesperson Les Morris says there's no mall policy against kissing. "Our code of conduct prohibits behavior that is disruptive to our shopping environment," he says. "Rest assured that we enforce our code of conduct in a nondiscriminatory manner."

Says Donna Lieberman, director of the New York Civil Liberties Union: "A mall can't give shoppers a kiss-off based on gender, at least certainly here in New York and hopefully in Texas as well.

"If two women kissing is a problem in a mall, but a boy and girl kissing is not, then this is a discriminatory policy."

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Anyway this reinforces the reputation of USA (and especially the Bible Belt) as being hostile to gays, of actively persecuting gays.

Kissing is no crime, say women arrested in San Antonio mall

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I'm not so sure SJP. Something is definitely goin' on with the little guy in the happin' suit

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
SJP closed with "It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Anyway this reinforces the reputation of USA (and especially the Bible Belt) as being hostile to gays, of actively persecuting gays."

Ypu may be in error as gay-tor aid is widely drunk by lusty American men in shorts and/or spandex.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
SJP closed with "It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Anyway this reinforces the reputation of USA (and especially the Bible Belt) as being hostile to gays, of actively persecuting gays."

Ypu may be in error as gay-tor aid is widely drunk by lusty American men in shorts and/or spandex.

Gatorade? That is sissy drink. I would think the macho men from Texas wouldn’t touch anything other than Kentucky bourbon (or perhaps the moonshine).

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Them Texans are crazy. How the hell could you outlaw this....

It should be on every street corner!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Maybe it has to do with the fact that not all lesbians look like that, and men seem less keen on this on every street corner.

Men seem to only appreciate the 'lesbians' that they can fantasize they have a shot with.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Maybe it has to do with the fact that not all lesbians look like that, and men seem less keen on this on every street corner.

Men seem to only appreciate the 'lesbians' that they can fantasize they have a shot with.

Now that's just sick...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Now that's just sick...

Well that's your opinion. It ain't my thing, but it's not my place to claim that it's sick. Love is subjective and takes on many forms, even ones that don't "do it" for me.

If you think that's sick go see 2 girls 1 cup somewhere online.... I think you might end up pleasently suprised. :p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Now that's just sick...

see? Men are all about lesbianism until it's two real people who are definitely not into men.

Personally while not my type, they're just fine, and I'd have no more issue seeing them kiss on a street corner than I do seeing your fake chicks kiss. lol.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
see? Men are all about lesbianism until it's two real people who are definitely not into men.

Personally while not my type, they're just fine, and I'd have no more issue seeing them kiss on a street corner than I do seeing your fake chicks kiss. lol.

Karrie, these days we wonder about the morality of the Old South, to us it doesn’t make sense.

In the Old South, men were polite to the women, chivalry was very much alive. They would address a woman as ‘ma’am’ open the door for her etc. However, let her apply for admission to a university, or try to compete with men on equal footing in the work force, they would come down upon the woman hard. Today we find this morality difficult to understand.

Similarly, the society 50 or 100 years from now will find our morality difficult to understand. It is perfectly OK for one man to kill another man, we show it on TV, even little kids watch it, no problem.

However, one man kissing another man is a social taboo, (‘now that’s just sick’), it is not discussed openly, mush less shown in television. Show one man killing another on TV, it won’t even cause remark, but show one man kissing another on TV, all Hell will break lose.

Just as we find the old morality difficult to understand (where people frowned upon telling a lie, or being rude to a woman, but stringing up a black man, lynching him was perfectly acceptable), the society of future will find our morality difficult to understand.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O Yup, well theys called social mores (mor rays), and they change over time.

So, they will

:evil3:(says so right ****in here, so suck it up!!!)

:laughing6:

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
In the old South: Putting a women on a golden pedestal was not considered a bad idea, the problem is that not all women would qualify or even want to be the target of man's adoration.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Sir, Did you get a chance to read this yet?

The prospects of same-sex marriage in California grew dimmer Thursday, when two Supreme Court justices who helped create the right for gays to marry in last year's historic decision expressed deep reservations about attempts to strike down a statewide referendum passed last fall to ban the practice. "You would have us choose between these two rights: the inalienable right to marry and the right of the people to change their constitution," said Justice Joyce L. Kennard, one of those two key judges. "You ask us to willy-nilly disregard the right of the people to change the constitution of the state of California. But all political power is inherent in the people of California."

Gay Marriage: Is California's Supreme Court Shifting? - TIME

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
If you Canadians would have no problem with taking your wife and young children to a mall and seeing the Nuggler and The Lone Wolf hugging and kissing one another,each with an emblem of the Canadian flag sewn on their jacket shoulders in a sort of Canadian military epaulette fashion statement, then I guess you should add that to the Canadian Great Accomplishments thread. Those two might be proud that they can do something like that in as public place as a mall, but they would be frowned upon by most Americans. Particularly at those malls that have Sears as an anchor store.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

I feel uncomfortable with either straight couples or gay couples kissing and
pretending there is no one else around, in a public place, and it can go on
for some time, I think they do it to attract attention, and not because they
are unaware of anyone close by.
I was watching a kids ball game in the park one day, and a gay couple was
all over each other on the grass, clothes on, but it went on for quite
awhile, and obvious they were making a statement to everyone
who was close by, but no one can do anything about it, unless there was one
person present who is a gay hater, then there is trouble.
Many children in the area.