Obama! Sell Your The Territories.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Territories, American Samoa,Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island,Jarvis Island,Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands,Navassa Island Northern ·Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Wake Island.

If America were to sell these islands to the highest bidder then their debt would be greatly reduced.

The people on these island territories don’t want to become American states and don’t want to contribute their fair share.

They rather just accept handouts from the American people.

President Obama should tell the people on these islands either become states or be sold. I am sure China would be interested on buying them and then the American government will be out of debt.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You've conducted individual opinion polls on American Samoa,Baker Island, Guam,
Howland Island,Jarvis Island,Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands,
Navassa Island Northern ·Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands,
and Wake Island to back up your claims of knowing what these people think or want
to back up your statement?

If not, can you please post the link showing where someone else has done this, to back
up your claim?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Territories, American Samoa,Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island,Jarvis Island,Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands,Navassa Island Northern ·Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Wake Island.

If America were to sell these islands to the highest bidder then their debt would be greatly reduced.

The people on these island territories don’t want to become American states and don’t want to contribute their fair share.

They rather just accept handouts from the American people.

President Obama should tell the people on these islands either become states or be sold. I am sure China would be interested on buying them and then the American government will be out of debt.

I'm sure someone's fair share is being extracted. But who wants to pay their fair share anyway?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
So what is the underlining principle here?

That while it isn't right for people to posses people as chattel it is OK for a community of people to own another community of people as chattel. Is that what "country" really means? A method of ownership that would otherwise be deplorable?

It seems so in the case of Canada and Quebec and here too in the case that the USA could just sell off possessions (some of which are people) for profit.

Personally I think this is exactly so and one reason I oppose the idea of the nation state and hold the concept as evil.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
IF Puerto Rico doesn't want to be an American state, why do they keep applying to become a state?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
To get the money
Puerto Rico voted down statehood less than ten years ago I think.
It's time for these terretories to put up or shut up.

The american taxpayer is suffering in a catastrophic event.

States have to contribute not so with the terretories.