Specimens of voter quality.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Please give examples of voters you know or have met whom you really think shouldn't be allowed to vote, or at least be sent back to school.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'll start with an example.

I remember one lady who asked why Australia is not flooded, in fact so dry, when it's at the bottom of the world. One would think with all the water flowing south Australia ought to be under water.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
One man I'd met said that military spending is the best way out of a recession; it creates jobs without displacing civilian jobs (people still have to spend for civilian services) while consuming alot of resources like fuel, ammo, etc., thus creating alot of manufacturing jobs. And since ammo isn't reusable, it guarantees a continuous market. Wow, what beautiful logic. Wouldn't hiring people to build houses and then blow them up and repeat the process indefinitely achieve the same objective?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I've know one person who votes for a particular party because her parents voted for it. I've also read comments from another in the newspaper who did the same, and have heard stories that apparently this is common!

Eek!