Obama picks a scientist for Energy Chief

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I'm really getting to like this Obama fella. A scientist for a scientific post - who'd of thunk it!!!!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama is likely to name Steven Chu, a physicist who runs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, as his energy secretary, three Democratic officials close to the transition said.
Steven Chu explains his Nobel-winning theory on superfreezing gases in 1997.

The three officials said the announcement is expected next week in Chicago, Illinois

I guess I'm biased. I have a Bsc. But all of the previous administration had some political flunky as Energy Secretary and it was horrific listening to them explain the economic/scientific principles.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What's with all the smart people going into government? Takes the fun out of it.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I do know Stephen Chu and in my book he is the most qualified person to ever serve at this Cabinet level in any US government. Like Tyr stated this is unusual for such top quality people to even be recruited for a position of this importance. I look forward to Chu's leadership. I just hope the politics part doesn't discourage him.