Sarah what did you do?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
That's why they don't let her talk much.

Same was true of GWB......and lil Stevie Harper.:lol:

Cons don't like questions and they certainly don't like giving answers.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Gee with the Zeus..... Geezuz!

If that was her best defense and explination on her forign policy, then they should elect me ffs.

Hell, Maine is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Nova Scotia..... Spain is just over there accross the pond as we all know.... and when a body of water is called a pond, it can't be that big can it?

Heck, I had a guy from Brazil in my classes in College, I have a Cuban who married into the family...... give me a 6 figure salary!

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
It's kinda sad!! I had big hopes for Sarah...she's up there with Belinda Stronach in my books now... Still like McCain I think he's sane and down to earth but oh boy his running mate doesn't do much for "women in power"

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You saw the real Sarah Palin, without speech writers. I'm sure she's getting coaching but she's obviously playing out of her league. Biden is going to stomp on her in the VP debate.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
To be fair, the expectation that any contender have "real foreign policy experience" is stupid. None of them do.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Its not that, but the way she carried herself. She looked nervous and overwhelmed. Her answers were almost child-like intellectually.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Very child like, this has been a huge mistake on McCains part, and very unfair to Sarah Palin. His strategy was to bring in a woman, and bring the evangelists on board, as they
don't approve of him. I'm sure his own party is cringing every time she opens her mouth
now. The honeymoon is over, and real life begins for her, and she is lost.
The thought of her actually becoming president is very scary. One could go around the
country and pick out thousands and thousands of people (women or men) who could
make a better showing as a potential v.p. If he wins and then dies, what will happen,
they will have to have a cabinet to lead her around by the nose, and tell her everything
she has to do. What freedom for many who would like to get their hands on big decisions,
just as Dick Cheney has done over the years.
If I were her, I would be 'praying' every night that McCain loses, so that she can go back to
Alaska and pick up where she left off.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Biden is going to stomp on her in the VP debate.
You mean this Biden?

Biden: “Stand Up, Chuck!” - Gaffe For the Ages or Just a Poorly Delivered Compliment?
by Treadmarkz
Anyone who frequents YouTube has probably seen the video of Democratic Vice Presidential Candidate Joseph Biden speaking on the campaign trail recently when he mentioned Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham’s name. This prompted Biden to say to Graham “Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see ya.”
One problem: Graham is in a wheelchair.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Geez, Guys....it was a joke, just an off-the-cuff comment. Big deal!!!!!

It wasn't a joke... she actually claimed right then and there that she had forign experience, and she just explained in her own babbling words why..... and it was stupid.

If she had any real forign experience, she would have easily explained a few examples where she was involved first hand with a situation (Any situation) that involved forign experience, like anybody who really had any would.

She didn't, because she doesn't..... so she went on this all over the place banter about Canada being on one side and Russia being over on the other side, blah blah blah.

If she had forign experience, then she could have brought out at least on example where she was involved in some kind of marketing trade, some communications with anybody from anywhere outside of the US..... anything would have worked....

but she didn't.

She didn't want to get caught in a lie and having to say that she doesn't have any.

So she acted like some kid who didn't bother to study for her exam and try and wing it.

And she failed and has to goto summer school now.

It is a big deal, because she's lying her ass off.

She would have been a lot better off if she or McCain never mentioned anything about forign experience..... They did, now she's foked.

^ That's what you have to look forward to if you vote for that pair of goof balls.

"bwaa..... um... you mean there are other countries outside of the United States? Sh*t, I thought we'd have conquered them all by now so I wouldn't have to worry about remembering stuff."

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Its not that, but the way she carried herself. She looked nervous and overwhelmed. Her answers were almost child-like intellectually.

Exactly..... what is she going to do if she gets into office, McCain kicks the ol' western spittoon bucket and everybody's looking at her for the answers?

How is she going to react when another leader of another nation asks her some tough questions?

Pump her arm in the air and start shouting "USA USA USA USA USA?"

Yeah, that'll impress everyone.... sure it might work in the campaign surrounded by other Americans to ignore the issues, but when you're stuck in front of countless others, outside of your own country..... that's not going to get you out of the fix.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Hell, Maine is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Nova Scotia..... Spain is just over there accross the pond as we all know.... and when a body of water is called a pond, it can't be that big can it?

Lol. Don't forget Saint-Pierre et Miquelon :lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Very child like, this has been a huge mistake on McCains part, and very unfair to Sarah Palin. His strategy was to bring in a woman, and bring the evangelists on board, as they
don't approve of him. I'm sure his own party is cringing every time she opens her mouth
now. The honeymoon is over, and real life begins for her, and she is lost.
The thought of her actually becoming president is very scary. One could go around the
country and pick out thousands and thousands of people (women or men) who could
make a better showing as a potential v.p. If he wins and then dies, what will happen,
they will have to have a cabinet to lead her around by the nose, and tell her everything
she has to do. What freedom for many who would like to get their hands on big decisions,
just as Dick Cheney has done over the years.
If I were her, I would be 'praying' every night that McCain loses, so that she can go back to
Alaska and pick up where she left off.

I personally have a strong feeling that the election isn't going to be completed, so whoever they picked won't matter anyways.... all they need are distractions all the while this bail out crisis unfolds and give Bush time to enact a state of emergency.

Well.... that's one of three different outcomes.... but seems the most plausable at this present time. Why else would Bush call the two of them to the white house so close to the debate? Obama wants the debate to go on as they say, Bush requests the two of them to show up, he can't say no, because that's look bad on him, then they unload a bunch of red tape and legal mumbo jumbo to delay both of them so they can't have the debate....

The whole deal is crumbling as we speak, no matter which reports you read..... it's all a lost cause, and all they're doing now is wasting time.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
You saw the real Sarah Palin, without speech writers. I'm sure she's getting coaching but she's obviously playing out of her league. Biden is going to stomp on her in the VP debate.
And McCain campaign is calling to move VP debate onto "unspecified date."
I'm thinking, ")@@%(*&@%."
After all that "NOT FIT TO LEAD" and "NOT READY," My Gosh...
I bet right-wing republicans are making fists at McCain.
If not, they got issue.

Reactions: mabudon

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
And McCain campaign is calling to move VP debate onto "unspecified date."
I'm thinking, ")@@%(*&@%."
After all that "NOT FIT TO LEAD" and "NOT READY," My Gosh...
I bet right-wing republicans are making fists at McCain.
If not, they got issue.

Well Palin just got an extension of a few days on releasing her financial records until exactly one day after her debate..... how convenient for her.

The whole system is setup in favor of the Republicans.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Praxius,
Maybe this is the time for the Council on Foreign realtions to spring the NAU on all of us. I know they are heavily involved in this negotiation on the bailout using their membership in the White House and Congress. Give Palin a break. She has been trying to take Condi moose hunting but the invites go unanswered. Those home spun girls are usually characters and this one is no exception. She sure isn't a TV type personality is she?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Praxius,
Maybe this is the time for the Council on Foreign realtions to spring the NAU on all of us. I know they are heavily involved in this negotiation on the bailout using their membership in the White House and Congress. Give Palin a break. She has been trying to take Condi moose hunting but the invites go unanswered. Those home spun girls are usually characters and this one is no exception. She sure isn't a TV type personality is she?

Well she might be a big hot shot way up there in Alaska, but she doesn't seem to know how to handle herself outside of a predictable environment.

Added:

On a side note, I see that McCain is finally heading to the Debate at the last second..... so I guess it's still on.

Scenario 1 of 3 down.