Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
John McCain's 44-year-old running mate soon to be a grandma

September 02, 2008
Rosie DiManno
Columnist

ST. PAUL–Baby mamas: Probably not what Republicans were expecting from their prospective Second Family.
A bun in the Easy Bake oven, oh Lord.
All those children looked good on Sarah Palin when the attractive Alaska governor was first trotted out by John McCain as his audacious choice for running mate, both American parties vying for family values distinction.
A five-pack of kids, from infant to 19-year-old son about to ship out for Iraq, as wholesome and virtuous an image as could be desired.
From a socially conservative GOP prospective – the party base, as everyone keeps saying – such values would probably include abstinence for young teenage daughters, insofar as these things can possibly be imposed.
Turns out Palin is about to become a grandma in ... about four months. Her 17-year-old daughter Bristol, as the family confirmed in a statement released yesterday, is pregnant. The girl plans to keep the baby and wed the father – yet another teenage marriage springing from unplanned pregnancy. Too young to vote for her mom but old enough to make babies, take a spouse, grow up real fast.
On Day 1 of what was already an extraordinary convention, politicking allegedly kept to a minimum at least until Hurricane Gustav exhausts itself in the Gulf states, the buzz was suddenly about a private family matter exposed by blogging boobs, Palin and her husband forced to dispel vicious Internet rumours – that the couple's youngest, a boy born with Down syndrome in April, was actually Bristol's baby, the secret hidden in a switcheroo domestic cover-up.
Team McCain quickly announced the presumptive presidential nominee knew all about Bristol's pregnancy and the fact of it was irrelevant. Democratic contender Barack Obama, to his credit, reminded that he was the son of a teenage mother, declared children off limits in a political campaign and warned reporters to back off the story.
Well, of course it's a private matter, and Bristol Palin is not the one running for office, her own life caught up in the vortex of an election campaign. But there's no privacy in politics, not when such details reflect directly on values espoused by the candidate-parent.
Sarah Palin does not favour access to contraceptives in schools, is no fan of sex ed (would also like to see creationism taught alongside science in the classroom) and is passionately anti-choice, even when pregnancy results from rape and accepts abortion only when the life of the mother is in physical danger.
Now that the dilemma has come right into the heart of her household, she has displayed no hypocrisy as, indeed, she cleaved to her views when discovering that she was carrying a baby with a serious genetic condition.
All of this earned Palin much sympathy here yesterday, with delegates and beyond – evangelicals applauding Bristol's "choice," though some did make reference to forgiving the "sinner," when they're not so quick to forgive "sinners" who aren't related to the Republican vice-presidential nominee.
Palin and her husband professed their unconditional love and pride in Bristol, which was hardly necessary. No one doubts they love their daughter, even with an expanding waistline. But pride? Where does pride fit in here – that a 17-year-old is predisposed, probably because of her family's influence, to bring a baby into the world, accepting but surely not grasping all the difficulties it will likely entail, even with a supportive family?
McCain's VP selection energized the party, even as many were scratching their heads over the merits of this largely inexperienced 44-year-old politician unknown outside Alaska, a reformer often at odds – as McCain also has been – with senior touts in her party. McCain broke with convention to tag a woman, one from way outside the Beltway, in her first gubernatorial term and with no expertise in foreign policy – putting a raw rookie one heartbeat away from the White House, should Republicans prevail. That effectively took the edge off McCain's primary criticism of Obama as too scrubeenie for the Oval Office.
Was this all simply about a view to a womb, getting a dame on the ticket? Because this aspiring VP, whatever her personal charm and energy, could not possibly be more unacceptable a choice to those 18 million women who voted for Hillary Clinton in the primaries, if anyone thought Palin might inherit those ballots. She's a right-wing man in a skirt and fetching up-do.
More obviously, McCain was appealing to the extremities of his own party, shoring up weaknesses in his electoral base, giving righteous Republicans – many who'd claimed they would not vote for him, herded into the anti-McCain movement by ultra-conservative commentators – a reason to forgive some of his heretical positions.
It is a risky gambit – gains made in the reactionary realm offset by losses among independents and moderate Democrats.
A gun-toting hockey mom brought colourful character to the ticket. But McCain surely never wanted abortion to become a defining issue in this election.
Too bad there's no morning-after pill for poor political judgment.

http://www.thestar.com/News/USElection/article/488818

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
"Palin and her husband forced to dispel vicious Internet rumours – that the couple's youngest, a boy born with Down syndrome in April, was actually Bristol's baby, the secret hidden in a switcheroo domestic cover-up."

That just shows right there how much she can be trusted, not to mention the cover-up routine everybody's used to from the Republicans hasn't changed one bit. Whether or not her daughter's pregnancy is a factor in the election or not, if she and other Republicans didn't think it was an issue and shouldn't be brought to attention, then why "Cover it Up" in the first place?

To buy some time to get her daughter to accept that she's going to get married to save her mother's career and reputation?

Wouldn't suprise me.

I have yet to hear whether or not the child with down syndrome is actually hers.... one, she's 44, and two.... she returns to work 3 days after given birth to the child? Now I know women in their 40's can still have children, but most usually lose that ability around this time due to menopause, which can range between 40 (Early Menopause) up to 60 (Late) So I even admit there is a window of a chance.... and I've even heard of women returning to their work within days of given birth to their child...... but.... this situation sure as heck isn't cut and dry, black and white with simple answers. To me, it's all a little too coincidental to just barely skim by questionable situations like that.

But I'd also like to point out that this situation and her principles match up exactly to what I have been saying forever now.... that refusing sexual education, telling your kids that condoms and birth control are sins, and promoting abstinence, doesn't work...... in fact, ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away..... which is all that abstinence does..... it's nothing but "Just Don't Do it" and then the discussion is over.

Regardless, there's plenty of questions and uncertainty surrounding her, her values, and her values matching up with how she lives her personal life..... not to mention her experience and abilities to run the United States, her forign affairs, her ability to understand the needs of the other States that she has lived so far away from for so long......

... to me, if I was voting (which I'm not) it has to boil down to trust, and I don't have any for her, let alone McCain. If anything, him picking her is just a simple ploy to muddy the waters to give him a remote chance of winning.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I know several women who had children in mid 40s. So that's kind of a non-starter as an argument.
The odds of having a child with Downs increases significantly as the mother gets older, so that's actually more on the side of Palin.
And taking only a few days off is not at all unusual for self employed and/or professional women, who don't have the luxury of being paid to stay home.

That said, I'm certainly no republican fanboy, and I'm laughing my ass off at the way those who make morality a big issue are often the first to get bitten in the ass. Maybe since McCain can't figure out how many houses he owns, Palin will have the same trouble with how many kids she has.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
"Palin and her husband forced to dispel vicious Internet rumours – that the couple's youngest, a boy born with Down syndrome in April, was actually Bristol's baby, the secret hidden in a switcheroo domestic cover-up."

That just shows right there how much she can be trusted, not to mention the cover-up routine everybody's used to from the Republicans hasn't changed one bit. Whether or not her daughter's pregnancy is a factor in the election or not, if she and other Republicans didn't think it was an issue and shouldn't be brought to attention, then why "Cover it Up" in the first place?

To buy some time to get her daughter to accept that she's going to get married to save her mother's career and reputation?

Wouldn't suprise me.

I have yet to hear whether or not the child with down syndrome is actually hers.... one, she's 44, and two.... she returns to work 3 days after given birth to the child? Now I know women in their 40's can still have children, but most usually lose that ability around this time due to menopause, which can range between 40 (Early Menopause) up to 60 (Late) So I even admit there is a window of a chance.... and I've even heard of women returning to their work within days of given birth to their child...... but.... this situation sure as heck isn't cut and dry, black and white with simple answers. To me, it's all a little too coincidental to just barely skim by questionable situations like that.

But I'd also like to point out that this situation and her principles match up exactly to what I have been saying forever now.... that refusing sexual education, telling your kids that condoms and birth control are sins, and promoting abstinence, doesn't work...... in fact, ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away..... which is all that abstinence does..... it's nothing but "Just Don't Do it" and then the discussion is over.

Regardless, there's plenty of questions and uncertainty surrounding her, her values, and her values matching up with how she lives her personal life..... not to mention her experience and abilities to run the United States, her forign affairs, her ability to understand the needs of the other States that she has lived so far away from for so long......

... to me, if I was voting (which I'm not) it has to boil down to trust, and I don't have any for her, let alone McCain. If anything, him picking her is just a simple ploy to muddy the waters to give him a remote chance of winning.

Abstinence works eveytime it is used.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
The baby must have been responsible for WTC 7's collapse...

Nobody's blaming the baby.... just the mother in politics who's manipulating her children for her own political agendas (She was the first to throw out her motherhood and parenting abilities, don't forget)

So if anything, she might be responsible for 9/11, but I don't think the baby is.... :p

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Abstinence works eveytime it is used.

Psh.... like marriages always work, so long as one doesn't cheat during the relationship.

Like Priests have been perfect in this practice, whom ended up molesting and sexually assaulting children they have influenced.

Staying the Course has worked so far too, I suppose?

How about many teens these days who don't considder oral and anal sex as not being "sex?" To them, they're still meeting their Abstinence pledge.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
John McCain's 44-year-old running mate soon to be a grandma

September 02, 2008
Rosie DiManno
Columnist

ST. PAUL–Baby mamas: Probably not what Republicans were expecting from their prospective Second Family.
A bun in the Easy Bake oven, oh Lord.
All those children looked good on Sarah Palin when the attractive Alaska governor was first trotted out by John McCain as his audacious choice for running mate, both American parties vying for family values distinction.
A five-pack of kids, from infant to 19-year-old son about to ship out for Iraq, as wholesome and virtuous an image as could be desired.
From a socially conservative GOP prospective – the party base, as everyone keeps saying – such values would probably include abstinence for young teenage daughters, insofar as these things can possibly be imposed.
Turns out Palin is about to become a grandma in ... about four months. Her 17-year-old daughter Bristol, as the family confirmed in a statement released yesterday, is pregnant. The girl plans to keep the baby and wed the father – yet another teenage marriage springing from unplanned pregnancy. Too young to vote for her mom but old enough to make babies, take a spouse, grow up real fast.
On Day 1 of what was already an extraordinary convention, politicking allegedly kept to a minimum at least until Hurricane Gustav exhausts itself in the Gulf states, the buzz was suddenly about a private family matter exposed by blogging boobs, Palin and her husband forced to dispel vicious Internet rumours – that the couple's youngest, a boy born with Down syndrome in April, was actually Bristol's baby, the secret hidden in a switcheroo domestic cover-up.
Team McCain quickly announced the presumptive presidential nominee knew all about Bristol's pregnancy and the fact of it was irrelevant. Democratic contender Barack Obama, to his credit, reminded that he was the son of a teenage mother, declared children off limits in a political campaign and warned reporters to back off the story.
Well, of course it's a private matter, and Bristol Palin is not the one running for office, her own life caught up in the vortex of an election campaign. But there's no privacy in politics, not when such details reflect directly on values espoused by the candidate-parent.
Sarah Palin does not favour access to contraceptives in schools, is no fan of sex ed (would also like to see creationism taught alongside science in the classroom) and is passionately anti-choice, even when pregnancy results from rape and accepts abortion only when the life of the mother is in physical danger.
Now that the dilemma has come right into the heart of her household, she has displayed no hypocrisy as, indeed, she cleaved to her views when discovering that she was carrying a baby with a serious genetic condition.
All of this earned Palin much sympathy here yesterday, with delegates and beyond – evangelicals applauding Bristol's "choice," though some did make reference to forgiving the "sinner," when they're not so quick to forgive "sinners" who aren't related to the Republican vice-presidential nominee.
Palin and her husband professed their unconditional love and pride in Bristol, which was hardly necessary. No one doubts they love their daughter, even with an expanding waistline. But pride? Where does pride fit in here – that a 17-year-old is predisposed, probably because of her family's influence, to bring a baby into the world, accepting but surely not grasping all the difficulties it will likely entail, even with a supportive family?
McCain's VP selection energized the party, even as many were scratching their heads over the merits of this largely inexperienced 44-year-old politician unknown outside Alaska, a reformer often at odds – as McCain also has been – with senior touts in her party. McCain broke with convention to tag a woman, one from way outside the Beltway, in her first gubernatorial term and with no expertise in foreign policy – putting a raw rookie one heartbeat away from the White House, should Republicans prevail. That effectively took the edge off McCain's primary criticism of Obama as too scrubeenie for the Oval Office.
Was this all simply about a view to a womb, getting a dame on the ticket? Because this aspiring VP, whatever her personal charm and energy, could not possibly be more unacceptable a choice to those 18 million women who voted for Hillary Clinton in the primaries, if anyone thought Palin might inherit those ballots. She's a right-wing man in a skirt and fetching up-do.
More obviously, McCain was appealing to the extremities of his own party, shoring up weaknesses in his electoral base, giving righteous Republicans – many who'd claimed they would not vote for him, herded into the anti-McCain movement by ultra-conservative commentators – a reason to forgive some of his heretical positions.
It is a risky gambit – gains made in the reactionary realm offset by losses among independents and moderate Democrats.
A gun-toting hockey mom brought colourful character to the ticket. But McCain surely never wanted abortion to become a defining issue in this election.
Too bad there's no morning-after pill for poor political judgment.

http://www.thestar.com/News/USElection/article/488818

It is hypocritical to be pro-life and hunt down bears and Elk for trophy or display purposes. Ms Sarah Palin is prolife, with a hypocritical tattoo on her forehead….
IF SHE LOVES LIFE SO MUCH HOW COME SHE WOULD TAKE NATURES CHILDREN KILL THEM AND DISPLAY THEM IN HERE HOME????????????????????.
A TOTAL CONSERVATIVE F HYPOCRITE………………..
http://twincities.indymedia.org/imagegallery/2008/sep/palin-sitting-bear-rug-it-her-home

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It is hypocritical to be pro-life and hunt down bears and Elk for trophy or display purposes. Ms Sarah Palin is prolife, with a hypocritical tattoo on her forehead….
IF SHE LOVES LIFE SO MUCH HOW COME SHE WOULD TAKE NATURES CHILDREN KILL THEM AND DISPLAY THEM IN HERE HOME????????????????????.

We're talking about HUMAN life here Socrates...Geezus! And they eat caribou, in case you didn't know.

Got to say, that is about the dumbest post I've seen on here.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It is hypocritical to be pro-life and hunt down bears and Elk for trophy or display purposes.Ms Sarah Palin is prolife, with a hypocritical tattoo on her forehead….

Wow...what a stretch!

I do not think it is hypocritical to be a hunter and pro-life. Perhaps PETA people might think so.

So...only Pro-Choice folks can be hunters and not be branded a hypocrit? Oh brother. :roll:

Natures children...crabs and bears...:lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We're talking about HUMAN life here Socrates...Geezus! And they eat caribou, in case you didn't know.

I know of another post that was even more stupid last week regarding McCaine's VP pick!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Wow...what a stretch!

I do not think it is hypocritical to be a hunter and pro-life. Perhaps PETA people might think so.

So...only Pro-Choice folks can be hunters and not be branded a hypocrit? Oh brother. :roll:

Natures children...crabs and bears...:lol:

YE NATURES CHILDREN CRABS AND BEARS.

He who loves life doesn’t stop with human life, loving life it should be inclusive to all living species of this planet……. Anything else is nothing but self serving BLAB LA BLABLA……………..

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I know of another post that was even more stupid last week regarding McCaine's VP pick!

Look at the truth, not the self serving truth……
She did not eat the bear or the crab in her living room, she loves the thought that man is more superior to nature………………

:roll:

Last edited:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
http://twincities.indymedia.org/imagegallery/2008/sep/palin-sitting-bear-rug-it-her-home

How does that make her a hypocrite?? Give me a break!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
How does that make her a hypocrite?? Give me a break!

Risus good pal, we are back at it again…….
He who loves life doesn’t kill something and display it at home being happy he or she was the one who pulled the trigger………..capish……….

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Sock.... Have you ever eaten a hamburger?

Hey LW, ye I have, we are not talking about nutritional value, I bet she never had any meat from the bear in here living room, this is classic example of how two face some pro-lifers are on the subject of prolife.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
What has a bearskin to do with abortion? You go on about intolerant cons and jackboots ... then be even more than intolerant. It would be only too easy to guess your problem is you don't like competition in that department.

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

To you this is the dumbest post because it shows the hypocrisy of the right. Why is right wingers preach about morals and such and can be the biggest violators?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Her daughter is a ****, isn't she? Oh, that's right, only godless liberals have ****ty teens.:roll::lol: