Bush and the Olympic Games

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Pres. Bush is in Japan today, and his first order of business was to defend his intention to attend the Olympic Opening Ceremonies in Beijing, China.
“I view the Olympics as an opportunity for me to cheer on our athletes,” Mr. Bush said, at a press conference in nearby Toyako, after the two leaders met privately. He said not going to the opening ceremony “would be an affront to the Chinese people” that might make it “more difficult to be able to speak frankly with the Chinese leadership.”
For that attitude I applaud Mr. Bush, even give him a standing ovation, plus 10 greenies!!!:lol:
Mr. Fukuda, PM of Japan, seemed to adopt the president’s reasoning. “Olympics are sports events,” the prime minister said, adding, “I don’t think you have to really link Olympics with politics.”
Bravo, Mr. Fukuda!!!
Other world leaders, including Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany and Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain, are skipping the opening ceremonies, and President Nicolas Sarkozy of France has indicated he may stay home as well.
I boo Angela Merkel!! She attended the recent soccer games, why not support the German Olympics team? She might still change her mind, seeing her idol, Mr. Bush, will attend.

By the way, today is Mr. Bush's 62nd birthday!!!
Oops, that was the wrong photo!!8O Let me try again....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISTER PRESIDENT!!! Enjoy the cake!:smile:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/world/asia/07prexy.html?ref=worl

Anyway, there's lots more than birthday and Olympics. Read the above link.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
They are playing hide and seek with me!!! Now the "wrong" photo appears twice!:roll:

Well, all good things are three!!
;-):lol: