Prisoners re-enter society

cvgturner

Apr 8, 2008
Hi everyone, I think that every person has his right to live in a society no matter even if he was a prisoner in his early life. Most of the prisoners are racial or ethnic minorities and have difficulty in re-entering the society as they are faced with poverty and this leads to crime for which they are re-arrested are convicted and re-incarcerated and this adds a burden on the government in respect of tax-payers. What are your views on this?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
If you can supply us with a formula that's convincing enough that a prisoner has been rehabilitated and won't become a repeat defender...bring it on!

Do you know what the recidivism rate is in Canada?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think you can fix em if you stop the behavior at a young age, after that it's a crap shoot though. My mother is a youth probation officer and she tells me all sorts of crazy stories of what young teens get busted for these days, the amount of money the government will throw at fixing their problems is astounding.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I actually know a fair number of ex-offenders that have gone on to live productive lives. The common thread is support, support, support and more support. For some it came from family, church, wives, girlfriends, government or charity programs for job training and placement, etc.