It is unbelievable

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
that is absolutely amazing. How will bush and his cronies sluff off this one. They are
spending so much time threatening Iran and Hezbollah and 'whoever' on 'whatever' day,
and mexican military are coming right onto their soil with weapons and threatening
the border guards (americans). That is more frightening than any ' cooked' up stories i've
heard from washington for some time.

Milko

Nominee Member
Mar 3, 2008
that is absolutely amazing. How will bush and his cronies sluff off this one. They are
spending so much time threatening Iran and Hezbollah and 'whoever' on 'whatever' day,
and mexican military are coming right onto their soil with weapons and threatening
the border guards (americans). That is more frightening than any ' cooked' up stories i've
heard from washington for some time.

I have no clue, but I am pretty sure stories like that will sunk due to current presidential election. Still it is even frightening when you think about it. Something like Soviet border security in Eastern Berlin is needed, or the country is ****ed. Guess where they are heading when American jobs are occupied? Exactly. And I met a group of Hispanics in my Catholic high school couple of years ago, they absolutely refuse to assimilate to either Francophone or Anglophone culture.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I have no clue, but I am pretty sure stories like that will sunk due to current presidential election. Still it is even frightening when you think about it. Something like Soviet border security in Eastern Berlin is needed, or the country is ****ed. Guess where they are heading when American jobs are occupied? Exactly. And I met a group of Hispanics in my Catholic high school couple of years ago, they absolutely refuse to assimilate to either Francophone or Anglophone culture.

:roll::roll::roll:

What the hell is this....year of the racist?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Sounds like a pile of crap if you ask me. I see no actual video in this showing Mexican soldiers doing anything in which they are claiming.

Not only that, but they have all these documents to prove so.... once again, BS.... I seen no documents.

They just claimed that two border officers from the US were "shot up" as they say...... Which two officers were shot? Names? None....

They asked the "Expert" why sould the Mex. Military help people to cross the borders of the US, and their basically up front answer was because they want to smuggle drugs into the US.... give me a break.

All you have is this know-it-all reporter claiming they're doing this.... yet no other news agency is backing this up? Wow, there's gotta be some major cover up going on. *rolls eyes*

She supplied no video proving what she's spewing on the video, she gave no names of those involved, who's been shot, etc. and I am pretty sure that if this was actually going on, it'd be a lot more known to the public then it currently is, for the simple fact of witnesses, families of the officers shot, hell... something would have been mentioned a long time ago.

Bottom line..... Fear Mongering. The hot topic today in the elections is the borders and immigration. More and more people are loosing support for the War on Drugs, so why not throw them both together and make one big boogyman to scare people? Iran's not working for people anymore, so let's scare them with this crap.

And that's all it is... crap.

We heard the names of the border officers who shot the drug smuggler and were charged, yet they kept the two officers shot a secret?

for what purpose? oh yes..... to fufill a lie to the public.

Lame. Until I hear some solid and valid evidence about this, it's crap.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I agree with the above.....partially.

I doubt itwas the Mexican military.........what, they saw ID?

BUT the border is a hotspot for all kinds of crime, people smuggling, drug running, and rape, murder and robbery of those unfortunates trying to find a better life in the USA.

Read Joeseph Wambaugh's book Lines and Shadows..........gives you some idea of the reality of the border south of San Diego.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I agree that there must be more evidence and other sources reporting the alleged incidents, BUT
that doesn't mean we should say it is 'false', as there is the possibility that it is 'true'.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I have a friend who works for the Border Patrol at Campo, CA. east of Tecate. His area goes east to the town of Jacumba. He says he does get shot at periodically but he thinks it is harrassment to intimidate. There are bullet holes in several vehicles and he thinks the "Coyotes" are behind this tactic. He thinks one of the calibers being used is a .50 caliber rifle. That would certainly intimidate me if I were doing his job.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It's amazing to me that George Bush won't go after 'real' terrorists right on the mexican
border, but he will spend billions to create a terrorist country in the middle east, while
ignoring the ones on his own border. Go figure.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well if it's true, it's true.... but when NBC interviews some reporter for some local newspaper in buck-fok nowhere, where she claims she has documents to prove her aligations (But adds no more details then that) and says she heard many locals reporting these incidences (Not herself witnessing any of this.... AKA: Hearsay) It raises some strong questions to how ligit this report is.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
talloola,
He can't do anything like threaten the cheap labor pool he and his co-investors need to keep the obscene profits numbers up. What does a few Border Patrolmen in a coffin do to him? All he does is send the usual form letter to the families with the rubber stamp of his signature in it. Costs to the US? How about a buck for the form, envelope and postage. So far he has totally ignored the fact that his goverenment has had two Border patrolmen sentenced to long prison terms over a shoot out with a known drug king. I' ll bet that is another infringement on another Bush business deal too. He doesn't care about us or this country.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
talloola,
He can't do anything like threaten the cheap labor pool he and his co-investors need to keep the obscene profits numbers up. What does a few Border Patrolmen in a coffin do to him? All he does is send the usual form letter to the families with the rubber stamp of his signature in it. Costs to the US? How about a buck for the form, envelope and postage. So far he has totally ignored the fact that his goverenment has had two Border patrolmen sentenced to long prison terms over a shoot out with a known drug king. I' ll bet that is another infringement on another Bush business deal too. He doesn't care about us or this country.

That's true, imagine a father in a family who doesn't give a sh*t about his wife or kids, then multiply it by 300 million.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
tallolla,
My only comforting thought is "eight and one half months of this crap to go." Then I ask can we handle more of the same? It is in the realm of possibility. That is when I want to run down to the Australian Consulate and get my Immigration papers.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
tallolla,
My only comforting thought is "eight and one half months of this crap to go." Then I ask can we handle more of the same? It is in the realm of possibility. That is when I want to run down to the Australian Consulate and get my Immigration papers.

I feel pretty good about 'what' the outcome will be in November. Hope I feel just as good
after the election. If the american people actually elect a republican again, then they
deserve what they get, the only thing wrong with that, is that their actions affect the rest of the world,
and they certainly need to change the posturing and arrogant attitude.
The u.s. are a very generous country, when it comes to helping others in need across
the world, and good for them for that, but that does not give them the right to bully
and badger and threaten, and 'not' speak to others, whom they don't agree with.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
talloola,
Do you know how that generosity is sourced? The help to others is in the form of grains, wheats, rice, corn and other staples bought up with taxpayers monies in the form of Farm Subsidies. The other items like medical supplies and the like are outdated shelf life products taken out of military and other government storwes on a turn over. The product is not destroyed, it is warehoused and then given away as "Aid." Baloney. The strings attached to many of the Aid agreements are creating a hostage situation in many cases. The American people are generous to a fault. Look at the private funds raised after the Hurricane Disasters when the government went into a state of frozen embryo's. But the government of this nation has on numerous occasions failed it's own miserably too and never stood up when it came time to talk about it. The organizations they have funded and granted cabinet level status too are still a very bad but very costly joke. The Homeland Safety Agency is really a moribund group of muscles moving without coordination and remind me of spasms funded by the taxpayers. Chertoff may be a decent lawyer but he sure isn't an effective leader! This entire Presidential history of Bush/Cheney is the second worst political disaster the great nation has had to endure.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
talloola,
Do you know how that generosity is sourced? The help to others is in the form of grains, wheats, rice, corn and other staples bought up with taxpayers monies in the form of Farm Subsidies. The other items like medical supplies and the like are outdated shelf life products taken out of military and other government storwes on a turn over. The product is not destroyed, it is warehoused and then given away as "Aid." Baloney. The strings attached to many of the Aid agreements are creating a hostage situation in many cases. The American people are generous to a fault. Look at the private funds raised after the Hurricane Disasters when the government went into a state of frozen embryo's. But the government of this nation has on numerous occasions failed it's own miserably too and never stood up when it came time to talk about it. The organizations they have funded and granted cabinet level status too are still a very bad but very costly joke. The Homeland Safety Agency is really a moribund group of muscles moving without coordination and remind me of spasms funded by the taxpayers. Chertoff may be a decent lawyer but he sure isn't an effective leader!
This entire Presidential history of Bush/Cheney is the second worst political disaster the great nation has had to endure.

I was not aware of the 'outdated' situation re: drugs. But it seems that the 'aids' monies
and drugs they have sent to Africa have been helpful.

I agree with you 100% concerning the last statement above.