US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://tinyurl.com/lj5wa
The Pakistani president has said that after the 9/11 attacks the United States threatened to bomb his country if it did not cooperate with America's campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

So what eh? Maybe its not really 'news'. I guess we knew the bully tactic was the strong suit for BushCo. All he can do is say "do what I say or we will bomb you back to the stone age". Great diplomatic skills - not.

He really doesn't have any other way to get what he wants.

It is an other example showing what a farce the whole War on Terror is. A lot of people are waking up , seeing Bush for what he is. Beneath his TV image is a rude crude ambitious Elite who, like all of the Elites, despises the rest of the world.

Pandering to Christians as a moral person is a pretty bad abuse to the American people. Torture, Threats, Profiting on war {* see link below

Anyway, Pakistan's President isn't too happy about it, saying "it was very rude". It was rude George. Who likes to be threatened and humiliated like that?

We might wonder why Pakistan's PM Pervez Musharraf chose NOW to speak up about it... does he see a weakness developing in the Bush Fist?
is Musharraf planning something?
or, are they planning something TOGETHER?

--------
promised Link : War Profits as Motive for War on Terror
"From Harken to Halliburton, the backrooms deals that have netted war profiteers billions"
http://tinyurl.com/oamdz

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, I go from thinking Bush is a moron to being VERY VERY scared that he is in fact intelligent.

Toro

Senate Member
Of course they put the screws on Pakistan.

Did you honestly believe that, after 9/11 - the single greatest foreign attack on American sold - that the United States government would have politely asked Pakistan to allow them to use their airspace, and if Pakistan said no, the US would have said "Oh, okay. I guess we'll back down."

Pakistan had no choice, unless it was willing to go to war with the United States.

You would have to be living in an alternate-reality to think otherwise.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Re: RE: US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

tamarin said:
We can't bomb everyone but given the Pakistani government's duplicity on terrorism it's a good place to start!

Tamarin, you are so naive.
Pakistan has the bomb. We dont bomb people who have the bomb. Pakistan of course knows this, and knows that Bush was just joking around.
When we want to bomb someone, we pick countries who dont have the bomb.

Unfortunately sometimes we find out that they have stored up all the weapons we sold them in the past.
Or we find out that sometimes people without weapons but a real hatred against us are more dangerous and devastating than our expensive weapons, so we have to start killing lots of civilians.

And sometimes we want them to use the weapons we sold them a few years ago because now we have newer weapons and we want to try them out and check that they work.

But no, we have to bomb Iran next because dammit they will have the bomb soon, and then we will have missed our window of opportunity. And that would be a real bummer, because then they will be like North Korea, and Pakistan, and we will actually have to try diplomacy and political discourse with them, and as Bush said, that takes a lot of talking.....it is so much easier and better for the economy if we can just bomb em.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Your logic is rather fuzzy, fuzzylogix. The US doesn't bomb countires the have "the bomb". Let's think about that critical analysis for a moment. Who is Pakistan going to bomb? Their own country? Their missile range can barely make it to Japan. Their missiles have been designed to attack India, nothing beyond that. Do you think they will start shooting missiles in the air to hit B-52 bombers? Your logic is flawed. Try again.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Hmmmmm, having the 'bomb' and being able to deliver it are two different things. The US could easily bomb Pakistan and feel secure it wouldn't be nuked in return. Probability of the latter is about zero.
Talk is cheap. Interesting. Sometimes helpful. But cheap. You have to be able to wield a big stick. And make a delivery to be taken seriously.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
And war is cheap. Have a look at the effect Bush's big stick is doing in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Thank goodness, he didn't go the diplomatic route, or we'd STILL be sitting around the table talking.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
No sh*t Sherlock.

Tell that to your President.

Damn, for HIM and CHENEY, war is damn good economically.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Ah, why dont you have anything to say to your President? Do y'all think he is doing a peachy keen job?

I do focus on my Prime Minister. I focus on voting him out of power and on protesting his kissing the ass of Bush.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

fuzzylogix said:
Ah, why dont you have anything to say to your President? Do y'all think he is doing a peachy keen job?

I do focus on my Prime Minister. I focus on voting him out of power and on protesting his kissing the ass of Bush.

Personally, no, I don't think he is doing a peachy keen job, as a matter of fact I think he quite possibly is the worst President over to occupy the office. But I am certainly not going to appease a foreigner and run and tell him off, that's STILL our business, and none of yours.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYY?????????

Hmmm...... Are you saying then that US politics DON'T affect the entire world, and that therefore nobody else should have a say in it...

Or are you saying that US politics DO affect the entire world but that is tough sh*t for everyone else because you have the right to the ultimate decisions...

And are you saying that one country should mind their own business and not criticise another country's leader..
gee, say like calling a South American country's leader things like dictator and corrupt.......

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I saw that interview. Bush looked like an idiot. Even if they could bomb Pakistan and kill Bin Laden, what is accomplished? Bush is a terrorist factory. He creates more enemies than he can possibly kill. Bombing Pakistan would create another 10 or 15 million card carrying terrorist supporters.

The faster this ineffective arrogant pompous moron leaves office the better off everyone in America will be in the war on terror.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Karlin said:
http://tinyurl.com/lj5wa
The Pakistani president has said that after the 9/11 attacks the United States threatened to bomb his country if it did not cooperate with America's campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

So what eh? Maybe its not really 'news'. I guess we knew the bully tactic was the strong suit for BushCo. All he can do is say "do what I say or we will bomb you back to the stone age". Great diplomatic skills - not.

He really doesn't have any other way to get what he wants.

It is an other example showing what a farce the whole War on Terror is. A lot of people are waking up , seeing Bush for what he is. Beneath his TV image is a rude crude ambitious Elite who, like all of the Elites, despises the rest of the world.

Pandering to Christians as a moral person is a pretty bad abuse to the American people. Torture, Threats, Profiting on war {* see link below

Anyway, Pakistan's President isn't too happy about it, saying "it was very rude". It was rude George. Who likes to be threatened and humiliated like that?

We might wonder why Pakistan's PM Pervez Musharraf chose NOW to speak up about it... does he see a weakness developing in the Bush Fist?
is Musharraf planning something?
or, are they planning something TOGETHER?

--------
promised Link : War Profits as Motive for War on Terror
"From Harken to Halliburton, the backrooms deals that have netted war profiteers billions"
http://tinyurl.com/oamdz

Again, americans are showing to the world, they are still in the dark ages barbarian would be more appropriate definition, just like they didnt do enough stupidity in the last 6 years.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
If Pakistan and its nuke sister India disappeared tomorrow who'd care? Two less duplicitous states in our midst. Iran just wants what these two subversive ninnies got by stealth. You can't trust any of these countries and what they have to contribute to civilization or a global ethos or sensibility I have no idea. Bush is playing a mug's game there. Whether it's Pakistan or Iran or mondo-something-else they don't play by our rules. All we can do is wave our stick and hope they don't jump.