Everybody likes Anne Coulter....Right?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
She most definately believes her own stuff, but I think she says most of the things she just to drive a certain type of people into apoplectic fits. And judging from all the time and effort that those certain type of people put into demonizing her and making websites about her, I'd say she is succeeding, and laughing all the way to the bank because of the free advertising.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You are right thomaska

I guess what Anne Coulter does from my point of view is highlight this small difference between the our two countries. Saying the things she does, Coulter would last no more than a week or two in Canada. Multiculturalism is not one of my favourite things but the varying factions that Coulter tends to insult, are the ones who would sink her. I don't mind anyone having radical opinions but Coulter always goes about a mile too far. If Coulter has a problem right now, it is that she can't escape her own hateful rhetoric.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I read her book " How to speak with a Liberal..if you must", and I thought it was funny reading for the most part. The same way I think that George Carlin's acts are funny. And they , you must admit, are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. I have not however read "Godless" and I probably won't because she tends to say the same things over and over and just mixes it up a little and then puts a new new cover on the book.

She tried to explain her remarks about what she said about the 9/11 widows (ironically enough on the Tonight Show, with George Carlin sitting right next to her), but I think by the time she got around to doing that, the MSM here in the States had already misconstrued it and blown it too much out of proportion for her damage control people to handle.

But you are right also, Ann goes a overboard trying to "troll" her audience, and eventually I think she will say something hateful or "beyond the pale" about someone powerful on "the right" and she will shoot herself in the foot.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I don't know how old you are thomaska.

Are you old enough to remember the Smothers Brothers and George Carlin's "Hippy Dippy Weatherman"? That guy used to keep me in stitches. Those were the days of political incorrectness and I think that is part of what ended the smothers Brothers TV run. For some reason, they couldn't stay away from sensitive issues like the war in VietNam. I thought this was dopey because they had one of the best comedy hours on the tube at the time.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Im 35 now, and I remember my dad loved the Smotheres Brothers and still talks about them. However my earliest memories of George Carlin are fuzzy because I think I was only 9 or 10 whe I first saw him, when cable TV first came out and I had to sneak around alot trying to catch him on HBO without my parents catching me.

I tend to think, in regards to people like Coulter, Michael Moore, and ________<------insert your favorite extremist from either side here, they get so wrapped up in what they are preaching that they begin to think that everyone else must be thinking the same thing, they get comfortable and then spew out something idiotic, and get stomped on by their audience. Coulter did it, the Dixie Chicks did it, I'm sure lots of people have done it.

What I find amusing is the indignation they display when they're called on something they done or said, they always seem to have a "deer in the headlights" look.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
She's absolutely nuts. I went to a Margaret Cho show one time and she was talking about her and said something like "It's wierd because I'm such a feminist, but whenever I see Ann Coulter I think 'That's why women shouldn't work!'". I feel the same way :)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I think the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum serve a useful purpose by saying the things that can not be said by folks in the mainstream.......

I think Ann Coulter serves the same purpose on the right that Naom Chomsky serves on the left........looking at political life from a different perspective, and sharing their view with the rest of us......hopefully making us think!

Both are NUTS, BTW.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Ann Coulter can be a hoot. She's a right nasty little B and she revels in it. Her eyes light up, her lips open and some dart hurls from her tongue. I wish we had some Canadian spokesperson her equal in acrimony. We've become so dumbed down and emasculated that not even Don Cherry can stir the beast.
I don't like all of what Coulter says but she makes me feel alive. Give 'em hell, Annie!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Some of what she says:

By 1973, John Kerry had already accused American soldiers of committing war crimes in Vietnam, thrown someone else's medals to the ground in an anti-war demonstration, and married his first heiress.

Democrats always assure us that deterrence will work, but when the time comes to deter, they're against it.

Democrats couldn't care less if people in Indiana hate them. But if Europeans curl their lips, liberals can't look at themselves in the mirror.

Have we been cryptic? Right-wingers said Clinton was a lying, unscrupulous traveling salesman. It turned out he was a lying, unscrupulous traveling salesman. Now liberals scratch their heads demanding to know: So what was it about him you didn't like?

If we're so cruel to minorities, why do they keep coming here? Why aren't they sneaking across the Mexican border to make their way to the Taliban?
Ann Coulter

Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties - provided we're only talking about criminals.

The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control.

Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.

Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Some answers for the hag.

Quote:
By 1973, John Kerry had already accused American soldiers of committing war crimes in Vietnam, thrown someone else's medals to the ground in an anti-war demonstration, and married his first heiress.[/quote

American soldiers did commit war crimes in VietNam. Lots of them. Who John Kerry married is none of anyone's business.

Democrats always assure us that deterrence will work, but when the time comes to deter, they're against it.

Democrats couldn't care less if people in Indiana hate them. But if Europeans curl their lips, liberals can't look at themselves in the mirror.

More stupid talk in absolutes. All Democrats, or All Liberals. When will this cow realize that fully half the people are democrats. The Democrats are not some evil fringe.

Have we been cryptic? Right-wingers said Clinton was a lying, unscrupulous traveling salesman. It turned out he was a lying, unscrupulous traveling salesman. Now liberals scratch their heads demanding to know: So what was it about him you didn't like?

Gee, Clinton balanced the books. Clinton left a generous surplus. Clinton's approval rating is still higher than Bush, Either Bush.

If we're so cruel to minorities, why do they keep coming here? Why aren't they sneaking across the Mexican border to make their way to the Taliban?
Ann Coulter

That is so stupid it doesn't deserve an answer.

Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties - provided we're only talking about criminals.

The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control.

Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.

Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.

Here she goes again; building the liberal strawman to blame everything on. Extremists always talk in absolutes. All liberals. Not some liberals, all liberals are traitors or idiots. She really means all Democrats. She conveniently forgets that Bush started the war and America's self-preservation was never on the line. She also forgets the lies Bush and his cronies told about WMD, and Hussein's collaboration with El quiede(sp), etc..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Basically, I agree about her speaking in absolutes.......it is silly.

Her defense of McCarthyism was over the edge.

I LIKE what she said about Clinton, who I consider to be a bit of scum unsurpassed in American Presidential history.

I also like what she said about minorities.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
#juan said:
Extremists always talk in absolutes

Hmmmm.

Colpy, I have to disagree with you, Anne Coulter is NOTHING like Noam Chomsky, the latter being a very respectable scholar. I might disagree with his views (at least now, I never did when I was younger) and I also think he's a hypocrite with a distorted sense of morality, as I believe most fringe leftists are, but Anne Coulter is simply a bitch on wheels. She only barks to annoy the other side, and she's getting rich off of it. Chomsky is nothing like her.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Everybody likes Anne Coulter....Right?

Colpy said:
I think the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum serve a useful purpose by saying the things that can not be said by folks in the mainstream.......

I think Ann Coulter serves the same purpose on the right that Naom Chomsky serves on the left........looking at political life from a different perspective, and sharing their view with the rest of us......hopefully making us think!

Both are NUTS, BTW.

You can't compare the 2, sorry but in a memo of fox news, back in 2002, says, if Noam chumsky is invited to a any tv shows, then fox will have to invite 86 hard righ wingers to balance what noam chumsky says, it means a lot.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Re: RE: Everybody likes Anne Coulter....Right?

aeon said:
Colpy said:

Both are NUTS, BTW.

You can't compare the 2, sorry but in a memo of fox news, back in 2002, says, if Noam chumsky is invited to a any tv shows, then fox will have to invite 86 hard righ wingers to balance what noam chumsky says, it means a lot.

Show me proof of this aeon.