James Comey's book is already a best seller

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
James Comey's book is already a best seller

(CNNMoney) With an assist from President Trump, James Comey's book is surging on the best sellers list.

The book, "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership," won't be released until April 17.

But on Sunday it was No.1 on Amazon's constantly updated list of best sellers. The ranking reflects a sudden spike in pre-orders. On Saturday morning, it was No. 15.

What caused the spike in the former FBI director's book sales? Well it seems to be related to the president's rhetoric.

Trump's decision to fire Comey last May, triggering a special counsel investigation, is back in the news this weekend, thanks in part to deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe's firing on Friday night.

On Saturday, Trump celebrated McCabe's firing and called out Comey as "sanctimonious." Trump said Comey "made McCabe look like a choirboy."

Comey responded later in the day with a tweet.

"Mr. President, the American people will hear my story very soon. And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not," Comey wrote.

He didn't explicitly mention the book, but people got the message. Comey's retort has been shared more than 100,000 times, making it twice as popular as Trump's original barb.

https://amp.cnn.com/money/2018/03/1...t-seller/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
You gotta give Trump credit for taking action as he sees necessary.

How many managers / Presidents keep poor performers on the payroll because they don't have the guts to fire a loser.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Comey lied under oath....hmmmm
;)
I wonder if that's in the book

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Looks like a lot of former White House staffers are going to make a lot of money. It will be one tell-all book after another.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Comey lied under oath, so as if he is going to tell the truth in a book! This book will be like the last one where the author couldn't verify if any of was even true, because most of it was NOT.

Or my GAWD, even worse, it will be like boot hillary's pile of retarded trash blaming the women for voting the way men TOLD them TO, and the "deplorables" of america for her SELECTION LOSS!!!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Huh, John Oliver supports sex trafficking. I always had a bad feeling about that creep. No wonder the leftards like him so much.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It's the pink hats wearing them as **** warmers that have friend issues.