Prosecutors considering charges against WikiLeaks

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I wouldn't have thought Sessions would support Hillary and help her get revenge but there you go.....

Donald Trump lavished praise on the anti-secrecy website during the presidential election campaign - “I love WikiLeaks,” he once told a rally - but his administration has struck a different tone.

US authorities has been investigating Assange and WikiLeaks since at least 2010 when it released, in cooperation with publications including the Guardian, more than a quarter of a million classified cables from US embassies leaked by US army whistleblower Chelsea Manning.

Republican politicians expressed fury at the time, accusing Assange of treason, and Trump himself told an interviewer, “I think it’s disgraceful, I think there should be like death penalty or something.”

All that changed during the election when WikiLeaks published emails acquired via Russian-backed hackers from the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Trump and his associates seized on the revelations, citing them with relish during speeches, prompting accusations of cynical opportunism.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...iority-says-us-attorney-general-jeff-sessions

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
I would prefer to see Julian Assange eat a bullet, rather than being arrested.. treasonous bastard.

I dunno. I kind of like the idea of him spending the rest of his life in a supermax prison without any access to computers or technology of any kind. When they get Snowden they can give him a cell mate.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why TF is everybody so frightened of the truth. Government have been lying to you for so long, the truth seems dangerous? Wake the phuk up!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mars has always been a friend of America. It's Uranus you have to watch out for. Republican congressmen would like a thorough investigation of Uranus.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
Why TF is everybody so frightened of the truth. Government have been lying to you for so long, the truth seems dangerous? Wake the phuk up!

What truth are we being told that we need to be told about? All that Wikileaks has done so far, that I can tell, is give a heads up to terrorist and criminal organizations on how to protect their data and communications from government, expose embarrassing State Department cables, and give information on CIA informatics procedures and hacking tools. How is this helpful to anyone other than Vladimir Putin and ISIS? You'll notice Wikileaks isn't exposing any deep secrets from Iran or Russia or China - its friends, just western countries - its enemies.

Why, by working against a country of which he is not a citizen and to which he owes no allegiance, of course!

Stupid commie GIRL!

Doesn't matter. By urging their followers to get jobs at the CIA and NSA to feed them information the operators at Wikileaks are, in effect, acting like a foreign intelligence agency. That means they're subject to prison terms.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What truth are we being told that we need to be told about? All that Wikileaks has done so far, that I can tell, is give a heads up to terrorist and criminal organizations on how to protect their data and communications from government, expose embarrassing State Department cables, and give information on CIA informatics procedures and hacking tools. How is this helpful to anyone other than Vladimir Putin and ISIS? You'll notice Wikileaks isn't exposing any deep secrets from Iran or Russia or China - its friends, just western countries - its enemies.

Doesn't matter. By urging their followers to get jobs at the CIA and NSA to feed them information the operators at Wikileaks are, in effect, acting like a foreign intelligence agency. That means they're subject to prison terms.

It's not just "in effect", Wikileaks became a Russian organ the moment the Russians granted Snowden assylum. Wikileaks is an official Russian government outlet, like Sputnik.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh dear. Another amateur lawyer.

I'll make this short and sweet, genius. We were talking about treason Until you understand what that means, how bout you keep your profound insights behind your teeth?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

The CIA, NSA and the Pentagon are the biggest terrorist organizations on the planet. Do you really think they invade other countries, destroy their infrastructure, assassinate their elected leaders and finance revolutions to bring democracy to the people?

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
Oh dear. Another amateur lawyer.

I'll make this short and sweet, genius. We were talking about treason Until you understand what that means, how bout you keep your profound insights behind your teeth?

Sweden has just resinstituted the draft because of fear of the new Russian bear, and Assange and his people work for Russian intelligence. So yes, it is treason.

But I don't care what charge is brought as long as all those involved with Wikileaks and all those who support Wikileaks and Assange are in prison for life. And if the CIA wants to take them out some other way I'm good with that too.

The CIA, NSA and the Pentagon are the biggest terrorist organizations on the planet. Do you really think they invade other countries, destroy their infrastructure, assassinate their elected leaders and finance revolutions to bring democracy to the people?

That being the case you should go live in Russia or China where you'll be safe. I'm sure you'll be happier there among your own kind.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I just wonder how the US thinks it is going to get Assange into the country to prosecute him. If it was that easy they would have done it already. And I'm guessing that Ecuador is still going to offer him protection.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That being the case you should go live in Russia or China where you'll be safe. I'm sure you'll be happier there among your own kind.
Typical right wingnut nonsense response. As if you "patriots" are the only ones who deserve to live on the land you were born on. You like the Yanky war mongers so much, why don't you go live there?