Prosecutors considering charges against WikiLeaks

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
I would prefer to see Julian Assange eat a bullet, rather than being arrested.. treasonous bastard.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

I would prefer to see Julian Assange eat a bullet, rather than being arrested.. treasonous bastard.

Wikileaks now a wholly owned creature of the Russians in exchange for Snowden's miserable hide.

tay
I wouldn't have thought Sessions would support Hillary and help her get revenge but there you go.....

Donald Trump lavished praise on the anti-secrecy website during the presidential election campaign - “I love WikiLeaks,” he once told a rally - but his administration has struck a different tone.

US authorities has been investigating Assange and WikiLeaks since at least 2010 when it released, in cooperation with publications including the Guardian, more than a quarter of a million classified cables from US embassies leaked by US army whistleblower Chelsea Manning.

Republican politicians expressed fury at the time, accusing Assange of treason, and Trump himself told an interviewer, “I think it’s disgraceful, I think there should be like death penalty or something.”

All that changed during the election when WikiLeaks (external - login to view) published emails acquired via Russian-backed hackers from the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Trump and his associates seized on the revelations, citing them with relish during speeches, prompting accusations of cynical opportunism.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-jeff-sessions (external - login to view)

Vbeacher
+1

I dunno. I kind of like the idea of him spending the rest of his life in a supermax prison without any access to computers or technology of any kind. When they get Snowden they can give him a cell mate.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Why TF is everybody so frightened of the truth. Government have been lying to you for so long, the truth seems dangerous? Wake the phuk up!

Corduroy
+2
#7  Top Rated Post

How has Julian Assange committed treason?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

How has Julian Assange committed treason?

Why, by working against a country of which he is not a citizen and to which he owes no allegiance, of course!

Stupid commie GIRL!

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Why, by working against a country of which he is not a citizen and to which he owes no allegiance, of course!

Stupid commie GIRL!

That dastardly villain. And he's hiding out in the Ecuadorian embassy. Shouldn't the US charge Ecuador with treason too?

Tecumsehsbones

That dastardly villain. And he's hiding out in the Ecuadorian embassy. Shouldn't the US charge Ecuador with treason too?

Yep, that and Mars. Might as well scoop up all the treasoners in one warrant.

Corduroy
+2
Mars has always been a friend of America. It's Uranus you have to watch out for. Republican congressmen would like a thorough investigation of Uranus.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2

Mars has always been a friend of America. It's Uranus you have to watch out for. Republican congressmen would like a thorough investigation of Uranus.

They want to check it all over for cling-ons.

Vbeacher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Why TF is everybody so frightened of the truth. Government have been lying to you for so long, the truth seems dangerous? Wake the phuk up!

What truth are we being told that we need to be told about? All that Wikileaks has done so far, that I can tell, is give a heads up to terrorist and criminal organizations on how to protect their data and communications from government, expose embarrassing State Department cables, and give information on CIA informatics procedures and hacking tools. How is this helpful to anyone other than Vladimir Putin and ISIS? You'll notice Wikileaks isn't exposing any deep secrets from Iran or Russia or China - its friends, just western countries - its enemies.

Stupid commie GIRL!

Doesn't matter. By urging their followers to get jobs at the CIA and NSA to feed them information the operators at Wikileaks are, in effect, acting like a foreign intelligence agency. That means they're subject to prison terms.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by VbeacherView Post

What truth are we being told that we need to be told about? All that Wikileaks has done so far, that I can tell, is give a heads up to terrorist and criminal organizations on how to protect their data and communications from government, expose embarrassing State Department cables, and give information on CIA informatics procedures and hacking tools. How is this helpful to anyone other than Vladimir Putin and ISIS? You'll notice Wikileaks isn't exposing any deep secrets from Iran or Russia or China - its friends, just western countries - its enemies.

Doesn't matter. By urging their followers to get jobs at the CIA and NSA to feed them information the operators at Wikileaks are, in effect, acting like a foreign intelligence agency. That means they're subject to prison terms.

It's not just "in effect", Wikileaks became a Russian organ the moment the Russians granted Snowden assylum. Wikileaks is an official Russian government outlet, like Sputnik.

Tecumsehsbones

Oh dear. Another amateur lawyer.

I'll make this short and sweet, genius. We were talking about treason Until you understand what that means, how bout you keep your profound insights behind your teeth?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

The CIA, NSA and the Pentagon are the biggest terrorist organizations on the planet. Do you really think they invade other countries, destroy their infrastructure, assassinate their elected leaders and finance revolutions to bring democracy to the people?

Vbeacher
+1

Oh dear. Another amateur lawyer.

I'll make this short and sweet, genius. We were talking about treason Until you understand what that means, how bout you keep your profound insights behind your teeth?

Sweden has just resinstituted the draft because of fear of the new Russian bear, and Assange and his people work for Russian intelligence. So yes, it is treason.

But I don't care what charge is brought as long as all those involved with Wikileaks and all those who support Wikileaks and Assange are in prison for life. And if the CIA wants to take them out some other way I'm good with that too.

The CIA, NSA and the Pentagon are the biggest terrorist organizations on the planet. Do you really think they invade other countries, destroy their infrastructure, assassinate their elected leaders and finance revolutions to bring democracy to the people?

That being the case you should go live in Russia or China where you'll be safe. I'm sure you'll be happier there among your own kind.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
I just wonder how the US thinks it is going to get Assange into the country to prosecute him. If it was that easy they would have done it already. And I'm guessing that Ecuador is still going to offer him protection.

Corduroy

Sweden has just resinstituted the draft because of fear of the new Russian bear, and Assange and his people work for Russian intelligence. So yes, it is treason.

He ain't Swedish either. Seriously, why haven't you looked up his nationality by now?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

That being the case you should go live in Russia or China where you'll be safe. I'm sure you'll be happier there among your own kind.

Typical right wingnut nonsense response. As if you "patriots" are the only ones who deserve to live on the land you were born on. You like the Yanky war mongers so much, why don't you go live there?

Tecumsehsbones

No, it isn't treason. You can't commit treason against a country to which you owe no allegiance.

Quote:

But I don't care what charge is brought as long as all those involved with Wikileaks and all those who support Wikileaks and Assange are in prison for life. And if the CIA wants to take them out some other way I'm good with that too.

Yes, you've made it abundantly clear that as long as Vbeacher gets what Vbeacher wants, Vbeacher doesn't give a damn about law, procedure, or mechanism.

I commend you on how blatantly you are outcome-determinative. Most people would hide behind some sort of waffle about how their silly-ass opinions are somehow consistent with law or democracy.

Quote:

I would think you'd be happy in either of those countries. They have a contempt for law and procedure that would fit you admirably.

He ain't Swedish either. Seriously, why haven't you looked up his nationality by now?

Facts don't matter. Vbeacher wants Assange dead, and he doesn't give a rap how that happens.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

He's Strine!

Vbeacher

Typical right wingnut nonsense response. As if you "patriots" are the only ones who deserve to live on the land you were born on. You like the Yanky war mongers so much, why don't you go live there?

But we LIKE this place and you clearly HATE it and long for the kinds of governments seen in Russia or the Islamic world. That being the case, why don't you just go?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I just wonder how the US thinks it is going to get Assange into the country to prosecute him. If it was that easy they would have done it already. And I'm guessing that Ecuador is still going to offer him protection.

You 'persuade' the Ecuadorans to boot him out of their embassy so the British can arrest him.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

But we LIKE this place and you clearly HATE it and long for the kinds of governments seen in Russia or the Islamic world. That being the case, why don't you just go?

You are new here so I should cut you some slack, but you are also an a$$hole so I won't. Your particular brand of fascist attitudes does not belong in this country, or anywhere on the planet.... well maybe north Korea or the Pentagon.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

You 'persuade' the Ecuadorans to boot him out of their embassy so the British can arrest him.

SHOCK Julian Assange video emerges of US government FURY: Was there a plot to kill him?

Vbeacher
+1

You are new here so I should cut you some slack, but you are also an a$$hole so I won't. Your particular brand of fascist attitudes does not belong in this country, or anywhere on the planet.... well maybe north Korea or the Pentagon.

Meh. I don't think you're much in tune to what the ordinary guy in the street wants. And social justice warriors don't get to make any decisions about anything except who they should protest against on campus, and then what color underwear to wear underneath their barrista uniform.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

taxslave
No Party Affiliation

Lefty's hate truth when it conflicts with their dogma.

When did they overtake the Sae Shepard Society and Greenpiece and Sierra Club as top terrorist orgnizations?