Trump to sign new ‘buy American, hire American’ executive order

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Quebec and Montreal blocked Energy East pipeline from Alberta to New Brunswick.

IT's just that Montreal is IN Quebec. It's sort of like saying British Columbia AND Vancouver blocked something.

oil is so last century...

Dieter Helm advises the world’s energy leaders. So, when he says ‘big oil’ has had its day it is worth listening, reports Jillian Ambrose

“I usually put a £5 bet on the oil price — and I’m collecting,” smiles Professor Dieter Helm. It’s not difficult to imagine his tally of modest wagers adding up. The highly regarded Oxford University economics professor is a long-time industry observer. Today, he is in central London after taking meetings with major oil executives. He is also a familiar face in Whitehall and Brussels, where he advises, both formally and informally, on the trends reshaping the global energy markets.

Still, his stakes will be trillions of dollars lower than the energy leaders he advises.

If Helm is to be believed the oil market downturn is only getting started. The latest collapse is the harbinger of a global energy revolution which could spell the end-game for fossil fuels. These theories were laughable less than a decade ago when oil prices grazed highs of more than $140 a barrel. But the burn out of the oil industry is approaching quicker than was first thought, and the most senior leaders within the industry are beginning to take note.

In the past, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has faced down criticism that its global energy market forecasts have overestimated the role of oil and underplayed the boom in renewable energy sources. But last month the tone changed. The agency warned oil and gas companies that failing to adapt to the climate policy shift away from fossil fuels and towards cleaner energy would leave a total of $1 trillion in oil assets and $300bn in natural gas assets stranded.

For oil companies who heed Helm’s advice, the route ahead is a ruthless harvest-and-exit strategy. This would mean an aggressive slashing of capital expenditure, pumping of remaining oil reserves while keeping costs to the floor and paying out very high dividends.

“They’d never do it because no company board would contemplate running a smaller company tomorrow than today. It’s not in the zeitgeist of the corporate world we’re in, but that’s what they should do,” Helm says.

BP and Royal Dutch Shell are slowly shifting from oil to gas and making even more tentative steps in the direction of low-carbon energy. But Helm is not entirely convinced that oil companies have grasped the speed with which the industry is undergoing irrevocable change.
Down forever, no last hoorah: Why the market for fossil fuels is all burnt out | Financial Post (external - login to view)

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

IT's just that Montreal is IN Quebec. It's sort of like saying British Columbia AND Vancouver blocked something.

Neither province or city can block anything... This is a matter for the Fed gvt and BC/Que can bleat and moan all they like ~ it won't make any difference

Talking like a valley girl is sooo '80's

Dieter Helm

Who the fukk is Dieter Helm?

From the article:

The agency warned oil and gas companies that failing to adapt to the climate policy shift away from fossil fuels and towards cleaner energy would leave a total of $1 trillion in oil assets and $300bn in natural gas assets stranded.So, what drove oil prices to the heady levels of $140 a barrel just less than 10 years ago?

Dieter is referring to gvt policy as the driver... Clearly he didn't get the memo about gvts changing their mind(s)

“China,” says Helm, barely missing a beat. “If you look at both the rapid growth in emissions and the rapid growth of oil, fossil fuel and all commodity prices, it was while China was doubling its economy every seven years. This is a phenomenal rate.

Buddy is not only forgetting a small little nation like India, but also discounts any reality that there are middle classes developing in both nations... All those people will want all the things that Westerners take for granted, much of which is built on, or fueled by fossil fuels.

pgs
Free Thinker

Dieter Helm advises the world’s energy leaders. So, when he says ‘big oil’ has had its day it is worth listening, reports Jillian Ambrose

“I usually put a £5 bet on the oil price — and I’m collecting,” smiles Professor Dieter Helm. It’s not difficult to imagine his tally of modest wagers adding up. The highly regarded Oxford University economics professor is a long-time industry observer. Today, he is in central London after taking meetings with major oil executives. He is also a familiar face in Whitehall and Brussels, where he advises, both formally and informally, on the trends reshaping the global energy markets.

Still, his stakes will be trillions of dollars lower than the energy leaders he advises.

If Helm is to be believed the oil market downturn is only getting started. The latest collapse is the harbinger of a global energy revolution which could spell the end-game for fossil fuels. These theories were laughable less than a decade ago when oil prices grazed highs of more than $140 a barrel. But the burn out of the oil industry is approaching quicker than was first thought, and the most senior leaders within the industry are beginning to take note.

In the past, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has faced down criticism that its global energy market forecasts have overestimated the role of oil and underplayed the boom in renewable energy sources. But last month the tone changed. The agency warned oil and gas companies that failing to adapt to the climate policy shift away from fossil fuels and towards cleaner energy would leave a total of $1 trillion in oil assets and $300bn in natural gas assets stranded.

For oil companies who heed Helm’s advice, the route ahead is a ruthless harvest-and-exit strategy. This would mean an aggressive slashing of capital expenditure, pumping of remaining oil reserves while keeping costs to the floor and paying out very high dividends.

“They’d never do it because no company board would contemplate running a smaller company tomorrow than today. It’s not in the zeitgeist of the corporate world we’re in, but that’s what they should do,” Helm says.

BP and Royal Dutch Shell are slowly shifting from oil to gas and making even more tentative steps in the direction of low-carbon energy. But Helm is not entirely convinced that oil companies have grasped the speed with which the industry is undergoing irrevocable change.
Down forever, no last hoorah: Why the market for fossil fuels is all burnt out | Financial Post (external - login to view)

Yes I noticed the lack of traffic on our roads lately . All those cars sitting in driveways , I mean I was the only one on the road .

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Yes I noticed the lack of traffic on our roads lately . All those cars sitting in driveways , I mean I was the only one on the road .

cause in your reality everything is instant? wow. cool beans bruh.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Who the fukk is Dieter Helm?

Like Levon Helm only infinitely less cool and talented.

Twila
Dieter Robin Helm CBE (born 11 November 1956) is a British economist, Professor of Energy Policy at the University of Oxford, and Fellow in Economics at New College, Oxford

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Helm (external - login to view)'

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Money better spent on sustainable energy.

Like the useless Site C?

Tecumsehsbones

Dieter Robin Helm CBE (born 11 November 1956) is a British economist, Professor of Energy Policy at the University of Oxford, and Fellow in Economics at New College, Oxford

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Helm (external - login to view)'

That's what I said.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Is he going to get Snap On to start making more tools in the US?

Where are his signing pens made??

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

That's what I said.

hmmm, I didn't hear you say a thing....

btw, weirdly Dieter (british) has better teeth then Levon (american)...what's up with that?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

btw, weirdly Dieter (british) has better teeth then Levon (american)...what's up with that?

Levon (his teeth that is) kinda reminds me of the donkey from Hee Haw

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I pulled into Nazareth
Was feelin' 'bout half-past dead

Twila

That's what I said.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Levon (his teeth that is) kinda reminds me of the donkey from Hee Haw

I was thinking more along the lines of close to Shane McGowan....ick!

Tecumsehsbones

I was thinking more along the lines of close to Shane McGowan....ick!

Shane had other priorities.

Heroin, mostly.

MHz
When in doubt about what to do next make the most traveled roads straighter. In Trump's case the Mississippi River watershed might become the busiest trade route in the US. As a real estate man he should be the potential tor places like the Bundy Ranch of today to the wheat fields of Kansas, same only two harvests per year.

Might I suggest some peat moss from Canada to speed up the black dirt thingy. Sort of looks like the spillways after the water stopped, except longer period of time. 2 extra points if you get the direction of flow right. Tires strung together is the first step in stopping flash floods and the erosion that comes with it

TenPenny

Ah, Levon, yeah, those were the days, when bands had talent.

MHz
Am I the only one that smell and import/export company that deals mainly with Mexico and other points further south??
Perhaps Canada can reverse the Louisiana Purchase as being a 'bad deal' and only an idiot would have gifted it away like that.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

I pulled into Nazareth
Was feelin' 'bout half-past dead

Can't beat those Canadian bands.

no new posts