Noam Chomsky predicts Trump’s administration will cause another financial crash

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trump’s administration will cause another financial crash

Noam Chomsky has warned the Donald Trump-fuelled rally in capital markets is coming to a close and another financial crash is on the horizon.

The economist, historian and linguist said the President’s “anti-estabishment” status was a “joke” given his establishment appointees and anti-regulation policies, which have encouraged the stock market.

“What's anti-establishment?” he asked, as reported by AlterNet.

“This [cabinet] is drawing from the billionaire class, largely financial institutions, and military and so on; in fact, take a look at the stock market, that tells you how anti-establishment he is.”

He pointed to cabinet members such as Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, a Goldman Sachs alumnus. Gary Cohn, his Director of the National Economic Council, was the COO at the same bank.

“As soon as Trump was elected, and since, stock values in financial institutions escalated to the sky,” said Mr Chomsky.

“Investors are “delighted he's going to eliminate regulations, let them make more profit; of course, it'll lead to another crash, but that's somebody else's problem. The taxpayers will take care of that.”

After almost eight years of a bull run during former President Barack Obama’s administration, pundits expected financial turmoil under President Trump – a lot of the anticipated negative reaction was due to the element of uncertainty as Hillary Clinton’s victory had been priced into markets.

Despite jitters around his Muslim ban executive order and his tweets targeting certain companies, causing them to temporarily plunge in value, the US stock market reached a record high after the November 8 election and continues to rise - for now. Stocks like pharmaceuticals, banks and prisons have all soared under the promise of tax reform and less regulation.

For example, the President signed an executive order to review the Dodd-Frank Act, signed under Mr Obama after the financial crisis to ensure banks hold larger capital buffers and limit risky investments to protect consumers. He also scrapped the impending Fiduciary Rule, which, if made into law, would have forced financial advisers to put the best interests of their clients first.

Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trump

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trump’s administration will cause another financial

Chumpsky is still alive?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Re: Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trump’s administration will cause another financial

you mean the damage done by obama will finally come to pass eh?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
With all my respect to Chomsky, I predict their financial crash whether with or without Trump; but of course the crash will be greater with Trump, certainly; in addition to other catastrophes.

While the Wicked Zionists, the frustration will be their gain; certainly.

Of course the Wicked Zionist strive to make wars against Muslims everywhere, but God extinguishes their fire which they kindle for war.

{Every time [Jews] kindle [with sedition] the fire of war [against Muslims], God does extinguish it.}
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
If you look carefully to the picture of these two devils, you will see their hypocrisy to each other, but their advantage is common for both of them, while to God they are only two of His weak servants.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I believe that Warren Buffet is predicting the same sort of thing. For a guy like that, it's an opportunity to make even more money.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
With all my respect to Chomsky, I predict their financial crash whether with or without Trump; but of course the crash will be greater with Trump, certainly; in addition to other catastrophes.

While the Wicked Zionists, the frustration will be their gain; certainly.

Of course the Wicked Zionist strive to make wars against Muslims everywhere, but God extinguishes their fire which they kindle for war.

{Every time [Jews] kindle [with sedition] the fire of war [against Muslims], God does extinguish it.}
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64

The problem is too many gay muslims in the highest posts in government.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Not sure about a crash, unemployment is low, real estate is recovering, income is going up. not all bad.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Sell , sell , sell . divest quick .

If you look carefully to the picture of these two devils, you will see their hypocrisy to each other, but their advantage is common for both of them, while to God they are only two of His weak servants.
Every morning I bow down as looking toward Mecca and puck my guts out . It feels good like you know that it should . So good so good , I got you .