Noam Chomsky predicts Trumpís administration will cause another financial crash

mentalfloss
Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trumpís administration will cause another financial crash

Noam Chomsky has warned the Donald Trump-fuelled rally in capital markets is coming to a close and another financial crash is on the horizon.

The economist, historian and linguist said the Presidentís ďanti-estabishmentĒ status was a ďjokeĒ given his establishment appointees and anti-regulation policies, which have encouraged the stock market.

ďWhat's anti-establishment?Ē he asked, as reported by AlterNet.

ďThis [cabinet] is drawing from the billionaire class, largely financial institutions, and military and so on; in fact, take a look at the stock market, that tells you how anti-establishment he is.Ē

He pointed to cabinet members such as Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, a Goldman Sachs alumnus. Gary Cohn, his Director of the National Economic Council, was the COO at the same bank.

ďAs soon as Trump was elected, and since, stock values in financial institutions escalated to the sky,Ē said Mr Chomsky.

ďInvestors are ďdelighted he's going to eliminate regulations, let them make more profit; of course, it'll lead to another crash, but that's somebody else's problem. The taxpayers will take care of that.Ē

After almost eight years of a bull run during former President Barack Obamaís administration, pundits expected financial turmoil under President Trump Ė a lot of the anticipated negative reaction was due to the element of uncertainty as Hillary Clintonís victory had been priced into markets.

Despite jitters around his Muslim ban executive order and his tweets targeting certain companies, causing them to temporarily plunge in value, the US stock market reached a record high after the November 8 election and continues to rise - for now. Stocks like pharmaceuticals, banks and prisons have all soared under the promise of tax reform and less regulation.

For example, the President signed an executive order to review the Dodd-Frank Act, signed under Mr Obama after the financial crisis to ensure banks hold larger capital buffers and limit risky investments to protect consumers. He also scrapped the impending Fiduciary Rule, which, if made into law, would have forced financial advisers to put the best interests of their clients first.

Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trump (external - login to view)
Last edited by mentalfloss; 1 week ago at 02:11 PM..

petros
+1
Chumpsky is still alive?

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
you mean the damage done by obama will finally come to pass eh?

mentalfloss
Fed hikes key U.S. interest rate to twice what Canada's is - Business - CBC News

petros
+1
Awesome that means BofC will follow shortly.

I'm looking forward to cashing in.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
Chomsky is an idiot with no clue of reality.His only qualification is welfare bum.

selfsame
With all my respect to Chomsky, I predict their financial crash whether with or without Trump; but of course the crash will be greater with Trump, certainly; in addition to other catastrophes.

While the Wicked Zionists, the frustration will be their gain; certainly.

Of course the Wicked Zionist strive to make wars against Muslims everywhere, but God extinguishes their fire which they kindle for war.

{Every time [Jews] kindle [with sedition] the fire of war [against Muslims], God does extinguish it.}
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64 (external - login to view)
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64

Danbones
Free Thinker
We own our own central bank even though the politicians on both sides of the isle here have forgotten that - and are borrowing from the GLOBALIST deuschbags:
The US does not own its central bank - their privately owned CB is designed to wreck the joint
and it will

petros
Using your own bank limits the cash in circulation and makes inflation go nuts.

selfsame
If you look carefully to the picture of these two devils, you will see their hypocrisy to each other, but their advantage is common for both of them, while to God they are only two of His weak servants.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
I believe that Warren Buffet is predicting the same sort of thing. For a guy like that, it's an opportunity to make even more money.

selfsame
The Wicked Zionists oppose my posts as usual.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

Mmmmmm!

Pulled pork!

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Using your own bank limits the cash in circulation and makes inflation go nuts.

Where's the hole in your wall?

taxslave
No Party Affiliation

With all my respect to Chomsky, I predict their financial crash whether with or without Trump; but of course the crash will be greater with Trump, certainly; in addition to other catastrophes.

While the Wicked Zionists, the frustration will be their gain; certainly.

Of course the Wicked Zionist strive to make wars against Muslims everywhere, but God extinguishes their fire which they kindle for war.

{Every time [Jews] kindle [with sedition] the fire of war [against Muslims], God does extinguish it.}
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64 (external - login to view)
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_64

The problem is too many gay muslims in the highest posts in government.

mentalfloss
Yes, the problem is too many gay muslims...........

taxslave
No Party Affiliation

Wicked Zionists have more fun than you.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Where's the hole in your wall?

You've moved on from ankle grabbing to glory holes?

Remington1
Not sure about a crash, unemployment is low, real estate is recovering, income is going up. not all bad.

pgs
Free Thinker
Sell , sell , sell . divest quick .

If you look carefully to the picture of these two devils, you will see their hypocrisy to each other, but their advantage is common for both of them, while to God they are only two of His weak servants.

Every morning I bow down as looking toward Mecca and puck my guts out . It feels good like you know that it should . So good so good , I got you .