Massive employment boom as U.S. companies added whopping 298,000 new jobs in February

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S. companies added whopping 298,000 new jobs in February

New job figures from ADP beat economists' estimates by more than 100,000

Official February numbers will be out on Friday and are expected to lower the unemployment rate to 4.7 per cent

Trump tweeted that January and February 'were the strongest consecutive months for hiring since August and September 2015'

That language came from a similar report compiled by LinkedIn

more Trumptastic news

Trump's first full month brings massive employment boom | Daily Mail Online

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
nu-males gonna nu-male though. watch out. they're comin' in da thread. :lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Thanks Obama. Hopefully Trump can keep it going. I have my doubts with his 35% tariff. Taxes are job killers (unless you're a Dipper, then they're great)

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Thanks Obama. Hopefully Trump can keep it going. I have my doubts with his 35% tariff. Taxes are job killers (unless you're a Dipper, then they're great)

Depends. Tariffs would kill jobs in Mexico but create rising inflation in the US. It might create more jobs in the US, but with rising prices, we'd really just be creating the working poor.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Depends. Tariffs would kill jobs in Mexico but create rising inflation in the US. It might create more jobs in the US, but with rising prices, we'd really just be creating the working poor.
Working poor can't afford extras.

Taxes kill jobs. Everybody but Dippers and Trumpites understand that.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Working poor can't afford extras.

Taxes kill jobs. Everybody but Dippers and Trumpites understand that.

Whether tariffs would create jobs in the US or kill them, what is clear is that it would promote inefficiencies in economies of scale. Inefficiencies mean extra overhead costs that will be passed on to consumers.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

This isn't the first time he'll take the credit for something someone else did.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Who would have thought an employment boom under Trump would bring the libs to such tears.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
This isn't the first time he'll take the credit for something someone else did.

He can do that because Trumpites believe companies make major decisions like that in mere months. Clearly Trumpites aren't very business savvy.