Donald Trump Junks Barack Obama’s Pro-Transgender Policies

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
President Donald Trump is junking former President Barack Obama’s unpopular federal pro-transgender policies, according to the White House spokesman.

The policy reversal will likely protect single-sex civic groups and institutions — including single-sex bathrooms — across the nation from lawsuits and will put new pressure on federal judges to preserve the central role of biology in defining whether a person is male or female.

The new policy is a big defeat for gay advocacy groups and for progressives, who want judges to declare that people can change their legal sex when their “gender identity” changes from day to day.

The announcement came Tuesday from White House spokesman Sean Spicer, who said, “the president has maintained for a long time that this is a states’ rights issue and not one for the federal government.”

“So while we have further guidance coming out on this, I think that all you have to do is look at what the president’s view has been for a long time, that this is not something the federal government should be involved in, that this is a states’ rights issue,” he added.

more

Donald Trump Junks Barack Obama's Pro-Transgender Policies - Breitbart

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Is some sense returning to the public square. What Trump has actually done is taken the Federal Government out of the debate and tossed it back to the States, many of whom have been in an uproar since the Obama administration tried to impose 'gender' neutral policies on schools and institutions.

'Transgenderism' is a form of severe psychopathy; a distortion of all sense of reality and an insult to one's inherent nature. Homosexuality is rooted in paranoia, obsessive compulsive disorders, and emotionally stunted upbringings.

Both are pathological and self destructive to the individual and to society. No good will come of forcing some acceptance of this as normal or genetic on school children.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Is some sense returning to the public square. What Trump has actually done is taken the Federal Government out of the debate and tossed it back to the States, many of whom have been in an uproar since the Obama administration tried to impose 'gender' neutral policies on schools and institutions.

'Transgenderism' is a form of severe psychopathy; a distortion of all sense of reality and an insult to one's inherent nature. Homosexuality is rooted in paranoia, obsessive compulsive disorders, and emotionally stunted upbringings.

Both are pathological and self destructive to the individual and to society. No good will come of forcing some acceptance of this as normal or genetic on school children.

Trump's stated position is that transgendered people should use whichever bathroom they feel comfortable using.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
What I find interesting is the major media never mention that the Obama Order was given a "Stay" by the Courts. So it never really was implemented. Lets wait and see what happens.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
I in principle agree that this should be a states run issue.. if in the states educational dollars and boards are determined at the local government... so then should this be. I am not decided on it being a human rights issue. It seems to me that unless the washrooms are single use... you are legislating for the rights of the Transgender person over those of say a woman who is fearful of sharing the space with said Transgender person.

I appreciate what our school board in my city did... they set aside a safe single stall washroom in every school in the district as a unisex or Transgender facility. This way no one is infringed upon...and everyone has a safe space.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Transgenderism' is a form of severe psychopathy; a distortion of all sense of reality and an insult to one's inherent nature. Homosexuality is rooted in paranoia, obsessive compulsive disorders, and emotionally stunted upbringings.

Both are pathological and self destructive to the individual and to society. No good will come of forcing some acceptance of this as normal or genetic on school children."

The mothership will pick you up at the usual coordinates.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Trump's stated position is that transgendered people should use whichever bathroom they feel comfortable using.

Trump has been a supporter of the legitimacy of traditional marriage (one man, one woman, to the exclusion of all others). Presumably he would be equally sceptical of the lunatic fringe of the gender bending movement in transgenderism.

He purposely decided not to put the whole issue into his campaign as a distraction to his major initiatives. One of those will be to put in conservative, religious oriented, constructionist justices on the SCOTUS.. which in the long term will likely put marriage, and transgender 'equality', back into the hands of the states (and the popular will, rather than post structural ideologuse).. as the Constitution of the U.S. intended.

Last edited: