Sanctuary Cities Are CostingTaxpayers over $7,000,000,000 Annually

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Tancredo: Over 300 Sanctuary Cities Are Costing State and Local Taxpayers over $7,000,000,000 Annually

President Trump this week signed an executive order declaring war on so-called sanctuary cities. Agencies within the United States Government will begin withholding federal grant funds from those cities, and additional actions to enforce federal immigration law will be taken soon.

Unlike Obama, President Trump is not trying to making new laws by executive decree. In his Executive Order, the president is only reminding mayors and governors of existing federal law dating to 1996:
Tancredo: Over 300 Sanctuary Cities Are Costing State and Local Taxpayers over $7,000,000,000 Annually - Breitbart

lol
Lie barrals
can we afford the lunacy?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Montreal becomes sanctuary city

Montreal city council passed a motion Monday making it the latest Canadian jurisdiction to declare itself a “sanctuary city” for non-status immigrants.

The designation means undocumented refugees will have full access to local services regardless of their situation, with the city following in the footsteps of Toronto, Hamilton and London, Ont.

Mayor Denis Coderre told reporters he felt compelled to act because of events south of the border.

“One of the reasons I’ve done that is clearly because of what’s happening in the United States and what I’m witnessing in Europe,” Coderre said.
Montreal becomes sanctuary city | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

right well, he has been watching events unfold in the EU eh?

so who is going to pay for all this when we can't even take care of Canadian homelessness, and dunno if this dingbat has noticed the destruction of europe by illegals, but if he hasn't, maybe he should go live there.

maybe he could take some of the forum lefties with him too

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
To me, sanctuary cities are counterintuitive, why would 'some' group hide people from the CBSA?? Aren't they suppose to work together. Illegal immigrants need to be handed over to the correct agency to be processed and assisted, no?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
To me, sanctuary cities are counterintuitive, why would 'some' group hide people from the CBSA?? Aren't they suppose to work together. Illegal immigrants need to be handed over to the correct agency to be processed and assisted, no?

Yes.

But liberals are going to be liberal.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Montreal becomes sanctuary city

Montreal city council passed a motion Monday making it the latest Canadian jurisdiction to declare itself a “sanctuary city” for non-status immigrants.

The designation means undocumented refugees will have full access to local services regardless of their situation, with the city following in the footsteps of Toronto, Hamilton and London, Ont.

Mayor Denis Coderre told reporters he felt compelled to act because of events south of the border.

“One of the reasons I’ve done that is clearly because of what’s happening in the United States and what I’m witnessing in Europe,” Coderre said.
Montreal becomes sanctuary city | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

right well, he has been watching events unfold in the EU eh?

so who is going to pay for all this when we can't even take care of Canadian homelessness, and dunno if this dingbat has noticed the destruction of europe by illegals, but if he hasn't, maybe he should go live there.

maybe he could take some of the forum lefties with him too

As long as Montreal taxpayers are footing the bill, including sponsoring all the illegals I'm good with it.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I think all refugees and illegal immigrants need to move to Ottawa, which I'm shocked is not a sanctuary city, WTF. Completely surround Ottawa with townhouses? maybe? or Condos that could accommodate at least 1 million (for a start) and asa they arrive in Canada, they would have a place to live, be close to the Liberals, who could make sure they have food cards, assist the kids to assimilate into schools (might need to build a few school); help with language barriers, jobs, etc..after a few years, they could move wherever they want in Canada.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Sanctuary cities is really really stupid.

A complete abdication of unity of a province and country.
It could only be dreamed up by stupid Liberals

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think all refugees and illegal immigrants need to move to Ottawa, which I'm shocked is not a sanctuary city, WTF. Completely surround Ottawa with townhouses? maybe? or Condos that could accommodate at least 1 million (for a start) and asa they arrive in Canada, they would have a place to live, be close to the Liberals, who could make sure they have food cards, assist the kids to assimilate into schools (might need to build a few school); help with language barriers, jobs, etc..after a few years, they could move wherever they want in Canada.
It seemed to me on my last visit Ottawa couldn't even control the homelessness and drug crime around Parliament Hill . Why look after extra immigrants just send them to Toronto and Calgary .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And who invented that number? Oh - Breitbart. What a huge surprise.
So you're saying you think an average per city of $23 million/yr is being exaggerated? Did the big number intimidate you into not bothering with the math?
If they aren't employed in any fashion, who do you think is paying for their upkeep, God's good grace?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If American taxpayers weren't spending their money on this they would just waste it on meth.......

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Truth Bombers‏@Truth_Bombers

This is pretty incredible. A whopping 80% of Americans agree with President Trump's anti-sanctuary city policies. #Progress

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
And who invented that number? Oh - Breitbart. What a huge surprise.

to dumb to read...what a surprise
;)
just like the other times you have been source critical and content blind

How can we estimate those taxpayers costs? There is a wealth of data hidden in the annual reports on the federal State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) published by the US Department of Justice and each state department of corrections that chooses to apply for reimbursement grants under that program. Over 2,000 local county sheriffs also get federal reimbursement grants under that federal program.
from my link
STATE CRIMINAL ALIEN ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SCAAP)
https://www.bja.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?Program_ID=86

try reading for content
:)
its good for you

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
So you're saying you think an average per city of $23 million/yr is being exaggerated? Did the big number intimidate you into not bothering with the math?
If they aren't employed in any fashion, who do you think is paying for their upkeep, God's good grace?

Tell you what - give me a link to a reliable source and I will concede your point. Breitbart has the same level of credibility as the National Enquirer.

to dumb to read...what a surprise
;)
just like the other times you have been source critical and content blind

from my link
STATE CRIMINAL ALIEN ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SCAAP)
https://www.bja.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?Program_ID=86

try reading for content
:)
its good for you

Read my reply to Jinetonix. As for your link I don't see any numbers in it.