Puppet's Puppets

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
dem strings

By Kate on February 3, 2017 10:41 AM | 8 Comments
A reader, via email;
Needing to get this off my chest, and think it deserves wider publicity in the current environment. This is the blog that the CEO of our Portland based company put out yesterday:
We wholeheartedly support the importance of national security and safety. We also believe in the equality of every individual, and deeply value every member of our Puppet community worldwide. Respect and inclusion have always been foundational to Puppet.

We remain committed to providing our employees with resources to help them thrive in their professional lives, no matter where they are. We are a global company, and our team works across boundaries and borders. We are taking proactive steps that will enable our people to travel safely, continue to work effectively and serve our customers worldwide. And we are partnering closely with immigration counsel to advise and assist employees who may be disrupted by recent U.S. immigration policy changes.

To help further the protection of human rights everywhere, Puppet is pledging to match up to $25,000 for employee contributions made to the ACLU. Though we're a small company with limited resources, there's a lot we can do. We're in the process of identifying how our employees at our offices around the world can support the refugees in our communities. Often it's not money but time that makes the biggest difference. Puppet employees get four paid days off to volunteer each year. This is just the beginning, and I hope other companies will join Puppet in our outreach.
I am unable to share the internal e-mails that have also come out in connection with this, suffice to say that I think they would make any Trump voters feel very uncomfortable. [...] It also sounds very like this is not the only company playing this game.
I left a series of questions in a comment there, it's currently being held for approval. If you do the same, please be polite.

anyway kids...

"We will continue to hire based on merit, and will never discriminate for any reason."

How will they hire based on merit if they will never discriminate for any reason?