Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Think we're kidding?

Come at us bro

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm waiting for the Executive Order next week to shut down long lists of media outlets. First Ammendment? Not if everything you print is "fake news"! "We'll decide what's right and what's wrong"

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I guess that the meme is a "Yes"? Good idea?

I can never tell from those smartalec responses.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Russia, Nazi Germany and a long list of others started with attacking the media
When the government moves to segregate prisoners according to race the sad
truths about the real intentions of mad men will begin. Until that happens we are
dealing with a leadership that doesn't have a clue how World Politics works.
We are in interesting times. I am not sure if Trump is an evil menace or a buffoon
only time will tell. It will take about a generation to clean up the mess though

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It is truly astounding to watch the media be treated and threatened as they currently are. In one week..the threat to muzzle one of the key elements of democracy goes well beyond rationality. unless one lives in N.Korea. It starts with name calling and then threats. and then??? trying to sashape the media to fit the agenda that suits a self aggrandizing leader. Emperor wanna be

Hopefully the press will do their jobs and do them with integrity but also with revealing the facts as they are.regardless of what the bombastic c rotch grabber has to say about it. He has fully realized the power he has and has no problem abusing it already.

It would be nice to say that all this is Americas problem..but sadly it affects the whole planet and Trumps vile tentacle will spread their toxicity world wide.

yes.that sounds harsh.but if one cannot see the red flag...ONE IS NOT Paying ATTENTION

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
truths about the real intentions of mad men will begin. Until that happens we are
We are in interesting times. I am not sure if Trump is an evil menace or a buffoon
only time will tell. It will take about a generation to clean up the mess though
Buffoon. It's those he has surrounded himself with that are dangerous.........

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

They were successful at it, as well. Lesson was learned. You CAN permanently shut down the media .. quite easily, as it turns out. You can even do it all the while crying FREEDOM!. "Your news is fake news! We have to shut you down, NOW for our FREEDOM!!"

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Are you talking about Obama's treatment of the media ? That was what the article was about .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Almost as real as the Trumpite saltiness. Clearly there isn't much to brag about on the Trump front when folks have to keep bringing up Obama and the past

...wait for it ... a meme about Bill Clinton and Monica ...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They thought the articles were about Trump!

LMAOOOOOOO... such sheep.

any of you spastics bother to read the links in the OP?

Of course they didn't. They are already programmed correctly... no upgrades needed.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It is truly astounding to watch the media be treated and threatened as they currently are. In one week..the threat to muzzle one of the key elements of democracy goes well beyond rationality. unless one lives in N.Korea. It starts with name calling and then threats. and then??? trying to sashape the media to fit the agenda that suits a self aggrandizing leader. Emperor wanna be

Hopefully the press will do their jobs and do them with integrity but also with revealing the facts as they are.regardless of what the bombastic c rotch grabber has to say about it. He has fully realized the power he has and has no problem abusing it already.

It would be nice to say that all this is Americas problem..but sadly it affects the whole planet and Trumps vile tentacle will spread their toxicity world wide.

yes.that sounds harsh.but if one cannot see the red flag...ONE IS NOT Paying ATTENTION

Well I would agree with you except that the media hasn't been doing it's job way before Trump even entered the picture.

There is a problem with the media but I don't know how one would go about fixing it. Should Trump arbitrarily "muzzle" any news organization would truly be a mistake. I'm sure he must be frustrated by the coverage he gets, but a lot of it is his own fault.

Having said that, (unfortunately) the media makes things even worse than it actually is simply because of their bias which has no business being involved in the reporting of the news. They no longer "report" the news but actually influence the news by inserting opinions not necessarily backed by facts or by innuendo and personal ideology and/or feelings. And now they even report "fake" news. It has become extremely difficult to ascertain what is actually factual (aka true) and what is not. With people being busy trying to survive in hard times and making a living, they don't have the time and for some the means, to riffle through all the crap to find out what is and isn't true.

We need the media to be what they are supposed to be - reporting based on facts; true investigative reporting again based on facts and not innuendo and/or ideology. But the newspapers and TV media giants can't seem to be bothered or don't want to pay the price (aka spend the money) having their people actually work to get at the facts; just get "something juicy" so we can garner readers/watchers. It is truly unfortunate, especially for democracy as we know it and we will all, in the end, lose.

JMHO

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well I would agree with you except that the media hasn't been doing it's job way before Trump even entered the picture.

There is a problem with the media but I don't know how one would go about fixing it. Should Trump arbitrarily "muzzle" any news organization would truly be a mistake. I'm sure he must be frustrated by the coverage he gets, but a lot of it is his own fault.

Having said that, (unfortunately) the media makes things even worse than it actually is simply because of their bias which has no business being involved in the reporting of the news. They no longer "report" the news but actually influence the news by inserting opinions not necessarily backed by facts or by innuendo and personal ideology and/or feelings. And now they even report "fake" news. It has become extremely difficult to ascertain what is actually factual (aka true) and what is not. With people being busy trying to survive in hard times and making a living, they don't have the time and for some the means, to riffle through all the crap to find out what is and isn't true.

We need the media to be what they are supposed to be - reporting based on facts; true investigative reporting again based on facts and not innuendo and/or ideology. But the newspapers and TV media giants can't seem to be bothered or don't want to pay the price (aka spend the money) having their people actually work to get at the facts; just get "something juicy" so we can garner readers/watchers. It is truly unfortunate, especially for democracy as we know it and we will all, in the end, lose.

JMHO
The media though is doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing . Selling product . They is no law that says the media must be unbiased or even truthful .The media is doing their job of selling subscriptions and advertising .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The media though is doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing . Selling product . They is no law that says the media must be unbiased or even truthful .The media is doing their job of selling subscriptions and advertising .

And I say isn't that sad because you're absolutely correct. Real news isn't money is it?