74 Percent of Californians Want to End Sanctuary Cities

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
well well well...maybe common (Trumpin) sense is reaching the idiot left coast after all.

The vast majority of residents living in California would like to see sanctuary cities barred, a state home to multiple jurisdictions which refuse to abide by federal immigration laws.

Roughly 74 percent of California residents want to see an end to sanctuary city policies, according to a poll by UC Berkeley.

The issue to end sanctuary cities in the state crosses racial and party lines, with 65 percent of Hispanics registering their agreement, while 70 percent of independents, 82 percent of Republicans, and 73 percent of Democrats feel the same.

During President Donald Trump’s term, sanctuary cities could see a cut in federal funding and pushback from the Department of Justice under likely Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Poll: 74 Percent of Californians Want to End Sanctuary Cities

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Even one of our most liberal cities in Massachusetts (Newton) is fighting against becoming a sanctuary city. Not in their backyard.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I'm guessing the other 26 % being the people getting sanctuary?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
well well well...maybe common (Trumpin) sense is reaching the idiot left coast after all.

The vast majority of residents living in California would like to see sanctuary cities barred, a state home to multiple jurisdictions which refuse to abide by federal immigration laws.

Roughly 74 percent of California residents want to see an end to sanctuary city policies, according to a poll by UC Berkeley.

The issue to end sanctuary cities in the state crosses racial and party lines, with 65 percent of Hispanics registering their agreement, while 70 percent of independents, 82 percent of Republicans, and 73 percent of Democrats feel the same.

During President Donald Trump’s term, sanctuary cities could see a cut in federal funding and pushback from the Department of Justice under likely Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Poll: 74 Percent of Californians Want to End Sanctuary Cities

Apparently there are more 200 sanctuary cities across the US which in various ways are prevented from helping the Feds when it comes to immigration or custom offenses. Illegal immigrants convicted of crimes are allowed to just walk out of the courtroom in some cases. Pathetic that.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I have family in California. Been there over 50 years. They are all conservative. Just because it has been a blue state for a spell doesn't mean all is blue. Fukkin people climb out of your tunnel.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
im thinkin
the main southern population centers are the democratic and the more northern centers and rural areas would be republican?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
im thinkin
the main southern population centers are the democratic and the more northern centers and rural areas would be republican?
Back in the days of the Chandler family dynasty conservatism was the rule especially in the 30's. My family is in central California. I suppose the entertainment crowd has heavily influenced politics but even ole Clint Eastwood is conservative so it has its ebb and flow of opinion. Right now tthe left is the majority.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
I read Raymond Chandler
and that is the impression I got too

I have relatives there too,
a little towards the north ( as well as in the deep south -La)
and yup - conservative

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Apparently there are more 200 sanctuary cities across the US which in various ways are prevented from helping the Feds when it comes to immigration or custom offenses. Illegal immigrants convicted of crimes are allowed to just walk out of the courtroom in some cases. Pathetic that.

Well that is going to change.

*snicker*

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Many Trump supporters don't think that the majority vote in California means anything, so I was just wondering.

The majority vote in California did mean something. It got Hillary Clinton all of California's 55 Electoral Votes and that was factored into the total electoral vote count.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
So, do we now care what the majority in California wants?
sure, I mean if California slips into the sea, all the currents flow south...

Its probably good for Canada if the US has it's election processes LEGALY sorted out
being the elephant to the south to the squirrel in the north an' all

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Let's hope Trump takes a bat to these cities that harbor illegals and queue jumpers.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
It may be a long drawn out court battle but I think that Rump has the power to deny federal funds to those cities who refuse to comply with existing US laws. I'd sure like to see Chicago and San Francisco try to make it financially after losing about 30% of their money sources.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It may be a long drawn out court battle but I think that Rump has the power to deny federal funds to those cities who refuse to comply with existing US laws. I'd sure like to see Chicago and San Francisco try to make it financially after losing about 30% of their money sources.

I don't think it is going to be a long drawn out battle to cut the funds. It MAY be a long drawn out battle for these Sanctuary Cities to get the funds back!

They may have to go all the way to the Supreme Court!

*snicker*

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I don't think it is going to be a long drawn out battle to cut the funds. It MAY be a long drawn out battle for these Sanctuary Cities to get the funds back!

They may have to go all the way to the Supreme Court!

*snicker*
What I wanna know is do you have a nude poster of Troomp in your bathroom or do you go by imagination? :).

"snicker",,,,,"snicker,snicker, snicker.